Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onion Knight posted:

I think you can find the grossest food by looking at what the oldest, hardest dudes eat, around here that's

Beondegi, or, silkworm pupae boiled in water and soy sauce.

They're in Korean bars in the same way you find peanuts or pretzels at American bars. They're not... bad, really. They just taste like stale tortillas, or like really lovely canned peas. You eat them because they're there and you're pretty drunk, but I've never seen anyone go out of their way to eat them unless they were super old and super hard.

I dunno, one of my sisters liked eating them back when she was in elementary school, though I doubt she could bring herself to eat them now.

And they're not sold just in bars, even some street vendors sell them. I recall the smell being very distinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Desperado Bones posted:

Mom made something similar, but it has something we call "carne polaca" (Polish meat) with mayo and cream cheese. It was...weird.

Here, I found a blog with unflattering photos:

I didn't think I could ever find paella unappetizing. I was wrong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zanael posted:

Just saw this excellent Sweet Sundae Ramen recipe, it looks ultra tasty :

No lie, my first thought was to think it was a Korean Sundae Ramen dish, which I've had and found to be great.

Then I enlarged that image and a part of me died inside.

Otana posted:

I never found real cheese in Japan, it was plastic slices, cream cheese in triangles or pre-shredded for pizza (and that was in Hokkaido, the home of Japan's dairy industry). It made me sad. :(

Might be an Asian thing. Koreans also love their cream cheese for some reason. Almost any bread in a Korea bakery with the word "cheese" in its name actually has cream cheese. I mean, there are some rare cases where I like cream cheese, but for the most part I could do without it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that jizz.

No seriously that is legit my favorite part of fish egg soup. I don't care for the eggs (well, I actually like them too), just gimme the sweet sweet fish jizz (NOT ACTUALLY SWEET).

• Locked thread