Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I was just rewatching season six and I noticed this in ep 7: (spoilers for episode 1 I guess?)

https://i.imgur.com/1puikCu.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

glam rock hamhock posted:

Watching these again and Rocco is the secret standout star of these episodes

He really is.

Welp, hope Rocco doesn't die!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

LostRook posted:

It's also fun that we now know Monarch's full name is Malcolm Fitzgerald.

Fitzcarraldo or Fitzcarrald

One is a Werner Herzog movie based on the Peruvian rubber baron Carlos Fitzcarrald who forced workers to dismantle and carry a ship over a mountain in Peru. I don't know if that's a reference, I just got it off wikpedia.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Alan_Shore posted:

It's interesting to me that even the original Team Venture thought Jonas had gone too far and seemed to know deep down he was a huge rear end in a top hat. But they still stuck with him.

I hope it really is just the beginning, they have to bring him back. He's fantastic.

I feel like he has dirt on all of them at this point.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Fighting Trousers posted:

Though why exactly was Stars and Garters serenading him at the hospital?

They're co-workers, he took over Think Tank's philosophy class.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Rand Brittain posted:

JJ definitely didn’t want an arch.

Yeah, JJ didn't sign up for arching. Probably you just get assigned an arch if you're prominent/important in some way.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It took me a minute to get it, just because he was in his hero outfit.

It's extremely funny to me that Dean is desperately trying to get away from super science hero villian junk by moving away to college, but he's still surrounded by it constantly. You can never run away, Dean!!!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

X_Toad posted:

Maybe he is the magnet, not super-science! Man, that would be depressing.

He could only get away if he changes his name and moves to loving Nunavut, but then I garuntee you he'd run into some snow-themed supervillain or someone trying to steal the north Pole or whatever

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Man, what ever happened to Torrid? We haven't seen him since he sent Outrider to hell, huh?

Is the Triad going to get a new arch?? Start wildly speculating now!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
As far as I can remember, the last we saw him he did a spell on Outrider and teleported away. But I might be wrong.

It occurred to me that Torrid might be arching Outrider. Orpheus really can't win when it comes to that guy.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I also don't think they need to be really clear about what makes a six vs a seven or something, since the levels are only important in that Monarch still can't arch Doc until he works his way up.

Was there a promo or teaser for the next episode? I swear I saw a hint of it when I was watching TV, but I had to chase after a puppy so I didn't actually see anything.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

MizPiz posted:

Posting without comment

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-the-pool-battle/

Except this comment: It's strange but welcoming to see Dr. Mrs. The Monarch in something other than a fetish outfit

:allears: gosh she's looking sharp in that suit, though!

loving hell this is going to be a good episode. Shore Leave, Watch & Ward, loving EVERYONE. All in the Venture compound ruins.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Shindragon posted:

All over one stupid joke. Where she’s like yeah I’m doing this because MtM mistakes her for a villain the way she was dressed up. The internet really likes to focus on a one note character.

Edit: I’m guilty of this cuz I like Brick Frog. :v:

Everyone likes Brick Frog, don't be ridiculous.

E: oh poo poo episode's up!

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/the-inamorata-consequence/

oh my god return of the guild guy with the plastic dome on his head with tubes coming out of it :o!!!

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 31, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm so pleased we got to see Dermott and he's doing really well :allears: AND the clone thing. AND the pee pee!!!

Also liked seeing Rusty be genuinely good?? at something??

tarlibone posted:

I'm sorry, but Private Second Class?

Is that not a correct thing? I don't know dip about military poo poo, but that's an actual rank that exists, right?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Ok, I thought about the clone thing a lil more and why I think the Rusty/JJ thing got hosed up; Jonas just didn't care enough to do it the RIGHT WAY.

Whereas Rusty wanted to really, really show up that old son of a bitch so he made sure his kid-clones were PERFECT....ish. The first time anyway? I think?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

IUG posted:

So the Venture Wiki has very little about The Peril Partnership. We've only seen one member of that group so far apparently.

My guess is the Guild's been seen as being week since they had a huge coup, then a vigilante started picking off their villains, etc, so they're making a bid for a takeover of the Guild or at least trying to figure out what the Guild is doing to undermine them in some way, so they can be the top dogs in villainy.

I'm actually pretty excited since they've always hinted at these other villain organizations but nothing's come of it until now.

Consummate Professional posted:

On my next date I definitely am gonna lead with "I have a plastic skull with tubes coming out"

I'm not kidding, I was legit thrilled to see a follow up on those two.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It'll never work out. He had pee pee on his belt!!

E: Watching Operation: PROM again and the Rusty Venture explanations are way funnier bleeped.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It was a werewolf .

I did like the confirmation this episode that a level 5 can be a dude with a high-powered sno cone machine, making me assume a level 1 is just a guy yelling on a street corner.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do think we're going to see Councilwoman Sheila have a blow up before the end of the season (either quitting villainy or staging a violent coup to become the new Sovereign), as she's pretty much the only person (besides Dr. Z) taking the Guild seriously, and all the weight seems to be on her shoulders with no one giving a gently caress or offering to help. Phantom Limb seems to have become the supervillain version of Frasier, and I wouldn't mind him just...going away if he continues to be a useless fop instead of becoming someone threatening again.

I honestly enjoy useless fop Limb way more than when he was being a competent threat. He basically has gotten what he wanted (council seat/running the Guild, debatable how good he is at it) so he has no reason to develop further as a character or be a threat.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Zaphod42 posted:

That episode was drat satisfying. Super fun times, just, like, pure fanservice. Seeing Rusty and Monarch realize who was behind the other and having their proxy battles was just soooo good, and then having them both look down on them, "were we that bad when we started?" just... yes. Good times.

It totally made me think of like...sports dads who keep trying to push their kids to outdo one another. Really appropriate for VB...

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

drrockso20 posted:

They did call it "group therapy", so I could see it being a group simulation(Brisby for example I could see have ended up in there because of the stuff he was doing at Brisbyland, as well as his digging into cloning)

That's what I thought, too. It's just a fake illuminati for rich and powerful ding dongs like Rusty.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Vitamin Boss posted:

A bit disappointed that Red Mantle/Dragoon didn't get to arch Captain Sunshine.

That was Boggles' gig. Really love that their evenings consist of fantasizing about Lady Violet and eating tv dinners, though.

The World Inferno posted:

Mr.Z is such a treasure

That's doctor!! But I love Z. I wish he was my grandpa :allears:

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Cojawfee posted:

"Here's your ponytail which smells like LA Looks."

"I like the wet look"

This definitely seems like a double entendre to make the joke that Gary's ponytail smells as bad as the appearance as LA or that it smells like hair gel. Which do you suppose Sheila meant?

It's a brand of hair product.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Very under-rated gag that I enjoyed very much. And that Novia called him Tim Tom Moppet, not Tim Tom the Moppet.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Thanks for the update, Gary.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

We know Sheila was number 2 for Truckules, as just mentioend a few posts ago, but I forget, were we ever told what her name was when she did?
Lady Au Pair > ??? > Queen Etherea (Ethereia?) > Dr. Girlfriend > Dr. Mrs. the Monarch

I love every single stupid pun name on this show, so yeah, kind of curious.

My assumption is that she was #2 for Truckules first, then tried to go solo as Lady Au Pair and failed, and Limb took her on as #2 after.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
hey related to nothing has this been brought up before;

Copycat on Gargantua 2 as 'world class entertainment'. Is this his first appearance?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
For some reason I always imagined Underland was between Detroit and Windsor, because I'm from that area and it just makes sense :v: Like if Lake St Clair was a country or something.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Brock fights three of Wide Wale's henchmen in the park (I think s6e2), and two of them 'didn't make it' according to Rocco, who survived. I think Rocco's tough but...he's no Sampson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I really loving want to eat some Apple Mummy cereal.