Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVZGI6Ls91Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x19vLDMeI

Some new Revelations 2 enemies. Boy, does that invisible fly look fun to fight!!!!!

Jeez this is the invisible hunters all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Hedging my bets on Alex Wesker, especially after the shot of the finger perusing the photo of Albert Wesker. Her being holed up on an island doing research fits with the file found in Lost in Nightmares.

Also adopting a slight accent seems to be a Wesker thing to do.

I thought Alex Wesker was a man? Now I really hope it's him/her.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Doesn't sound like the same woman who shouts "Me and my sweet rear end are on the way!" while her partner is being mauled by wolves.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

As someone who never really has played Mercenaries or Raid mode (whatever that is), would the complete version of Revelations 2 be worth the extra cost?

If you intend to play multiplayer with a friend then yeah raid mode can be a lot of fun and worth it. Otherwise I don't really think it'll be worth it single player.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anybody play local coop in story mode yet?
Kinda curious how much fun it is to play as the other character since gonna be playing this with the bf.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

limited posted:

You're probably getting the feel because one of the character's main mechanics is exactly the same as Alan Wake - Shine a light on poo poo until it's vulnerable and kill it. Just that you have to switch character to shoot anything. :downsgun:

The episodic thing might either be a product of a few things, looking back. Either someone looked at Telltale's way of doing business and saw dollar signs, OR the game is going to possibly nose-dive in quality, so they're banking on the season-pass, and not-poo poo episodes suckering people in.

I'm still planning on buying it when it comes out in full for raid mode though. You win again Capcom. :argh:

The episodes are released weekly though, I doubt the quality is going to change much between each episode though the last episode could change a little bit.

Still baffled that we're getting a episodic release at all release when they release each week.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Uh, so when will Steam allow me to download this? It's 7 AM where I'm at. Didn't this unlock a few hours ago?

This game is off to an excellent start.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, so, there's zero co-op whatsoever in the campaign, at least on PC. Raid mode will have online coop next month.

I'm okay with this because i bought the game for raid mode anyway.

...No split screen for the campaign?

E: gently caress what a waste

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 25, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The game manual only lists Raid online co-op as a thing and specifically says campaign is offline-only. (Raid co-op isn't enabled yet at all/will be enabled when the 'full game' is out.) Every source I've found lists the online mode as Raid-only. I could be wrong, I just haven't seen it.

Raid mode is apparently offline and online(When they decide to make it online).
Vid of offline raid mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfDhbJatZdg

Campaign is offline only.

There is no offline coop on the PC version in either mode.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is it an annoying RE0 Billy and Rebecca amount of switching?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Seedge posted:

It's to make it like a TV show. I'd wager they'll track purchases to get an idea of how many MP servers they'll need to spin up in March when it goes online, too.

That actually sounds like a good idea. The weekly release doesn't bother me too much anyway just wondering why they went with this.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I assumed Raid characters are unlockable or something but apparently they are all DLC and so is everything else in that mode? if so, gently caress this game

What so raid mode only has four characters?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I figure they'll release more raid characters per episode. Wesker and HUNK being DLC isn't the worst thing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

For Barry's side? Yes. You have to play as the little girl until you see an enemy, maybe hurl a brick at it, and then swap back to Barry. You see weak points with her so the logical thing to do is swap to her, identify the weak point, swap back to Barry to shoot it. I think you can kinda tell the weak points from their model (that is what I try to do in Raid Mode when they show up) but still.

Now I kind of have to play the Barry sections coop.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Wish I could play as Wesker but gently caress paying 15 bucks for that.

He's 2.50 as a standalone pack.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Broose posted:

I don't see this at all. There are 4 default. 2 are unlocked with Completion medals (get all possible medals at once) at 10 and 90. Then there is the 2 true DLC characters. I don't really understand the second part at all. The shop is still the same as the first game. There is just an additional option to spend money if you don't want to grind/foolish.

You can totally waste your money on more space though!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/320380/

The DLC really doesn't seem like i'm missing much, aside from Wesker.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I was going to play the campaign offline co-op with a friend. Too bad Capcom neglected to tell me that wouldn't be available on the PC version when I pre-ordered it. I'm pretty pissed now since it was half the reason I didn't wait for a sale.

Grab a refund. That's what i'm done. Gonna pick up the PS3 version.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

I would but I doubt Green Man Gaming would give me a refund for that reason. Or should I contact Capcom?

I suppose Capcom? Yeah GMG wont do a refund for you.

If it makes you feel better people on the steam forum are saying "+1" a lot to somehow force Capcom to put in a split screen mode.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

All I know is that Green Man Gaming added the "no co-op" disclaimer AFTER the game was released.

The same thing was done on steam.

Capcom sent the same game description to all sellers and so the steam version has the incorrect feature mentioned on it too.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Somebody on neogaf is trying to mod in local coop for the PC version
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153643466&postcount=166

Apparently all the code for local coop is there but it's missing a menu for it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

GiantBomb did a Quicklook and the guy got lost in the first two minutes, even though he had already beaten it once. :wtf:

Sounds like every GiantBomb Quick Look.

I think they just do it to annoy people.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Seems like you keep your weapons when restarting the game (even if it's a difficulty you haven't beaten) which is very silly. Is there any way of avoiding this without deleting my files?

EDIT: I've used XPadder to assign keyboard keys to a PS2 controller. Using that and my XBOX360 controller me and my friend should be able to play single player coop. We won't be able to play as two characters at the same time, but we can switch to our respective character at appropriate times. My friend isn't much of a gamer so he will let me handle the fights and he'll do the exploring. It's going to be an interesting experience at the very least!

That actually sounds pretty fun. Hoping that this mod for split screen is ready soon though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Azran posted:

We're talking about the guy who unlocked 8 player AI/human Mercs in RE6. I'm sure he'll be able to release it soon. (Also, a lot of nude mods. :gonk:)
Is it just mandatory now for modders to make nude mods?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Coop mod is ready
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153923672&postcount=292

Raid mode will take more to get working.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

They're putting local coop back in the PC version
http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/610574106414653247/

It's in beta currently.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So since I returned Rev2 like chump I used the cash to grab Resident Evil 5.

Once we finish this I was thinking of just getting 6 instead of hopping back onto Rev 2.
So for it should I be doing specific chapters in order?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Leon's first chapters are the worst in the game so I'd get them out of the way first. However, I'd recommend looking up the various moves you can do, and practice them in Mercenaries before jumping in. You'll probably enjoy it more that way.

We'll probably skip practicing moves but thanks I thought six would just be more like 4 & 5 in the moveset department.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

All that stuff sounds insane. We'll play around then with them once we do a few campaign levels.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

smenj posted:

Here's a nice little short guide that should explain some of the things the game doesn't bother with. I'd recommend giving it a skim before you start, and then you're probably set!
Wow reading through that it sounds like it's way more melee focused. Now I want to skip the rest of 5 and start this.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

RE5 is also super melee focused. If you haven't been using Chris and Sheva's melee attacks you may want to reconsider.

Both, for example, have a neck-targeted instant-kill move. You can do it easily by shooting enemies in the knee so they drop then run past them. The moment the move name changes to neck break/throat slit hit the button and boom, instant dead enemy for only 1 bullet and they can't spawn Plagas.

We're still melee focused in 5 but it boils down to: shoot knees, uppercut/snap neck.

6 sounds like they went much further with that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

medieval catacombs beneath Chicago

Caidin posted:

vice president evil was gonna nuke the whole area to make sure his hilarious assassination plot/kooky tomb lab stayed covered up

Anonymous Robot posted:

The director of the NSA was just trying to recover his gently caress homunculus.

This plot sounds amazingly stupid.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is Resident Evil, dude.

I know and somehow it sounds like the absolute maximum stupid they could achieve in Resident Evil. I'm so proud of them

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Looking up Helicopter Pilots I didn't know the Kirk from Resident Evil 5 was the same one in Revelations you played as.

gently caress him though almost every time I play Resident evil 5 he randomly decides to fire a rocket at both of us after all the enemies are gone.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Rev2 is another TPS with a lot of the standard TPS mechanics.

And a really stupid plot.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

smenj posted:

Pretty sure this is a requirement for Resident Evil games at this point.

They wouldn't be nearly as good as they are if it wasn't a requirement.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Bought this on a whim and never played Revelations 1. How addictive is Raid mode exactly?

After playing the first episode with my BF we tried a mission just to see what it's like. We haven't really came back to the campaign since.

Still getting horrible startup stutters in the game and one mission it caused a guy to fall through the floor when he climbed in through a window.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Akuma posted:

So does Revelations 2 play more like the first one or 6? Because I finished the first one and enjoyed it but got all the achievements in 6 because it was just so fun to dive around and poo poo. Revelations HD felt so restricted in comparison.

I mean I'll still probably get it but being more like 6 would make me get it sooner.

Just comparing this to Rev 1, it feels really similar except that the evade is now mapped to a button and you don't have that silly scan gun. The evade move though isn't really the same as the crazy looking diving from RE6.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The scan gun is replaced by the second player's point-with-a-thing. There's even a cheevo for it which is "I miss Genesis."

Sorry forgot. Too much Raid mode.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I'm still playing the crap out of it because my loving lizard brain loves to see those numbers go up but I get the feeling I might burn out soon unless co-op adds something big.
Co-op with a friend is pretty fun.

Playing with the bf and he loves using Moira and the double barreled shotgun to the point where he gets into horrible situations because he insists on firing from point blank every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

abagofcheetos posted:

Completing the campaign unlocks a bunch of characters to play as though.

Playing raid mode unlocks the only characters people care about though.