Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

There is no disc art. It's just a dark blue with the episodes on them and some text. It's completely underwhelming that my 30 year old Lunar Sega Cd disc has more going on.

The last time anything had good disc art was back in those days tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Obama2 posted:

I watched this last week and it was honestly awful and anyone who relates to Shinji is mentally ill and should seek serious psychiatric help immediately

Agreed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Julias posted:

Obama2 isn't even a FYAD regular, they rejected him. He's just some fail rear end racist troll, likely a re-reg.

Also I wish people would stop talking about FYAD posters like a nefarious monolith. Yeah a bunch of them trolled the v-tuber thread, but they're not like some nazi cult. Everyone has their own opinions and places they hang out and chat, and at the end of the day we are all just people posting to have fun. When it comes to people trolling, you have to learn to not feed trolls, and just report them instead.

Fyad posters are cool 🤝

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

EDIT
https://forum.evageeks.org/post/491550/Why-does-NGE-have-so-many-references-to-the-Bible/#491550

This is like the quote of "I just threw in the Christian symbolism 'cuz it's cool" but then the fans were like "it is too precise and meaningful to be random" and I'm left scratching my head about what exactly he was thinking when he did anything.

Real or not that’s such a funny thing to say. It’s just so awesome

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

pentyne posted:

Is this explained later in Rebuild or is this some LN novella/audio drama level background reveal.

Its like not really explained at all lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They left all that stuff open for a potential spinoff series i thought

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

GOAT

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Alright what poo poo do I need to watch to appreciate this when it comes out?

got you familia

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

I've been aware of this series since it hit the states on vhs, but have never watched it through. I remember renting the first tape and saw the first episode, but never kept up after that. I was in high school at the time, and I remember a lot of people were really into it and that sort of drove me away from it (it also seemed really edgy and dark and I was just enjoying my standard shonen phase still).

After a while I just kept putting it off for various reasons, but I think it's finally time to see what all the fuss is about. I've added it to my "to watch" list for this year, probably start with the series and go into the movies from there.

Oh hell yes!

Definitely start with the series first, you can skip the first movie which would be: EVANGELION: DEATH (TRUE)² since it is just a recap of the series with some extra insight.

Then go with The End of Evangelion after the series. Once you're done with that you're free to go into the 4 rebuild films!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Midjack posted:

This may be the first time in recorded history the evageeks wiki helped anyone.

Evageeks > fandom

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Are the Shin Ultraman and Kamen Rider movies worth watching?

I saw Shin Kamen Rider last night. I think they are both worth watching, but both are basically condensed tv show episodes into a movie (if that makes sense). They're not as focused as Shin Godzilla (or the Shin Evangelion movies for that matter), but they were fun throwbacks.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
GKids finally has 3.0+1.0 UHD Bluray and regular Bluray for preorder:

https://store.gkids.com/collections/evangelion

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hilario Baldness posted:

Is GKids reputable that you're aware of?

Yeah I have their ultimate Evangelion bluray collection and it’s great

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vandar posted:

I finally got around to watching the final Rebuild movie.

Hm.

I'm curious, what's the general opinion on it around here?

Loved it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

GKids finally has 3.0+1.0 UHD Bluray and regular Bluray for preorder:

https://store.gkids.com/collections/evangelion

Just got an email that my order has shipped! Excited to watch this movie again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Seeing my absolute #1 favorite movie of all time in the theater just hit so loving different. The big screen, the audio levels being so high, the mixing, the credits at the middle being such a great built in intermission and of course the cold blooded ending and the lights turning on. Everyone was just stunned and quiet. I've watched this movie so many times and this is the hardest its ever hit me. What a masterpiece.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DEAR RICHARD posted:

saw the end of eva on sunday, and my first reaction was to look over at my girlfriend & call her a loving monster because she was planning on having me go in blind. i'm happy she had a change of heart, and actually rewatched the series with me beforehand.

i'm honestly surprised, and lowkey pissed off, at the fact that i had somehow missed out on this series. the only drawback to seeing the movie on the big screen was watching it with other people.

worth it. So happy you saw the whole series and welcome to the evangelion journey. Time for the rebuilds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mavric posted:

I wasn't really the biggest fan of Eva but after recently watching the Rebuilds I just happen to see that EoE was in theaters. I went and saw it high as hell on edibles and it was just an amazing loving experience in the theater, so naturally I went and did it again a week later.

The one part that really has been ringing in my head was the very end with Yui and Fuyutsuki by the lake. So does Yui, with her professor's support basically hijack whatever Seele's plan is in order to become an immortal floating in space for all eternity? Does Gendo know about this, and I guess his subsequent plan is just him trying to get back to her, drat anyone else? Does he then die at the end instead of becoming the great link with everyone else? Yui scolds him before he gets bit in half for being a dick to Shinji, but she also kinda abandons him for her own plan it seems.

Yeah gendo didn’t know, and yeah he is not a part of instrumentality at all. Him getting half his body eaten by unit 01 / yui was his punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Everyone that worked at NERV and SEELE should have been jailed