Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

FPzero posted:

What exactly are the types of items that go in the upper left of the screen like the Flat Penny and that skull? Are those the curse items? All I know is they started appearing with the expansion and I don't know what they do at all. I'm assuming passive bonuses both positive and negative.

Trinkets. Similar to collectible items, but you can only have one at a time (Unless you have Mom's Purse) and have to switch them out. You can find out what they do here" http://bindingofisaac.wikia.com/wiki/Trinkets. Keep in mind that the Tick one can't be removed once you pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I can barely imagine how long it must take to code in every single item interaction.

It is probably far easier than you think, now that they don't have to worry so drat much about memory management and aren't coding in actionscript.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

PostNouveau posted:

drat, seriously? I've played 20 drat hours, and you're telling me there's a harder boss? I had to use the Habit+Yum Heart to do it!

I think my main beef with the game is that I don't feel like I'm making strategic choices. I just have to take what the game gives me, and maybe I get really lucky and the game gives me the tools necessary to win.

There's 'a' harder boss, hahahaha

Pidmon wasn't kidding when he said you're 10% through the game's content. As you figure out ways to use the existing items and unlock new ones, the game will fix the issue of strategic decision-making by itself.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 17, 2014

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

IronicDongz posted:

His latest XCOM Long War series has been pretty good but if you watch all of his BoI videos you probably need professional help

Probably if you don't actually play XCOM Long War, because if you do you're just screaming advice and insults at your monitor.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

PostNouveau posted:

I like Maggie. The Yum Heart is a pretty good item to start with.

Eve is hot garbage.

My best runs have all been with Eve, to the point that I consider using her to be a crutch that I need to stop. It is very possible to have a permanent Whore of Babylon effect, and until then, Dead Bird is a great help with hard-to-hit enemies and making up for her low damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
"Before December 31st"

• Locked thread