Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Upon rewatching it, the stars and garters guy seems to be the jock that throws the can, so that's an extra layer of hosed-up-ness to that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

It wasn't "level six", it was "a number six". Some sort of guild villain plan that comes with henchmen. I'm guessing Monarch was an 8 or a 9 in the old days, if there is some sort of ceremony for becoming level 10.

"On the books, you're a six, but if I had to reassess... four?" I don't understand how this is even an argument, because it's flat out said in season 6.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

pixaal posted:

I'm pressed to think of a character who doesn't have a banger line delivery. Maybe Moltov? He line reads are always so flat, which I know is the point but it makes it hard to have a killer delivery.

Serpentine! Serpentine! If I was the enemy you'd be dead already!

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

He's the kid Hatred pounces on in the flashback where they're testing his reactions to the super soldier serum.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

YAR A BUM ROCK!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j0mvu6-NSM

Yep, their one good scene.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Das Boo posted:

Might be because it's my favorite episode, but the Groovy Gang was loving great.

I didn't catch it for a long time, but in Venture Libre, Sonny and Ted are the 'steins that work for Venturestein.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it helps that the really stupid ones are just all the funnier for it.

Good ol' Shuttlecock.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

That was absolutely amazing. if we never get anything else from the venture bros, it will be ok because that was a great send off.

I thought it would be bad for the Monarch if he and Rusty were brothers. But to find out after all these years that he IS Rusty Venture. Holy poo poo.

Related: The movie title not being gibberish and actually being relevant, lmao

Edit: Holy hell it never ceases to amaze me just how every reveal about Jonas makes him even worse of a human being.

Novasol fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 21, 2023

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

There was one plot point introduced in the movie itself that I wish had been addressed: the whole VenTech being bankrupt thing. Just a single line or two of Rusty acknowledging that he invented a consumer-scale anti-gravity device that took less than $1k to produce. gently caress HelperPods, he's going to take his anti-gravity money and retire to Spanikos on a pile of money now. Though I guess it's similar to the teleporter thing - if it were that world-changing, it's not like the OSI would just let him have it.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

You're a bum, Rock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

"Like Patty Smythe before me, I am a warrior" was a joke that flew right over my head until I heard the song one day on the radio, which made it even funnier because god drat, Gary.