Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Bigger chromed charging ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Shampoo posted:

Chrysler set up a display out front of the student center at work.

Missing? Actual Chryslers. They have a Jeep, a Fiat and an Alfa.

I'm sure the students would love to look at the latest model of the Town & Country.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hey, at least they are full instead of half-scissor jacks!

:suicide:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Yep. If you don't defend your trademarks tooth and nail, someone can use them as a precedent against you in court. Lawyers ruin everything.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Maybe he's using it as a pit bay. :ohdear:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Bosch has an "OE" line of icons that has adapters for all the weird attachment methods if your car doesn't use the std hooks.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

More like the only way to make a living is taking money from idiots with no taste to make garbage.

I'm sure out there, somewhere, is an airbrush artist who does quality poo poo. He or she is also gainfully employed in some other occupation.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

This would be cool to drive around the surface of another planet.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

They're worried about someone stealing their proprietary software, not keeping your car safe. Same poo poo that's been fought over in IT for the last decade.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Classic.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

wayfinder posted:

To change the bulbs on my Renault's high beams, you need to remove the front bumper completely :derp:

There are several GM products that require this, as well. It's not a rare design flaw.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

A rolling advertisement for the local science and industry museum?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Why has flat earth theory seemingly gained so much ground in the US? Y'all really seem to love conspiracies over there and I'm worried.

Because Americans, from the time they are born, are fed a steady diet of lies, both small and large.

For a small percentage of people, when they reach adulthood and find out the truth, it breaks their brains.

They become convinced that EVERYTHING IS A LIE.

The earth is flat, moon landings fake, etc.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Or a bade brake hose. Or a stuck piston.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Attach a clip on schraeder thing to your harbor frieght air compressor and let er rip.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

It's an old guy hobby, more common in rural areas where they have free barn space.

one of my old bosses liked to restore Caterpillar D2s he had 3-4 of them in various stages of :effort:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

chuck tingle drives an f-150?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The CAN bus was originally designed as a trusted network. Security was never a consideration, because they never thought that anyone would be dumb enough to connect it to the INTERNET.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Oh gently caress that brings up another possible vector/motive to defend against. Remember back in early remote garage door opener days when thieves would just build a circuit that ran through all possible code combinations?

Like that, but with your car doors and the internet.

Already been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR8RrmEizVg

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I dunno what happens when the cars are out of warranty. Is there even a firmware fix available, or do you just have to also buy new batteries all the time?

hardware fix, just short out the switch that drops the alternator, I'm assuming it is an AC compressor style hardware clutch?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hes already figured out fygm. A naturalization success story. :911:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I had a volvo with wheel bolts. It had an alignment pin on the hub face to help you line things up. :sweden:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The lambo on the lift in the background and the Bentley up top tell me it's some expensive bullshit.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

That "rotor" looks like a pizza pan

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Motronic posted:

Yeah, good point. The entire industry has shifted from selling cars to selling loans. The cars are just the enticement to sign up for financing.

This isn't just the dealerships - the manufacturers are in on it as well, with all of them having "captive finance" arms.

Thebigshort.txt

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Its not the S-10 thats getting the DUI

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Memento posted:

Is that running off the heater core? That kinda rules.

Except it's probably PVC, which has a max temp rating of 140f. :negative:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Cylinders As A Service

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

the other option is a trailer hitch platform and some well secured jerrycans.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Click it or ticket

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Those are walnut pods

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

Yeah unless they got some sort of contract that is like "we told this dipshit multiple times we didn't want to do it and he's still insisting we do it" arent they liable for it?

Yeah I've run into this several times. the answer is always "We need the sales numbers just do it anyway"

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Wouldn't it be better to just put hydraulic brakes on the same pedal as well? No way to confuse pedals and no time wastes moving foot in an emergency. Plus you eliminate at least one assembly with the actual pedal but also the parking brake is always applied automatically. Someone send this to Elon.

Or we could just leave it the way it is, because its the industry standard that everyone is taught how to use, and going to single pedal does not significantly reduce the cost or complexity of the vehicle.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

And replaced it with an arrow, yes.

As far a screed vehicles go it's pretty well crafted and clever.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The counter guys don't care how much oil you bring in.

just dont make a mess, and don't be a jerk about it. sign the stupid clipboard and wait until I make the company mandated sales pitch to the people buying light bulbs and wipers.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The best one is the overly polite old, who, while in the roundabout, tries to yield to you, the person waiting to enter. Therefore stopping traffic entirely. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Nope thats still on brand for chrysler/nissan, they build an entire series of lemons but you aunt petunia has one with 490k on it that starts every time and has had nothing but oil brakes and a battery done to it