Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Wildcarded to get a front three of Lukaku, Giroud & Sturridge :getin:

Now I just gotta decide which one to captain for All The PointsTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Ramsey and Sturridge brought into the fold, hopefully this doesn't signal the end of their current run of form.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Does added time not count towards minutes played? Nastasic clearly did play 60 minutes today, regardless of what the game is telling me.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Good thing I remembered to put Big Rom as my captain an hour before the game

belgend fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 13, 2014

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

ffs Zabaleta doesn't get the assist for winning that peno?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Modus Trollens posted:

ffs Zabaleta doesn't get the assist for winning that peno?

I'm sure the person that wins a penalty usually gets assist points, hopefully they'll sort it out later.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

peanut- posted:

I'm sure the person that wins a penalty usually gets assist points, hopefully they'll sort it out later.

It was an own goal off Howard, unfortunately. Lol, he got +5 for the penalty save and -2 for the own goal.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Strawman posted:

It was an own goal off Howard, unfortunately. Lol, he got +5 for the penalty save and -2 for the own goal.

Let's just make this perfectly clear, Tim Howard gained 3 points for a shot that went into the goal.

Still, one in the eye for the Aguero-havers.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
This is the week I take loving rvp out of my team. I thought he might get crocked or something, didn't imagine he would simply turn into dogshit.

He will score a hat trick the week after next.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

This new bonus system both confuses and infuriates me. Sakho gets 3 and Suarez gets nada?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vuohiliitto posted:

This new bonus system both confuses and infuriates me. Sakho gets 3 and Suarez gets nada?

I think a correction will be made, as it has Sakho getting points for a clean sheet also.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Winston Reid in the last spot on my bench with 12 points and bonuses still to come? CHEERS.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

couple assists not showing through (i.e. Ozil's) hopefully it gets fixed

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

6 of my players scored 1 point each this week and another 3 scored 2 each. Piss and poo poo.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
First gameweek outside of the first that I've scored above the average. :smith:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Used my wildcard to gut my poo poo and awful team.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Popehoist posted:

Used my wildcard to gut my poo poo and awful team.

No sure about Januzaj. Whilst he had a cracking weekend, it was his only start of the season so far and he's only 18. Would be surprised if he started every week.

That said my team is poo poo so what the gently caress do I know?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Raffles posted:

No sure about Januzaj. Whilst he had a cracking weekend, it was his only start of the season so far and he's only 18. Would be surprised if he started every week.

That said my team is poo poo so what the gently caress do I know?

He's so cheap that it's worth the gamble.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

trem_two posted:

I think a correction will be made, as it has Sakho getting points for a clean sheet also.
If you get a clean sheet then get subbed off before a goal's scored it still counts. It does feel a little odd him getting bonus for being subbed off early though.

With Suarez, he had a bunch of bps taken off for some reason post game, he went from 11 (the highest) to 7. FF community say that he was penalized for being offside and missing chances.

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Popehoist posted:

He's so cheap that it's worth the gamble.

the problem is he's one of those players that you never know is actually going to play, meaning you can't really sit him in your first team. I haven't checked his price but you'd probably be better off getting some norwich bruiser who's definitely in the line up; they generally score more over the season than talented youngsters at big clubs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah but at 4.6 who cares if he doesn't play immediately. Get him as roster filler, then if (and let's face it, considering the seasons Young & co are having, WHEN) he starts getting regular games you'll be right side up on the deal.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah but at 4.6 who cares if he doesn't play immediately. Get him as roster filler, then if (and let's face it, considering the seasons Young & co are having, WHEN) he starts getting regular games you'll be right side up on the deal.

If you want someone cheap who's better than any of united's senior midfielders, then Morrison is only 4.4.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
What strikers are City starting with these days? Aguero and Dzeko?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

God drat it. I forgot about this like a week into it.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Hoops posted:

Aguero and Negredo started the last game but no idea who'll start this weekend.

Captain Suarez this weekend i think, bound to be goals against Newcastle.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Lukaku against Hull seems the other decent shout.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Hoops posted:

Aguero starts most games, but might be rested ahead of a Champions League fixture in Moscow on Wednesday then Chelsea 4 days later. Negredo appears to be a preferred starter to Dzeko (because he's just plain better). As far as I know Jovetic is still fit so he could play as well.

Basically it's a crapshoot, and the competition is so tight between those 4 (well Jovetic hasn't muscled his way in properly yet, but has been injured) that you can get better bang for your fantasy bucks elsewhere.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is O'Brien injured? He's not played like the last six games.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I really like the american style fantasy leagues with drafts and trades and only head to head matches, everyone seems to lose interest in this kind of format by December.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Doesn't help when a 3rd of your lineup gets benched for no reason other than these being Midweek GamesTM :negative:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I didn't even realize there was a midweek GW. Go check my scores and I have 90, more than half of it from (C) Suarez. :getin:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Antti posted:

I didn't even realize there was a midweek GW. Go check my scores and I have 90, more than half of it from (C) Suarez. :getin:

(C) Suarez is looking like a money decision now!

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Smart players will have Suarez (c) at the weekend too IMO

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I have picked Suarez as my captain every game since his first game back, and it's taken my team from the last page of the overall TRP standings to the first page of the standings.

He's pretty good IMO.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

trem_two posted:

I have picked Suarez as my captain every game since his first game back, and it's taken my team from the last page of the overall TRP standings to the first page of the standings.

He's pretty good IMO.

Yeah, same.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Number 8 in the TRP Classic. I want to win it all.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Just been leapfrogged by half the teams in every one of my leagues because I was apparently the only person to not captain Suarez.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Popehoist posted:

1) pick rvp
2) captain rvp
3) do not pick any liverpool players unless you are an expert
4) remember to make sure you captained rvp this week

LoL
But When he comes back, I will snatch rvp at a low price then captain him, suarez, and ramsey whoever has a weaker team lined up to play.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Altran posted:

LoL
But When he comes back, I will snatch rvp at a low price then captain him, suarez, and ramsey whoever has a weaker team lined up to play.

Those rules held steadfast for last season, noone could have predicted The Moyes Effect having such a damaging impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Popehoist posted:

Those rules held steadfast for last season, noone could have predicted The Moyes Effect having such a damaging impact

Moyes might come through, saf didn't do very good in his debut at man u as well. it all depends on the patience of the fans and board.

• Locked thread