Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Along those same lines,

Middle East Conflict Intensifies As Blah Blah Blah, Etc. Etc.

And Stop Making Movies About My Books by Dr. Seuss (written in Seuss' style) is priceless.

Zugzwang has a new favorite as of 14:23 on Jun 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Jerusalem posted:

Study: Women Always Answer Their Phones Unless They're Having Great Sex With Someone Else

The final line about 99% of women who answer the phone is great as well.
The phone in the main picture for this reminded me of another gem:

Report: 90% Of Waking Hours Spent Staring At Glowing Rectangles

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love this article so much it hurts.

Scrappy Band Of Lovable Misfits No Match For Rich Kids
http://www.theonion.com/articles/scrappy-band-of-lovable-misfits-no-match-for-rich,179/
Okay, this article is loving hilarious. And I've never seen it before. Thanks for posting it!

itrorev posted:

^^^^
Dear god, they even gave the misfit kids stereotypical movie nicknames like Hackmeister and Half-Pint.
"The Heap" has to be the best one.

Content:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Haha, this reminds me of one of their all-time best ones:

Single Bee Sends Gathering Of Humans Into Helpless Panic

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Incredible post + avatar combination.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
This is literally not satire.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Things That Shouldn't Be Said In Modern Society To Be Said At Least 1,400 Times At RNC

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Virginity Still In Mint Condition
I can't stop laughing at this.

And now for content. This one is an oldie, but it's golden: Church Group Offers Homosexual New Life In Closet

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Chiefs Realize Brady Quinn Received 'Frog And Toad Are Friends' Instead Of Playbook

I honestly don't follow sports at all, but The Onion's headlines/brief articles on sports are usually so funny, I don't need to know anything about the person they're parodying in order to enjoy what I'm reading.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Having known some Truthers in my time, this one is masterful: 9/11 Truther Convinced Government Destroyed Past 11 Years Of His Life

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Hot on the heels of his appalling display from yesterday - Romney: 'We Should Never Apologize For American Values Or Japanese Internment Camps'

The punchline is especially great, since this is exactly what he did when asked how his administration would have handled the attacks:

quote:

When asked by reporters what American values are exactly, or what the phrase American values even means, Romney stared at the press, blinked several times, and walked off stage.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Another Romney gem: Now That My Campaign Is Over, I'd Like To Talk To You All About The Church Of Latter-Day Saints

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

lidnsya posted:

I really love this one:

It's Not Okay To Just Start Talking To People You Don’t Know

'In addition, just because you are sitting next to someone you don’t know on a bus or airplane, that doesn’t give you any right to talk to that person, even if he or she is reading a book you once read. The study goes on to state that talking to an unfamiliar person in a setting where the individual essentially can’t escape the conversation is “one of the cruelest things one human being can do to another human being.”'
See, I'm not sure how to take this article. Part of it seems like it could be lamenting the fact that people don't/"aren't supposed to" talk to each other, but then the last line you quoted seems sincere.

Anyway, my contribution - this video's a few years old but quite funny: Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Nation's Ever So Malleable Simpletons Fluttering Between Candidates Like Shuttlecocks Through Every Moment Of Debate

Edit: Also, Romney To Town Hall Audience: 'I Own Horses And Care For Them, And You Are All Like Horses'

Zugzwang has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Oct 17, 2012

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
With the Trump stuff in the news again, let's not forget this gem (it's from News in Photos so I'll just post the photo):

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
They've been cranking out some great hurricane-related ones:

20 Idiots Evacuated From Times Square M&M's Store

Misinformed Man Riding Out Storm In Bathtub Filled With Batteries

Hurricane Gives Holed-Up Couple Great Chance To Have All Those Fights They've Been Avoiding

What's that white stuff on his work uniform? :stare:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Weird Couple Has Greatest Sex Of Their Lives After Announcement Of Disney-LucasFilm Merger

Last line:

quote:

The exceedingly strange couple added that they hadn’t had such great sex since 2007, when they “couldn’t keep their hands off each other” after learning Brendan Fraser had signed on to reprise his role as explorer Rick O’Connell for a third film in The Mummy franchise.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
'I Want To Congratulate The President,' Romney Says In 240,000th And Final Lie Of Campaign

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
"Hillary Clinton announces she has 'not ruled out' 2016 run. Orb instantly quadruples in size."

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

That DICK! posted:

The best thing about this election being over is I never need to watch this 7/11 cup commercial again. Except it's still on, for some reason.
Yes, this commercial is so awful, you'd need to watch 10 of The Onion's best videos in a row to cancel it out. Too bad you can't do that without having to watch the commercial again!

I would happily pay a membership fee to get rid of ads on that site, christ.

Content: Millions Without Power Following Election

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Since we're posting old gems, I was reminded of this one today: Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I know more than a few people who are exactly like this: Area Woman Finally Uploads All 12 Million Pictures Of Her Vacation To Europe On Facebook

Related classic: Amazing New Hyperbolic Chamber Greatest Invention In The History Of Mankind Ever

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I've never seen this one before. Holy poo poo. I'm laughing and :stare:ing at the same time.

For content, here's another great one from back then: Dog Urine Lowers Heart-Attack Risk, Say Snickering Researchers

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Rand Paul's reaction was loving perfect.
So are the news ticker bits about The Hobbit.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
'Tis the season: Holiday Advertisers Seek Coveted Dicktard Demographic

Time Cowboy posted:

Biden Pins Up Guitar Lesson Flyers On White House Bulletin Board

It's just the headline and the picture, but Uncle Joe. :allears:
This makes me so happy. :allears:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Scientists Debut Smug Robot That Can Run Half-Marathon, Brag About It

The news ticker is great as usual in this one, especially "Honda Working On More Realistic Bot That Gives Up On Going To Gym"

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
This is a work of art. The last line: "When pressed for further comment, sources nationwide noted that the only implausible development they could think of would be if sales of Chris Brown albums were to be adversely affected in any way by such an incident."

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
In between bouts of contemplating moving to one of the uninhabited islands off the coast of Alaska until ads for "Identity Thief" stop being shown, I thought of this Onion article: Vindictive Movie Studio Threatens To Make 'Coyote Ugly' Sequel

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
So the question is: how many people are going to believe this? Bonus points for being a foreign news source.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
This is indeed one of their all-time greatest articles.

Another oldie-but-goodie: Area Homosexual Saves Four From Fire

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Lovechop posted:

I thought it was hilarious. It sucks to see the Onion break the fourth wall and apologize, I don't know why everyone was so worked up about something a satire site said.
People are worked up because a 9-year-old was called the worst word in the English language.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
:regd08:

Difficult To Tell If T.J. Maxx Hit Hard By Recession

Childbirth To Be Area Woman's Least Painful Interaction With Daughter

Heroic Computer Dies To Save World From Master's Thesis

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Two classic point/counterpoints:

My Computer Totally Hates Me! vs. God, Do I Hate That Bitch

This War Will Destabilize The Entire Mideast Region And Set Off A Global Shockwave Of Anti-Americanism vs. No it won't

The second one refers to the Iraq war. I swear, between that one and this one, if I didn't know better, I'd say they were psychic:

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The look on the cat lover's face is absolutely priceless.

Content: Darling, I Will Give You The Moon And The Stars vs. Giving Me The Moon And Stars Would Have Disastrous Effects On Our Galaxy

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
This is genius.

450-Pound Man Didn't Go To Doctor For A Lecture

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ultrafilter posted:

Did you know that The Onion has actually pulled an article from their archives?

Black Bear Attacks, Rapes, Zookeeper:
This one, too. Study Reveals: Babies Are Stupid

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Holy gently caress.

Hi, In The Past 2 Years, You Have Allowed Me To Kill 70,000 People (By Bashar al-Assad)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The "babies are stupid" story was in "The Onion's Finest News Reporting", which was one of their first books, if not their first book altogether. I can understand why they pulled that "bear rapes man" story somebody posted above, but this one was pretty good satire.

Zugzwang has a new favorite as of 03:53 on Mar 26, 2013

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
To mark today's SCOTUS cases regarding same-sex marriage, I thought this was worth posting:

I Get To Determine Whether Gay People Can Marry (by Clarence Thomas)

quote:

I've spoken maybe two times in the past decade, for Christ’s sake. Think about that. That’s hundreds and hundreds of cases during which I've sat silently and twiddled my thumbs as my colleagues actively interrogated lawyers and posed tough questions about the scope and applications of laws—cases to which I barely paid attention, sometimes appearing to nap on the bench. And I get to have a say in deciding on a constitutional level whether or not all adult members of the human race have the right to recognize their unions? That historic judgment falls on my shoulders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Supreme Court Justices Brought To Tears By Heartfelt Testimony Of Bigot Who Hates Gay People

Yes indeed, the arguments being used by the anti-marriage equality attorney are really, really, truly embarrassingly terrible.