Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!

thevoiceofdog posted:

Let's keep things rolling.

So Sherlock Holmes resolved to thwart Zoda-X's heist at the museum, but had no problem with Mike Jones, Time-Traveling Teen, taking the same Tetrad. Welp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

dis astranagant: Thanks for going back and catching that in-game text. I've never seen or played Ecco, so I appreciate getting the gist of what little tutorial is on offer. Hitting things does damage, and you have a limited oxygen supply... any other essential mechanics I'm missing?

Crigit posted:

He did subtitles using youtube annotations. You must have had them turned off.

Also, dis: Why are your annotations placed all the hell over the screen, instead of bottom-center like every movie subtitle ever?

I'm enjoying all these Contra exhibitions. I'm sure I played a bunch of them (badly) but every time I see a new level, it looks familiar but I'm sure I never got past it, then you guys get to the next level and those look familiar too. Weird layers of deja-vu.

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

frozentreasure posted:

Got distracted by things no one cares about; anyway, here's some more Pid.

02 - The Attic (Normal Mode)

01 - The Castle Caves (Hard Mode)

I picked up Pid via Indie Royale based on your first video, and beat Normal mode over the course of a few sessions. You were right - it absolutely belongs in the Hard Games Thread, and the difficulty ramps up madly in later stages. Floaty controls and unreliable enemy AI didn't help matters much. I'd say that my eventual playthrough was more the result of persistence and luck than tactics and skill. Which made the whole experience sort of unsatisfying, though I enjoyed the music and art direction throughout.

Really looking forward to how you handle Hard mode... and how Hard mode handles you.

• Locked thread