Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's talking about blowing up HELPeR.

Huh, I stand corrected. Iíve never gotten to see that special since they donít put it on streaming for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Huh, I stand corrected. Iíve never gotten to see that special since they donít put it on streaming for whatever reason.

I think, strangely enough, that it is on CBS all access, but I do not see it on hulu. I can't recall if they include it as a part of the 24/7 marathon on adult swim's website or not. I have it because I bought it through itunes forever ago.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Itís definitely included in the marathon. I always seem to hit that episode or State Dinner when I turn it on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

Nap Ghost

If anyone doesn't know what we're talking about re: the marathon, here you go - https://www.adultswim.com/streams/the-venture-bros

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I can't even watch that being in the UK, so cruel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised

I think the joke might be that every single person on 21's suspect list actually did contribute to killing 24; the whole episode is a wild clusterfuck but IIRC, the Monarch and Sheila had captured Helper and planned to send him back with a time bomb inside him, and he'd ended up put in the Monarchmobile, which 21 and 24 had decided to take for a joyride. Brock decides to quit the OSI and goes 'Monarch, I'm taking your fricking car." hence why he's walking over to it as 24 is stuck inside with HeLPER and the bomb because his seat belt's stuck. Boom, both HeLPER and 24's heads go flying, the former getting lodged in Brock's chest.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I just love the concept the Cocoon has an off shift Henchmen bar complete with bar tender who still must wear the uniform with the wings.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

I just love the concept the Cocoon has an off shift Henchmen bar complete with bar tender who still must wear the uniform with the wings.

And that iirc both The Monarch and Dr.G have been refused service there.

Also, heads-up if you're not aware yet-- You can stream the whole series (plus a bunch of other AS stuff) in the UK using the C4 app!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

theflyingexecutive posted:

It’s definitely included in the marathon. I always seem to hit that episode or State Dinner when I turn it on.

The total runtime of The Venture Brothers + some padding for quick commercials seems to be pretty close to a multiple of 8 so the whole show advances VERY slowly if you tend to tune in at the same time every day. You'll see like the same three episodes for a few weeks until time drift very slowly gets you to the next three.

Keltar
Sep 9, 2011

Nephthys posted:

There was a pretty strong theory that movie night was caused by Manstrong. He survived the incident because he was too young to watch the movie, which also means he could have been the one to open the doors. He faints whenever faced with something sexual, so the theory was that he wandered into the room Jonas and Vendata were in and found the sex tape left by Vendata. This causes him to black out and accidentally cause the incident by falling on the lever. He then blocks the incident from his memory out of guilt which in turn worsens his sex-phobia.

Yup and it makes the most sense while explaining everything beautifully.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Nephthys posted:

There was a pretty strong theory that movie night was caused by Manstrong. He survived the incident because he was too young to watch the movie, which also means he could have been the one to open the doors. He faints whenever faced with something sexual, so the theory was that he wandered into the room Jonas and Vendata were in and found the sex tape left by Vendata. This causes him to black out and accidentally cause the incident by falling on the lever. He then blocks the incident from his memory out of guilt which in turn worsens his sex-phobia.

And Vendata is obviously Phantom Spaceman.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Red Death is Phantom Spaceman

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Images you can hear

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Pillbug

I hate that he looks like pence. I canít unsee it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?

But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I can't even watch that being in the UK, so cruel.

If you pay your license fee (and I don't blame you if you don't) you can watch the whole series on the All 4 app at the moment. I don't know how much longer that'll continue, though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

LashLightning posted:

If you pay your license fee (and I don't blame you if you don't) you can watch the whole series on the All 4 app at the moment. I don't know how much longer that'll continue, though.

Tempting but I know when I get around to it I might be too late.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

The epilogue of Gargantua 2 being a youtube thing and not in the episode itself always baffled me. It sets up the premise of the next 2 seasons, kind of important you'd think.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

zer0spunk posted:

The epilogue of Gargantua 2 being a youtube thing and not in the episode itself always baffled me. It sets up the premise of the next 2 seasons, kind of important you'd think.

I had no idea that even existed til your post. But all that stuff was established in Gargantua 2/the first episode of season 6 so itís not like I felt lost without it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I had no idea that even existed til your post. But all that stuff was established in Gargantua 2/the first episode of season 6 so itís not like I felt lost without it.

neither did i, how'd that happen.

crash test dummies.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not as bad as making Gargantua-2 a DVD extra instead of part of the episode listing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Toilet Rascal

If you've only watched it on TV, or hell pirated it as seasons, or even streamed it sometimes, you don't know the movies exist.

Which is a much bigger what the gently caress when they are missing.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

I never saw the pilot until a recent watch through. I'm still expecting them to bring back the characters from that in the finale or something.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Toilet Rascal

zer0spunk posted:

I never saw the pilot until a recent watch through. I'm still expecting them to bring back the characters from that in the finale or something.

Pilot is non-canon unfortunately. At least the commentary makes it heavily sound that way whenever they bring it up and how different it is.

At least one of the voices returned as the French Batman Lover. "I only like the batman because he has the best villains!" I love that line

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pixaal posted:

Pilot is non-canon unfortunately. At least the commentary makes it heavily sound that way whenever they bring it up and how different it is.

But they refer to it all the dang time. Angry Brooding Early Brock comes from there and the Monarch and the Henchmen costumes turn up any time they have to do something from the past.

For instance, RUSSIAN GUYOVICH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm just going to hope that somehow 2020 will make a small positive mark by getting this produced on another place because otherwise this year truly has been a complete write off of awful.