Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Fecha posted:

And so Toriko and company set sail on their epic journey through the Grand Line.

In an octopus' anus, in the shade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

pandaK posted:

Excuse me, but they entered the octopus's mouth. Octopi do not have a multipurpose eating+poop chute.

Counterpoint: "a-nus" has two syllables, "mouth" only has one.

I guess I could have gone with "gullet".

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

pnumoman posted:

As I understood it they are going to use the watermelon octopus as a mobile camp. It would eventually be detected by stronger monsters, yes, but remember the "scent marking". Toriko and co are supposed to emit an aura that deters strong beasts from entering areas they already went through. So presumably the watermelon octopus will be a mobile camp that follows the scent trail, so it will be doubly protected, and therefore appropriate deep in the Gourmet World. As long as it doesn't get ahead of Toriko and Co, it should be fine.

As long as they embark with Tent x 99 they should be fine, they just gotta grind around the gourmet newb areas until they level up a few times

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Was I the only one whose first reaction to the dapper frog was what the capture level of that tea he was sipping?

Man I am pumped for this, I for one welcome Toriko 2.0

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Don't think of him as 'eaten', just think of him as switching to a career as professional hair extensions.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Liar posted:

Flies the size of cities swarming around his butt.

And on those flies are literally cities filled with countless treasure troves of rare ingredients with triple digit capture levels.

And cool frogs sippin' delicious rare teas.

This series. :allears:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No Toriko this week?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Crawfish posted:

Nope. Last page of the last chapter said as much. Food Man Harem adventures returns next week.

Totally missed that on the last page, thanks!

unprofessional posted:

In the meantime, read Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. It's the only shounen as ridiculous and fun as Toriko.

I will scope this the gently caress out.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh man the character designs are just rote.
I want more big buff punchy people (all genders please).

Oh. Oh yeah.

This will tide me over. :buddy:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Alopex posted:

He ate a fruit and got stretchy arms, that's not so far-fetched. It's nice to see him alive and in one piece, at least.

I, too, would like to see Toriko in One Piece.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Some other highlights I liked:

Sunny can move a lot faster using his hair now (I like how that is the least exciting thing).

Coco can make a fully functioning frog-car copy made out of poison, at will.

Melk made a knife that can literally cut the air, but thankfully not the breathable part.

Komatsu is about to outperform the best Nitro chefs by 50 percent.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rudoku posted:

To be fair, that's because they're impatient fucks. It'd only be 20% otherwise.

True, that.

Oh, almost forgot a development!

No one has ever gotten close enough to the Horse King to check if it was a lady Horse King. :3:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Shugojin posted:

Nah, we knew Horse King Heracles gave birth and needed the fully ripe Air Fruit to do it, and as such hasn't done so since the Nitro learned an impatient way to prepare the fruit before it falls.

Those dicks. :mad:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
That's a lot of air.

Not spoilering because I am pretty sure it was a given there would be air and in copious amounts.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Don't they have those magic regenerating potions? It regrew half a brain with no noticeable problems, a heart should be a snap.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ArchDemon posted:

That was actually everything I possibly hoped it could be.

Yes. It was over-due. We needed a chapter of the bad guys getting their asses handed to them.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Fabricated posted:

Mangastream's translation seems really bad now compared to whomever does the other one I see a lot.

Also: Toriko: The Game (sorta; not nearly over the top enough)

Nice.

I like that your guess last week was pretty much correct, just wrong about what precious object got stolen from the party.

And now Toriko has motherfuckin' Subspace, more commonly known for its embiggening mushrooms and plant coins.

And.... FLOATING HEARTS :stonk:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

DizzyBum posted:

PAIR is apparently a talking soup so I'm not sure where to start with speculation. v:v:v

Serious Frolicking posted:

PAIR is the monkey king's nuts. The blue nitro want to cut them off, but the true way of cooking the ingredient is just to suck on them.

Ah, of course, the legendary "Soup Two Nuts"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No new chapter this week? I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Within each of the Monkey King's perfectly symmetrical nostrils, among the hair and mucus, all in themselves high quality ingredients from years of the Monkey King smelling all sorts of good food, is a perfectly round, glistening 'Jewel Booger'.

To capture their perfect savoriness, both Jewel Boogers must be picked from the nose at exactly the same time, using a complicated set of movements. There can be no errors.

It must then be prepared by a chef who possesses no heart, a chef who is perfectly objective in his judgement, neither favoring nor neglecting the perpetration of either Jewel Booger, which melt together to form a soup broth like no other.

Toriko is the only manga where I can type up poo poo like that and walk away even hungrier.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

A Meat posted:

You know how you had to remove all of the air out of AIR? Guess what you have to remove from PAIR.

P?

:stonk:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Nahxela posted:

Toriko is going to find God Piece and become the Food King and give everybody food.

So began the tale of the Fist of the Food Bro.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Serious Frolicking posted:

Ha ha, screw conservation! Perpetual gorging is the only way to deal with nature.

Zebra made it a point to wipe out species that were threatening humans and wiping out other species. That's conservation as far as I am concerned.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gonna be an interesting chapter next week.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Im surprised that Bambina wasnt huge as skyscrapers.

Lots of concentrated flavor must be in his balls.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
... oh poo poo.

Maybe it really WAS the last Toriko.

Now the manga is about Sunny and a version of Tommyrod formed out of Sunny's hair, riding around in Den-shark and solving mysteries.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Thunderbro posted:

Yeah, seriously. Last chapter's ending was such an insane, cheap rear end pull of tension that it honestly feels like a jumping the shark moment. Like it's cool Bambina is such a goofy dude that's cool in its own context, but they really could have done without the EVERYBODY DIED INFINITE DESPAIR AAAAACCCEEEEEE moment if it was going to be dropped the very next chapter.

It's almost if the manga was playing a game with us.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Shugojin posted:

Stomach is all you need in Torikoverse.

Stomach and the WILL TO FEED IT!! :black101:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ottumon posted:

Chapter 305

in which the power of Enbu is revealed to be really dumb. The little Torikos are great, though.

So the secret to getting the monkey king's testicles is juggling balls around am I reading that correctly?

This manga.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I wonder if evolved gourmet cells are still viable for a time, since Sunny made a point of retrieving Toriko's arm earlier.

It'd be a lot more pressing about his arm except we saw him regrow most of his head and brain back with no real lasting repercussions other than making him really loving hungry.

Also, is Nitro-bro male or female? It doesn't really matter but I thought a translation said she was a girl-Nitro. (Asking for a friend)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Plus factor in that, somehow, the planet has grown to the point that the surface we know today is a very small square surrounded by the Gourmet World. Toriko's Earth is fuckin' huge.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

frajaq posted:

I really hope the gang manages to be friends with Bambina by the end of this

Well with Ladytro and Ike-Ike we are averaging one new bro a King, so chances are good! Plus they left the horse-king as friends, more or less.

Broriko.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I think the most amazing thing in this chapter is that Nono-chan has a power beyond standing in the background and existing.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Punc posted:

Bambina needs to join the muscle harem :colbert:

Chances are good at least a piece of him will be joining them by arc's end :v:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Holy loving poo poo, Toriko hits another peak.

That's all I can express right now. I just... wow.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Pawl posted:

If Zebra wasn't already the best character before, he certainly is now.

I wish he was more introspective. He's already basically the party's spellcaster by virtue of being really loud, it'd be nice if he had some utility spells.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

sharktamer posted:

I just love how all this bullshit is played completely straight.

And to a long time reader, absolutely makes complete sense.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rei_ posted:

Is it hosed up that this is the only manga going right now where I get to the end and desperately want the next chapter to be out immediately

No that is pretty natural. You should also get hungry, too.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Maybe sunny will spit him out. :shrug:

You are what you eat, after all. Maybe Sunny will discover part of Tommyrod still exists, and can summon him as a hair familiar.

And then it goes hair-rouge, and there's just a whole chapter of Sunny and his hair punching each other in the face. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm just imagining Tommyrod bursting out of Sunny's hair during battle like some kind of freakish Stand and it's the best thing

Close. Tommyrod would then vomit up bugs also made of hair, and THEN it is officially The Best Thing.

• Locked thread