Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah there's a lot of talented people, but that brings its own problems. Everyone there is used to being the top dog in their circles. Bringing them together and out of their comfort zones could cause a power struggle.

Also nurse is most relatable character so far because goddamn do I love the smell of isopropanol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

I can't wait for the inevitable dynamic between Togami and the chef.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

There's nothing I want more than a cuddly homicidal mascot character.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

A farm without a cow is like a Japan representative who isn't Japanese

This with the ant murdering tendencies makes me a little suspicious about our classical dancer.

Also just as a little crackpot theory I think Nagito is Naegi. I think he's been on the island a lot longer than everyone else. That's why he's so calm about everything, and his hair's been bleached by the sun. idk why he's a foot and a half taller though

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Jeek posted:

It's kind of disappointing that Junko doesn't really have pink hair. :v:

can I just ask where this "Junko has pink hair" thing came from? I've heard it all throughout the last thread even though all her sprites and concept arts are blatantly blonde.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

just a little thing I've been thinking about. One of the reasons some people are skeptical about Nagito and Togami being their DR1 counterparts is that they don't recognise Monobear. If you take that to it's illogical conclusion, people that do recognise Monobear are returning characters. And the only one who does recognise Monobear is Monomi. Could her controller be one of the surviving students from DR1?

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

YES. This opening is absolutely beautiful after the dating sim one.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

you'd think with how clumsy anime girls are they'd start wearing pants at some point

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

gotta give props to the surviving cast

Nagito and Togami

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

orenronen posted:

I spent time watching Togami consume a not very light amount of fast food.
this is far and beyond the funniest thing in this thread. idk if it's the DR writers, or oren and Fedule translating, but these fat jokes have been on the ball.

berryjon posted:

Something occurred to me after reading the last update.

Togami in this game has a certain visual similarity with the Japanese representation of Colonel Sanders of the KFC franchise. Despite the obvious connection to food, Does anyone else get the vibe that this may be more than an unintentional reference?

Yeah, I'd say it's more than intentional. Japan loves the Colonel. Seriously, do a Google image search.

also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

she's actually Syo and each stitch is another victim.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Jeez Nagito didn't you learn anything from Kirigiri last game? Don't investigate with preconceived notions in mind, let your conclusions form from the evidence. I'm starting to doubt he's actually Naegi at all. But idk maybe he's just shook up from his best bud dying.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

She speaks grunge.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

I bet the bathroom was never locked at all, there's a just a trick to opening it that only Nagito knows about.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

You guys sure are freaking out about menstruation for no reason, huh? I think it's a pretty valid theory, especially with Nagito's comment after Peko left.

quote:

Um... It would be rude for me to say anything. I have to think about Pekoyama-san's feelings...

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Slow boiling imo. Hanamura always looked a little froggy to me.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

tiistai posted:

Sketching random stuff. This one is relevant here and it didn't turn out terrible, so yeah.

perfectly captures her blank, gaping stare.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

tiistai posted:

I'll take a break from spamming the thread with fanart now

Oh no you won't

please

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

And I swear he made a statement that the murder counts towards whoever did the physical act, regardless of who planned it or who forced it upon whoever.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Well, light novels are supposed to be aimed at like middle schoolers, right? I feel like a lot of complaints about its inanity are stemming from that. I think it's written so blandly because it's supposed to be "easy" reading.

or maybe it's so bland because the twist is that Naegi is the author.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

I feel like this got lost in the waves of speculation. This is amazing.

Also, I really hope that Nagito isn't the culprit in this trial. The cast's future reactions to him would be way more interesting than just killing him off here and now.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Krinkle posted:

None of the chopsticks are marked, the red mark is a thing on your finger that you attach to the last chopstick, no matter which chopstick is the last chopstick. The holder can guarantee he will be the one with the chopstick marked red no matter what.

Alternatively, SHSL Good Luck.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

But think of all of the two to three situations where a Nagito smiley could be useful.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

TheDavies posted:

It goes a bit further than that, I think. Consider what would have happened had Mikan not spoken up and the vote had taken place right then. They'd have named him as the culprit ... and been wrong. And you know what happens then, right? That was the outcome he seems to have been pursuing.

I feel like it's less of a killing everyone else and more of a "shucks, my first suicide plan didn't pan out, how else can I kill myself?" kind of thing.

A lot of people in the thread are comparing him to Syo, but with his extreme self-deprecation thing I think Fukawa is more appropriate.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

DanBDanielson posted:

So we assume. It's not like it would be the first time in the series that someone we thought was female turned out to be male, although I doubt that's the case. Just playing devil's advocate here.
If Mukuro turned out to be a man he'd be using male pronouns instead of gender neutral ones.

she's obviously an android.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

That is very cute and a little bit morbid

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Any chance of seeing those interviews later in the thread? The creator interview and early character designs were really interesting last thread.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

I believe the symbol on Hinata's eyes is just a reference to his pokeball ancestry.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Suzuki Method posted:

Mikan's favourite thing is toilets. Thinking people enjoy shots is the least hosed up thing about this crazy person.

Nah, Mikan just understands. I wouldn't want to live in a world without toilets.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe it's just a situation where the parents hate their children so they give a set of twins the same name. There was a set of fraternal twins in my high school named Dominick and Dominique, so it happens.

This is more disturbing than every executon we've seen so far.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Voted for Mikan and Saionjii, but really I'd be happy with anything. I think it's great that literally every character is initeresting this time around.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

I drew a quick Chiaki.

http://i.imgur.com/9PabdKw.jpg

Completely irrelevant to the case, but hey.

I wouldn't say it's that irrelevant, now we know what Nidai's been up to. He's clearly been giving mad leg workouts to Chiaki.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Was Koizumi's body moved? I know the blood goes against it, but I can't wrap my head around how she can be clubbed in the back of the head, die instantly, and end up slumped against the wall like that.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

I believe it serves to implicate zombie Leon in the crime.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Gundam doesn't look pissed, he looks absolutely perplexed at the size of his chicken mcnugget.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm assuming the lack of Nidai is purely because you don't have somebody built enough to do it.

That or geta are hard to find.

If anime fans cared about matching body types on their cosplays then I'm sure there would be a lot more Togamis.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

V!ntar posted:

So, when are we gonna get more of DR Zero? I actually liked it

Probably a few days after the next cliffhanger.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

As much as I want the Kirakira pogo-sword thing to be a fake out, do we have any loose ends other than Kuzuryuu acting fishy? Like is there any evidence we haven't used or contradictions with the current deductions?

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Facetious Jim posted:

It's better than the whole hired hitman thing. Can you think of a better reason for why Kuzuryuu would want to cover for her?

Also this is anime, Love and feelings are always shoehorned in somewhere, and if it was not obvious from the last two updates this game has just gone Full Anime™.

you mean anime fans always shoehorn them in somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Although, it does make me wonder who's behind Monobear right now, especially if we assume this is indeed after DR1. Junko sure looked crushed, and at any rate I've no idea how you'd write her a second time around without being completely boring - but Monobear doesn't seem to have altered his personality any, aside from being perhaps a bit more overtly malicious from the beginning.

I'm not sure if Monobear even needs someone to be behind him anymore. That's how I interpreted the post-credits scene of DR1 anyway.

• Locked thread