Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Rirse posted:

How come Zelda 2 and a few other NES games don't get the update to get the new features?

This really confused me too, no restore feature and a barebones manual. I shouldn't have to search for an update to make this game on par with the other virtual console games I've bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Dehry posted:

Super Mario World for $9.99 would decimate sales of a new $39.99 Mario game, the same with Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokemon. Nintendo isn't trying to sell a portable SNES, they are trying to sell a new handheld console. If you want one of those, just get this.
Super Mario World for $9.99 on the Wii did not decimate sales of New Super Mario Bros.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Haraksha posted:

Are any of the 3D classics really worth it?
Kid Icarus 3D Classic adds some nice new background graphics, a save function, and an ability to slow fall, making the game noticeably easier. Sadly it also removes New Game+. I think it's a nice alternative to the original game.

StevenM posted:

Maybe they're going to be characteristically Capcommy and release a Megaman Classic Collection cartridge.
I'd like that because if literally every Capcom collection to date is proof, it would cost consumers less money than paying $5 a piece for the individual games on the Virtual Console.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I guess I'm the only one to say Yoshi's pretty fun with another player. Yeah there are like a dozen better options, but it's not a terrible game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Knytt Underground was highly anticipated before its original release, but I don't think it got a great reception, did it?
It's a terribly written, repetitive slog with a few clever puzzles that are too far apart from each other.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Picked that up when it went on Club Nintendo (Also got the First Startropics back when they gave away a free NES game for people who bought the internet browser)

Muscle March, haven't heard of it, I'll look into it.

There's no point in owning a Wii/Wii U without Muscle March.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Curve Digital just announced a couple more indie ports to Nintendo systems: Titan Attacks is coming to 3DS, and Ultratron is coming to Wii U, both in early 2015.
I don't know about Ultratron but Titan Attacks is super terrible.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ultigonio posted:

Yeah, Guacamelee is easily the best game in that lineup (well, Teslagrad might be, I have yet to actually get far enough through it to know that). I'm considering actually buying Super Turbo Championship Edition even though I already own the previous version ("Gold") since there's new content and I like supporting indie devs on the Wii U.
It has like two hours of new content as well as new mechanics throughout the original parts, it's 100% worth it. They also took out a lot of the dumb memes.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I've only played the demo (PS4 version that goes through the first boss fight) but the writing was really grating on me by the end of that, I can't imagine how it could last 20 hours. Every single NPC you meet handing out a fetch quest was terrible too. If it gets better I'd like to give it another shot but it just feels like a really bad Earthbound fan game with an OK battle system from the demo.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I do too, the delivery is just bad and every character seems to be a one note joke.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm glad these Donkey Kong games are all out today so no one accidentally spends their $10 on Titan Attacks.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

deadwing posted:

Holy poo poo are they serious with that price? I got it free on PS+ and might recommend it for a buck if someone was looking for something Space Invaders-y.

It's worth one dollar max, yeah. It feels like a "Build a Space Invaders game" class project that technically works but is absolutely flavorless. (It's up to $12 on PSN somehow now too)

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 26, 2015

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The new Yoshi sounds are the worst part of the GBA version.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I don't think they ruin the game but they honestly do bother me more than the smaller field of view, I got used to that pretty quick. The added sounds in a lot of Nintendo's GBA ports/remakes are terrible.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yoshi Touch and Go is a great $10 game and this is a great Wario Ware even if some weirdos hated it at release, good week.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I just want Pokemon Snap with gyro controls.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

ImpAtom posted:

It's length. The original Snap was an hour long or so and it's sort of hard to stretch it out much further. You can do it as a cheapo downloadable title but probably not worth it.

I would be totally happy paying $15 for the N64 game with new controls, they don't have to expand anything.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Are Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby Star Stacker, and Kirby's Dream Course good?
Aside from Kirby's Avalanche those are the only Kirby games I haven't played and since they are on sale I was just gonna buy them all unless any of them are bad games.

Dream Course is fantastic and the rest are decent.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pac-Man 2 with touchscreen controls instead of awkward d-pad cursor movement would be my favorite game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Squeak Squad is a really middle of the line Kirby game but it's cute and has a funny story about cake.

I never played Return to Dreamland so I'm pumped for that.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

You don't need a coaster if you just throw your bottle of Dew into a pile of dirty clothes when you're not drinking from it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Junkie Disease posted:

Where is the Sun and how do I push most of this thread into it?

Welcome to New! Something Awful Forums.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The challenges are lots of fun and 7 and 8 are bad anyway so who cares about them?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Augus posted:

The challenges only exaggerate the lovely parts of the games and there are plenty of games they could've found to include besides 7 and 8

Actually they accentuate the good parts of the games and are a fun way to compete with friends.

But yeah the leaderboards are buggy. They'll get fixed.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The pointer controls in RE4 Wii are more fun than the nicer graphics of the HD version but it kind of sucks that they didn't just port that version to the U.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

My aunt is a amiibo.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

They've got my favorite Pokemen in them.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Silver Falcon posted:

Frankly, what I'm hoping for in the new Metroid is something like... it's revealed that the lady in Other M was not Samus at all, but a wannabe fangirl posing as her. Or it was a bad action movie based on Samus' adventures. Either of those scenarios would explain so much.
This would be bad, just ignore it. Movies/games/comic books have bad episodes all the time where their sequels ignore the bad parts.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Let's talk about games here and keep the boring dumb arguments in the Wii U thread. Double Dragon 3: Is it as bad as I remember? I haven't played it since it was new but I remember really hating it. Someone tell me if it was actually cool and I was just confused.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Muscle March is the game Cho Aniki always should have been.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

You should have to buy separate Amiibos for Wii U and DS, Nintendo is sitting on a potential goldmine there, please hire me.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

This is great, I actually haven't bought many VC games on the U and this would be a much cheaper option for me.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Kurtofan posted:

Axiom Verge is on wii u, I heard the game was good, yeah! or nay.

I liked it for the first 2/3rd and by the end getting back and forth between areas felt like a dull time sink and the bosses became terrible. But I think the early content is really fun, so kind of a toss-up.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

NES Remix is wonderful and 2 is even better.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No one has nostalgia for short controller cables.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Arcade Mario Bros rules, really glad to have a nice version of it with online score boards.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pinball Arcade is a lot of fun but every version has its own idiotic problems that Farsight takes ages to fix, if they ever do. The lighting has been screwed up on the PS4 version since early this year and a patch is still "coming soon."

deadly_pudding posted:

edit: I just figured out that Stern Pinball Arcade is the same as Pinball Arcade. Why is the name different? Is that just how it was in EU?
They're not the same, they feature different tables. Stern Arcade is largely modern machines, Pinball Arcade is largely classics. Stern Arcade has very few tables, Pinball Arcade has tons.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 12, 2017

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I wasn't the biggest fan of vanilla Pacman CE2 but the new co-op mode rules, it's so good

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Arcade Archives Punch Out is out now and it's cool to see how different it looks and feels from the NES game but I'm completely terrible at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm kind of amazed that the Street Fighter Collection doesn't seem to show you a connection strength with other players online. I'd never accept half of these fights if I knew they'd be so laggy.