Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If you guys still suspect that we're being searched because Ogkindel is black, then I'll suggest once again that we should just stand back and let Danal lead the caravan through the next checkpoint. You know, something we should have tried before sending the medicine off to the inn, where we'll never see them again because the merchant will snatch them on the way out of Baital.

Partially related note: How tall is Danal now? He was like 7'3 or so when he got back from his Manhood Trial, and it's been several months near on to a year since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

If you guys still suspect that we're being searched because Ogkindel is black, then I'll suggest once again that we should just stand back and let Danal lead the caravan through the next checkpoint. You know, something we should have tried before sending the medicine off to the inn, where we'll never see them again because the merchant will snatch them on the way out of Baital.

Partially related note: How tall is Danal now? He was like 7'3 or so when he got back from his Manhood Trial, and it's been several months near on to a year since then.

Everyone just needs to vote B. Vote B, damnit.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B

....I'm at a loss as to what to vote for the other thing. Splitting everything up would help us figure this out, but it will disrupt our pilgrimage and make everyone traveling with us unhappy at being separated. Plus if one of the groups that isn't our group gets into trouble we won't be there to help them. :(

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

hollylolly posted:

B

....I'm at a loss as to what to vote for the other thing. Splitting everything up would help us figure this out, but it will disrupt our pilgrimage and make everyone traveling with us unhappy at being separated. Plus if one of the groups that isn't our group gets into trouble we won't be there to help them. :(
The seven-fold separation would probably only last one day. We'd just use it to ferret out what is the cause for delays: rather than searching the entire caravan, we could just search the seventh(s) that is/are stopped.

If we're the only ones stopped, it's because we're black, so we can come up with something clever to counteract that. But a one-day separation of the caravan seems to me to be the smartest way to figure this problem out for good.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1. B

2. I first, then F, bring Jobe along.

Welcome to america I mean Baitel! We don't take too kindly to yur kind round these parts

I bet you that it's the Presences of our Balls.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I don't know who first suggested it, but maybe we're a Weird Baby like our own kid.

...and I just realized don't remember the name of Enkidel's son. Whoops.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

A Terrible Person posted:

I don't know who first suggested it, but maybe we're a Weird Baby like our own kid.

Asahel

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

How could you forget Li'l Asahel's name?

rip Asahel bro 4ever in our hearts

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You are a terrible parent!

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
1. B

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
We seriously named our kid after the guy who didn't want us to talk to others about him after we forced him to sacrifice himself?

Wow.

I bet I voted for it, too, but... that's awesome. I honestly thought it was partially disguised like Ashahel or Asazel or something.

We are amazingly trustworthy.

VVVVV That works. And it is clever.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 18, 2014

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
We thought it was exceedingly clever, seeing as Asahel also means created by EL. Wordplay! :nerds:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
K is for kick the poo poo out of a guard. Not literally. But make it clear that we aren't going to stand for this poo poo.

Next time we get searched, we wait until they're done, overpower the five or six of them, and have them walk with us the rest of the way to Baitel to let people know we're clean.

Edit: Also our point from vote:E last time that our unmighty Balls mysteriously have a presence.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Volmarias posted:

We're being searched because we're black, aren't we?

... Aren't we? :(

No, it's definitely what was being discussed previously. The guards are picking up on the weird presences from our group, particularly our non-blooded balls. Its why they aren't searching us, or our Mighty Balls. We're obviously blooded, we're supposed to feel that way, there's nothing suspicious about us. Our obviously non-blooded Balls though? Whatever they're sensing is obviously something that doesn't set up flags with blooded people, only the non-blooded, so they're not bothering to check us, as it must be something else.

Also, Diogenes, does the 8-foot guy in the middle look any different each time? Just utter paranoia here, but this isn't some sort of magic test is it? It really does seem unusual that they'd have this many super-blooded guys hanging around, just to man guard posts a month out of town. And it's the same every time? Weakly-presenced tower, ballista, eight foot, twelve fingered guard in the middle of a group, etc? :tinfoil:

Anyway. Can't believe we sent the medicines back without even doing the test with Snarls and Paebal once. There was no drawback to having them go around and test it before doing that. It was even stated that Paebel would have to travel cross-country and avoid the guard-towers going back, so the excuse that it'd be risky sending him around gets no traction there. What's done is done though, hopefully we won't need healing potions in Baitel. Suppose it might help to not carry them into the city anyway.

1. A.
2. E+F.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
1. A. We don't need the bloody things in Baitel anyways, if we're dropping them off let's keep them dropped off. I don't see there's much percentage in keeping the things on hand.

2. E+I. Right. Let's get this sorted. I see no reason not to check the Temple of El to see if we can't narrow down what this is all about - even if it turns out that Zybourne Clock's theory is actually true and it's the presence of our Balls throwing the guards off, with some discussion with the priests we could get some sort of confirmation that we're good to go which could speed us through the checkpoints.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-A
2-F

Just because the guards aren't pinging the medicine doesn't mean it wouldn't get us into trouble in Baitel, Holiest City on Earth where even a hint of non-kosher goods will likely be seen as open heresy, better safe than sorry. F seems like a foregone conclusion, we're literally on a mission from God :cool:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B. Get the meds. Meds are edible and we Are HUNGRY
H. Screw the monk. :colbert: Bonus points if we make our caravan of pilgrims into a caravan of cannibalistic bandits here to destroy El's domain in the name of Asherah Ogshera

Slaan fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 18, 2014

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Slaan posted:

B. Get the meds. Meds are edible and we Are HUNGRY
H. Screw the monk. :colbert: Bonus points if we make our caravan of pilgrims into a caravan of cannibalistic bandits here to destroy El's domain in the name of Asherah Ogshera

This.

Also, let's let Dave be the leader at the next checkpoint.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

Tomn posted:

1. A. We don't need the bloody things in Baitel anyways, if we're dropping them off let's keep them dropped off. I don't see there's much percentage in keeping the things on hand.

2. E+I. Right. Let's get this sorted. I see no reason not to check the Temple of El to see if we can't narrow down what this is all about - even if it turns out that Zybourne Clock's theory is actually true and it's the presence of our Balls throwing the guards off, with some discussion with the priests we could get some sort of confirmation that we're good to go which could speed us through the checkpoints.

+1 vote to this

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. A
2. E

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Theglavwen posted:

No, it's definitely what was being discussed previously. The guards are picking up on the weird presences from our group, particularly our non-blooded balls. Its why they aren't searching us, or our Mighty Balls. We're obviously blooded, we're supposed to feel that way, there's nothing suspicious about us. Our obviously non-blooded Balls though? Whatever they're sensing is obviously something that doesn't set up flags with blooded people, only the non-blooded, so they're not bothering to check us, as it must be something else.

Also, Diogenes, does the 8-foot guy in the middle look any different each time? Just utter paranoia here, but this isn't some sort of magic test is it? It really does seem unusual that they'd have this many super-blooded guys hanging around, just to man guard posts a month out of town. And it's the same every time? Weakly-presenced tower, ballista, eight foot, twelve fingered guard in the middle of a group, etc? :tinfoil:

I like this. We have not actually moved over the last month or so. There is really only one tower. If you feel weird to them and they can't figure it out it casts a glamour that makes you walk 8 hours in a circle until you arrive back at the same tower.

:tinfoil: Since it clearly has something to do with Bloodedness and presence we just need to start extracting the blood from different members of the pilgrimage until we figure it out.

Did I understand correctly that the ballista is only brought out when they suspect trouble? If so, how far off are they feeling us? Or since the very first tower not being able to figure it out, has it now become a competition among the Tower Guard to be the first to figure it out? The Towers have a presence and can probably communicate with one another or something.

Seriously, this is really important information. I am just not certain how to go about figuring out what it is. There is the risk that it is in fact an amazingly hidden object (Indor) and we don't really want to find it since doing so probably means forfeiting all our goods even if we cooperate.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A. I don't like that we parted with our medicine and fear that it might be lost forever if Paebel reaches Avram's friend, but I do not want to enter yet another infinite loop like the one where we went from deciding to cut off our deal with Indor to re-establishing said deal two hours later.

2EIF.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
1. A

2. K Ask the next guard to stamp his seal on a clay tablet saying that our caravan has already been searched. Keep collecting those. Eventually a guard will say "gently caress it" and let us pass. Invent passports.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

2. Well, have you opened it to see what was inside?
N. No, I did not open it.
O. Yes, I opened it.

I'm going to take the hint that the reason that this seemingly random little vote came up just prior to us getting hassled is because they are related. Tudiya's package is the contraband.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Tomn posted:

+1

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Diogines, can we verify from landmarks that we're actually moving closer to Baitel?

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

We seriously named our kid after the guy who didn't want us to talk to others about him after we forced him to sacrifice himself?

Wow.

I bet I voted for it, too, but... that's awesome. I honestly thought it was partially disguised like Ashahel or Asazel or something.

We are amazingly trustworthy.

We were the only person who knew his real name was Asahel. Everyone else knows him as Billy since that's the name we gave him.

Remember he told us he was a slave from Ibleam? We didn't want to give him away so we called him Billy.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Plan LLSix per Mike Gallego, Plan Ralith if LLSix fails

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Theglavwen posted:

I wasn't onboard with the whole "guards sense our Balls" theory until you explained it like this - with the potions theory, it seemed they knew there was an odd presence but couldn't pinpoint it due to Mt. Har. However, it was the opposite. They can pinpoint to a degree all the presences of our group - and are only focusing on those who shouldn't have presences at all, but do, our non-Mighty Balls.

If the Temple of El can't give us a clean bill of holiness, we should just be blunt with the next guard - we know he can sense presences, we get that our unblooded companions appear to have presences they shouldn't, but we are men of Zepa and have done much work in the name of El - they're merely sensing what years of monster slaying can do for your presence.

Maybe us pointing out from the get go what the problem is will prove to the guard he can trust us. "Look I have a metal plate in my head its going to set off the metal detector, just so you're aware."

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

We're not moving in circles, there's an internal compass in our head that would tell us if we were lost.

Absum
May 28, 2013

I don't think we should mention anything about us detecting presences, I get the impression our senses in hat regard are different from theirs?

Apart from that the theory is looking quite plausible, but hopefully getting inspected by the local Shrine will give us permission to move along without any more controls.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Algid posted:

We're not moving in circles, there's an internal compass in our head that would tell us if we were lost.

That and the giant glowing pillar of El

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Prase to be El's massive phallus.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Theglavwen posted:

You are not stuck in a loop. The men are different, though wearing the same uniform and of similar build. The countryside changes, Mount Har gets closer each day.

Someone else posted an observation about what this meant. That Baitel has enough Blooded men to station 30sh really Blooded guys just on one road of possibly several?

You are approaching the most important place in the world, the center of art, culture, politics, power and very literally the center of civilization, a massive city so large it takes a month to walk through the farmland feed it. See that mountain ahead which is so large it may pierce the atmosphere, whose top you can't see? You cant see the top but even trying to consider the dimensions involved makes you feel a little dizzy. You are looking at the place where the creator of the universe lives. God is ontop of that mountain.

They have the resources and Blooded men to do this.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

They have the resources and racist cracka Blooded men to do this.

Fixed that for you. :arghfist::mad:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Ok, for question 2-
Plan LLSix per Mike Gallego

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Tomn posted:

Jumping on the Tomn train

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

Perhaps I should have asked this before voting, but if one/some of the pilgrims were smugglers, would there be a difference in consequences between the village El folks finding something vs. the guards catching us riding dirty?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1.A and 2.I Search our Mighty Men's packs as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. B
2. E F

I don't trust Avram's smuggler buddy with the meds.

I'm guessing the unblooded people with presences are causing the inspections. Not much Og can do to help that, maybe the priests will help.