Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Sherringford posted:

If he is Togami himself, then I have to wonder how the hell you can get so fat in a post-apocalyptic world. Like, that takes a certain type of skill.

Or how he got trapped, again, in a classroom.

Right at the start of this game we can already tell some of the designs are close to the ones in DR1, which might probably toy with us in some shape or form, can't wait to see when the bad stuff starts to happen.

Also, we can spot the fanservice character, so no need to look any further than that. (now if she dies first, there goes the fan service).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

TKMobile posted:

The resemblance is uncanny, but that's a girl, I'm telling you. ...Also... isn't buzzcut here on the New/Load Game screen next to Hinata?

well, Maizono was on the start screen with Naegi, see where she ended up being for that.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Zhauth posted:

SCOOBY GANG ASSEMBLE!

Well played. Very good one.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
I keep thinking that we are all too over excited about this whole game, which I can't blame you cause the previous game was good, but I think we should just let the whole thread flow before we start jumping the gun and say ''Okay, this is what's going to happen according to how little we have read about this game''.
If we are missing something important, it is the motive for everything to go wrong.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
So, an airport with planes without engines is probably the tip of this huge iceberg of really strange things.
Also, by looking at the map, there's a grand total of 6-7 islands, with 1 acting as the main hub to 5 of them. This will probably play out the future.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

Mahiru Koizumi ( 小泉真昼 ) is voiced by Yuu Kobayashi. She’s yet another very prolific voice actor in this game. Fans of Dangan Ronpa may have heard her as Kanon in the animated version of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.

I find it incredible that I did miss this one. I sometimes can't tell who is voicing who due to their range, and that is quite scary.

Now related to this update, collect all hope shards and they are back into Hope's peak? Something sounds as miss from that point onwards.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Dragoon Cody posted:

Well I'm no Fi, but I'm calculating the chance that photos from that camera will be involved as evidence in a trial at around 100%.

You mean a ''Oh, I happend by chance to take a picture of the moment when the culprit was killing x! Here, look at it!'' scenario?
Maybe, it's a normal scenario which tends to be a red herring in some cases.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Dr. Demon posted:

All I'm going to say is that this discussion (and, honestly, the thread in general) reminds me a lot of this.

This is what it's happening right now. No joke. And this is when the terrible stuff hasn't even started yet, which is horrifying.

When the first body shows up, if it is a first body, I will look foward to the speculations and all that. Till then, reading Oren's update, Fedule's update and then off to read another thread.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Fedule posted:

Suggestion: Don't make far-reaching (like, endgame-scope) speculations you wouldn't be willing to Toxx yourself to.

Actually, it would be a good idea if people toxxed themselves if they are sure about their speculations, it would be quite a show.
So, Monobear happend, Monomi showed up and we have some struggle by the player's side. Also, it seems that Monobear hasn't changed his game, for now. Kill someone, make it out through the trial, you can leave the island.
I really hope the same trick is not used again, but it probably won't be the case in this game.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Monimi gunned down? Despair kicking in? new intro?

This update has alot of stuff going on. The new intro is quite good with the Despair Trial soundtrack playing on the background.
Togami pointing out the worst fact, almost at the end of the update, just feels off for some reason.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
If the scenario is ''Someone kill or I will blow you all up with the mono bomb'', then we are in some something strange.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Yay for Mr Porkfeet.
Also, since Wyvernil posted the first game's free time event, Togami didn't even scratch the top 5 for the free time event. Now he is 2nd by a huge amount of votes.

What a sequel can do to a character.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Fedule posted:

Seriously. Unless some guy literally jumps out at you from the shadows shouting "Junko is the mastermind!", (which, being fair, did (sort of) happen to one guy in the last thread) it isn't hard to avoid spoilers as long as you possess a measure of patience.

Patience? PATIENCE? Where? I need my DR2 fix.

Also, I don't get why people can't limit themselves to this thread only for information, and not google or Youtube. I mean, there's a reason why Orenoren uses polsy for linking uploaded videos to you guys.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Recreation activities?
I can't bet it will be the ''Loser team gets a deadly punishment'' scenario, cause the whole trial thing would be pointless in the first place. This is going to look pretty grim.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

and there are even entire free time sequences that are locked off if you don't start them early enough in the story.

That gives me some sort of internal peace, as in, I don't have to read more theories based on a single line that can be taken out of context and came from a free time event.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

A bit late for contributing, but here we go anyway:

Not enough blushing!

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
So, memory thief is the result? Hmmmm
Also, I think we are going too deep into Togami's statement, he could be refering to some other event in the past rather than DR1's events. There's no clarification about the situation at all.

In anycase, seems that the motive of murder, this time, would be memories. I wonder if they will go again with the DR1 scenario about intimate information.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Actually, if I had to work around Monobear's statement about ''15 students and a traitor'' I'd would have gone with:
Out of the 16 people, 15 are students and 1 is the teacher. From those people, one of them is a traitor.
But considering all of them are high school level people, my argument falls flat on it's own, which is terrible.

Aside from that, I'm glad the game on it's own pokes fun of it's previous title. It's always good to do that from time to time.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Fedule posted:

but the real wonderful thing here was that people have gotten so attuned to impending spoilers that several people who actually read the post still can't actually remember the spoiler.

Or have really poor short term memory, which is fine as well!

Now regarding the latest update on Zero, we finally have Junko around being... well ... Junko. But after reading that update I have the ugly feeling that we are half way through the whole thing, just a hunch.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Why do I feel that Togami will not say anything about DR1, like most people seem to be expecting, and he will talk about something related to his family?
Also, as it was implied in several comments during the update, that entire place is a death trap, even the steel plated windows give it away as such.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

The sequence was just too long. At least you're getting an update a day until something does happen, I promise.

If this is the scenario, I'm quite happy about it.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
So Porkfeet is dead with a wound on his belly. Interesting.

Also, I wonder how they managed to pull Togami, without leaving any blood trace, to below the table. Something is terribly off about that, considering how large Togami is, in this game. The green stuff on the table cloth is bothering me a little bit as well, I doubt it would be to conceal the knife.

I will try not to overthink it much, since probably it will be, again, a tutorial trial, so the answer will be kinda given out on a silver platter.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Jeek posted:

She is a SHSL Swordwoman with a sword with her. If anything, we should worry about Kuyuuzuu being bashed to death by a shinai.

I think I would be worried more about the box Peko was meant to be protecting.

I hope it is still with her, cause it smells like trouble.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Hanamura is off to Hell's kitchen, no way back from it.

I don't even think Nagito was able to kill Togami, cause if he did the time it would take Nagito to ''hide'' the bloodied cloth on the storage room and go back to the dinning hall without any sort of night vision makes the whole thing highly unlikely.

Now, regarding Nagito's attitude, I guess we will have to wait for further development to see his real intentions, but he still is helpful and I hope he remains like that.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

No matter how many times I keep watching this scene, I feel that the next counter arguments will be even better, compared to the previous ones that were shown before.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

CaptainFish posted:

Not sure how it's possible to think of anything else during this exchange...

So, Hinata-kun! How about a little one-on-one with me?!

O...One-on-one...? Is he... enjoying this...? Is this a game to him?

poo poo! I can't lose to someone like him!

Can't wait to see the final breakdown comic. Hope it hasn't changed that much, I always liked how distressed/sinister the identity-less culprit looked in them.

Not even in this place I can escape you, Barkley.

Dereich posted:

Now I know that Nagito's "you've got that wrong" animation stole the show, but can we acknowledge how great the "I concur" sequences are?

This is true, and it may be related cause both things are rather new.
In DR1, only Naegi would be the one doing the objections and everyone else would be wrong. A nice change of style that looks really drat good at the same time.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Dean of Swing posted:

Why was this rejected. Dude looks like he stepped right out of Super High School Level Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

School regulations, you can't be Nobunaga and the head master of hope academy at the same time.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

lotus circle posted:

It was a lineup of the cast with different hairstyles. I found a screencap of it, but the quality isn't all that great. I assume it's ok to post since it's just a straight rip from the website and doesn't have spoilers.

I think I would have rolled with these haircuts just fine, specially Hinata's. That thing could work as a lightning rod.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

KillerEggplant posted:

At any rate, I have a headache coming on, so I'm going to knock off on the drawing for now, but that was a fun side trip.
That must be Hellowinter using telepathy to force you to draw more. OBEY.

In anycase, now the only thing left is to wait and see how this trial keeps going.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
Hanamura is about to join ranks with Mondo in the culinary world, no doubt about it.

Good thing we still keep Nagito, he is the villain we need in this game.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Kringlorr posted:

imma get that torgami

I won't be able to see the Pillsbury Doughboy the same way as I did after seeing this image.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

yaoi prophet posted:

Fortunately no spoilers for SDR2, but it's still kind of weird to think about how this game is arguably only getting any fanart done over here because of Oren's work.

Makes you think how it would turn out with DR2.

If we take Oren's words about how DR2 is, the whole thing will explode at the end.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

Seibu Keisatsu is a different matter. Here's one of the opening sequences in all of its glory. If you click only one link in this post, choose this one.

Explosions, the opening.

It was great, it would actually make me watch this completely just for that video.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
I like reading the speculation in this thread, but the thing is, why would someone leave a mask on purpose?
Who was wearing that mask?
And finally, is the baseball bat the actual murder weapon?

Those 3 things are just the ones that are bugging me, quite alot. Also the motive.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
I want to belive that Pekoyama is not the killer, but it's kinda hard with the amount of evidence against her. Although I don't see what would be the motive for her to carry out a murder.

This trial is going to be interesting, that's for certain.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
It's looking to be Peko as the killer. The motive just escapes me, really.
Also, Baby face's objection is quite good.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Poulpe posted:

If we assume Sonia isn't full of nonsense and Peko is actually Kirakira, then it makes sense that she would have killed E-Ko, (I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR KILLING) and also followup killed Mahiru for helping her.

Yep, that could also be one possibility that I wouldn't ignore.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

FighterKnuckles posted:

So, despite the fact that SHSLTranslation, our attempt to make a complete English translation patch for the original Dangan Ronpa, has been cancelled, that doesn't mean we're out of things to share with everyone. So, we went ahead and polished the Chapter 1 trial to completion and recorded the entire thing. If you're interested, you can watch the entire thing by clicking this link right here.

Dangan Ronpa: SHSL Translation: Trial 1

You can see some of the ideas we had for the patch, but overall, we're very happy with the end result. We do have one or two other smaller things from the patch that would be an absolute shame to just let fade into the ether, and we'll be showing those off some other time.

This is quite fantastic.
Now I want to see the official one and compare between them.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

Bisensual posted:

Up until "the culprit must have been covered in wet" I was thinking that it's definitely Sonia. She could have hid in the closet, taken a wetsuit, planted that mask. It doesn't make sense for Peko to plant a KiraKira mask. But it would be too obvious for Sonia to.

It could be Peko as it could have been Sonia. I'd be impressed if there were 3 people hiding in the closet instead of 2. But that is just streching it too far. Specially with Komaeda's question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010
So, the dumbest arguments were the most valid ones in this case?

I don't know what people expected, to be honest. But I have mixed feelings towars Peko being the killer. Maybe the trial will pull a fast one on us? We will see.

• Locked thread