Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Do you still need a computer with iTunes to activate an iPad? Something in my pc just poo poo the bed, probably the graphics card I don’t know, and I have no idea when I’ll get it fixed

Just a WiFi or mobile connection required now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Boy do I have the tablet for you!

Finally, something the surface is useful for!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
The pro hasn’t been updated in over a year so it may be worth holding off to see if anything new comes in March.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

I dunno if I can then like AirPlay from my iPad to my Macbook so I can play it on a larger monitor? I assume this would not support Chromecast for playing on a TV, and no I will not buy an Apple TV

New page and all but if you’re still interested in this functionality, I used to use a program on my MBP called Airserver that lets you mirror/airplay an iPhone or iPad to the MacBook screen. They offer a 30 free trial period also (15 bucks one-off after).