Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Still funny how the BBL commentators are all better than this lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gilchrist and Ponting own.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The worst thing about Brayshaw is how much he fellates the other commentators.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Still funny how the BBL commentators are all better than this lot.

You think this but actually Fleming is the worst commentator of them all.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

RideTheSpiral posted:

At least him being there leads to constant bowlology jokes. The BBL commentary shtick wouldn't work for cricket games anyone gives a toss about but for the piss in the wind that is BBL it's goddamn perfect.

England bonus point here will decide the final, glad it won't be Aus v Ind.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

gently caress off m8, junior is poo poo

pointing + gilly with a side of flintoff

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
India have the worst bowling attack out of the major sides. It's godawful.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
I don't really know why Dhoni chose to bat first both games. Their bowling can't defend 300, never mind 150. India is a really good chasing side.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
It's Mark Taylor who is grating me the most of anyone at the moment. He just doesn't shut the gently caress up and sounds like a giddy school boy over everything. That Clarke-like upward inflection at the end of his sentences. Just shut the gently caress up for awhile, Tubby, he's just relentless.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thepokey posted:

It's Mark Taylor who is grating me the most of anyone at the moment. He just doesn't shut the gently caress up and sounds like a giddy school boy over everything. That Clarke-like upward inflection at the end of his sentences. Just shut the gently caress up for awhile, Tubby, he's just relentless.

Also I can't be certain but I think he is saying Josh Buttler.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm starting to think the India, Australia, England "top 4" mini-league idea has a lot of merit.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Only England could make chasing 30 runs, with 9 wickets in hand, take 10 overs.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
India are loving dire.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
What a memorable match.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

thepokey posted:

The sad thing is he was quite good when he first started commentating. Nice and calm with good analysis. Now he does that weird shouting/growling whenever something other than a dot ball happens.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

-Spiffy- posted:

India are loving dire.

With all the practice they have at ODIs, you would think that they would be OK at them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The bonus point rules confuse me. Did England get one?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should have. Make total in 80% of your opponents overs.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

The bonus point rules confuse me. Did England get one?

yes.

The team that achieves a run rate of 1.25 times that of the opposition shall be awarded one bonus point. A team's run rate will be calculated by reference to the runs scored in an innings divided by the number of overs faced.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Wait, has England getting a bonus point today already decided the final of this series? lol if so

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Shmoses posted:

Wait, has England getting a bonus point today already decided the final of this series? lol if so

No, each team still plays twice more. India can get to 10 points possibly.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Three bad teams.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Shmoses posted:

I think India needs to win all of their upcoming games and have the Aus-Eng result fall their way. I guess Cricket Australia isn't getting as much money as they were hoping for as I imagine a few Indian TVs are getting turned off at this point.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Well well well, looks like England own.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Finn took 5 wickets and kicked over the stumps. A true all rounder.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Airstream Driver posted:

yes.

The team that achieves a run rate of 1.25 times that of the opposition shall be awarded one bonus point. A team's run rate will be calculated by reference to the runs scored in an innings divided by the number of overs faced.

So if you bowl someone out in 20 overs you still have to beat their score in like 15 to get the point?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

So if you bowl someone out in 20 overs you still have to beat their score in like 15 to get the point?

I believe so. I think the purpose is to make the run chase more interesting no matter what happened in the first innings. I could be wrong though.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
But if you batted for 50 overs yet bowled them out in 20 you get a bowling bonus point?

I feel that system is a bit harsh on whoever bowls first.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Airstream Driver posted:

The sad thing is he was quite good when he first started commentating. Nice and calm with good analysis. Now he does that weird shouting/growling whenever something other than a dot ball happens.

I'm pretty sure they are instructed to act like a pack of clowns at the executive level. Like for example I'm sure "pizza chat" was planned

Warne is much better on sky, Taylor and Healy have gone from reasonable analysis to a pair of howling yobs, Slater was always like a coked up kid but he's about a thousand times worse.

Obviously Brayshaw was added because nine thinks his homoerotic humourless banter is a ratings winner.

Chappell is still a grumpy dickhead but I respect the man for obviously sticking to his commentary guns and not joining the jabbering idiocy.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Airstream Driver posted:

I believe so. I think the purpose is to make the run chase more interesting no matter what happened in the first innings. I could be wrong though.

No if the team batting first is bowled out, their effective run rate is runs/50 regardless of how many overs they played

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Anarkii posted:

No if the team batting first is bowled out, their effective run rate is runs/50 regardless of how many overs they played

Ok, I was just going by the rules on the cricinfo site. They didn't mention that part.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I'm pretty sure they are instructed to act like a pack of clowns at the executive level. Like for example I'm sure "pizza chat" was planned

Warne is much better on sky, Taylor and Healy have gone from reasonable analysis to a pair of howling yobs, Slater was always like a coked up kid but he's about a thousand times worse.

Obviously Brayshaw was added because nine thinks his homoerotic humourless banter is a ratings winner.

Chappell is still a grumpy dickhead but I respect the man for obviously sticking to his commentary guns and not joining the jabbering idiocy.

It absolutely comes from executive level. Brad McNamara is the head of cricket coverage at Nine, and if you've heard his inane "commentary" on the ODD comp you'll understand why the international stuff is the way it is. He is pure rubbish.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I created a new thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695818

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Holy poo poo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You traitor.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I feel sick.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
That's just not cricket

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
I think the new thread is just for India England and Australians, and once every 3 years they let other teams post there for a 2-post series.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
So do we still post here or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
This thread has the best op

• Locked thread