Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

stubblyhead posted:

I got a cordless Logitech keyboard a little while ago. It's got a caps lock indicator light, but nothing for numlock. It does light up the indicator on my laptop when I hit it, but seriously how much more expensive would it have been to add one?

The Logitech solar cordless keyboards don't have any indicator lights at all, which is great when I go to use the numpad, only to find out that it was disabled at some point and nothing I just keyed actually got entered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
I was the last employee actively using a company issued Blackberry when our last Exchange upgrade broke our BES server. Instead of fixing the BES server, they upgraded my phone.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

We've been rolling out new Cisco C-series and SX-20 video units for a bit, and recently they've shipped with version 6 on the firmware. This apparently added a neat feature that breaks the address book if you don't have a call manager/gatekeeper on your network, which I'm sure Cisco would be more then happy to sell to us. So far no one has noticed this is broke yet, so I really hope a case I have open with Cisco will answer some questions, because I'm sure stumped.

You can always downgrade the codecs to an older version. You can request a software release key for an older version here.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

Yea, I'm thinking I might have to, depends on how the TAC thing goes.

What exact problem are you having? We support a lot of Cisco SX and C series systems in standalone environments without VCS or CUCM, it would be helpful in case we ever run into a similar problem what to look for.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

This is long and probably uninteresting if you don't deal with video conference.

Basically what happens is the system has trouble dialing other systems when using the central/corporate phone book that is pushed to the systems by TMS. If the number is entered manually, or the entry is local to the system, it goes through. On older systems, they have no issues with the phone book at all.
While all the users connect using the remote and the on-screen UI, I do most of my testing using the webui, and that is where I noticed it breaking first. A site reported they couldn't call when using the remote, but so far it seems either unique to them.
Looking through the logs on the system, it looks like when the machine goes to call an IP, it suddenly can't find a protocol to use and dumps the connection. What it looks like its doing is adding IP: to the front of the address and then failing. If just the IP number is in, works fine. If H323:<ip address> is in, works fine.
Doing more digging, the cisco guy thinks it is related to a bug in TMS in how it pushes out the address. Apparently sites with those fancy rear end touch screens had this problem, and he thinks its related.
So I download to an newer TMS version, which then promptly breaks all the systems address books. TMS uses IIS to serve out the file with the address and call setup info, and now permissions to the folder these are in is all hosed. I somehow got this working 2 years ago, but now I can't remember the magic settings I got to make this work. Since I don't admin windows servers or IIS at all, this has been a real treat. Hopefully I'll figure out why IIS isn't letting anonymous users hit the folders tomorrow, or I'll probably go insane.

We've been adding roughly 5 of these a year to our network, the amount of troubleshooting on these is almost becoming a full time job. I don't think we can keep up not having a central call manger if this keeps up, but we don't have the budget for one, so yippie.

Honestly, it would probably be worth it to budget for a VCS Starter Pack Express, especially if you're putting that many systems in. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11315/ps11337/data_sheet_c78-697075.html

It really starts to make a difference to have a centralized call management tool once you hit a certain number of endpoints. It also simplifies call routing, since you don't have to rely on static IPs, and makes external calling a lot easier.

EDIT: What industry are you in?

n0tqu1tesane fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 3, 2013

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Got to witness this ticket exchange this morning. We get automated ticket updates for certain queues in one of our customer's ticketing system, so everyone on our support distro got to see this. I think the tech handled it decently well, but the attitude of the teacher was a bit mind blowing.

The wireless cards in the computers in question them don't support WPA, to give you an indicator on how old they are.

Teacher posted:

Mrs. XXXX wrote, "Computers on round table keep dropping off internet."

Tech posted:

Computers on center table are too old and out of date to connect to wireless. What do you want to do with them. They seriously need to be replaced with new ones if you want to continue to use that section.

Teacher posted:

That's because they don't even have the updates installed that allows
automatic updates from Windows. If they're like the ones on the green
hall that I worked with, they need at least 72 or more updates from
Windows. If you look in the Control Panel at the settings, those
computers don't have the update that gave them the ability to received
updates. Therefore, all updates needed to be installed manually. But
that wasn't done. So when Windows sent out the update that would
install the ability to automatically update, our computers didn't
receive that ability...for two reasons... 1) No one was regularly
installling the updates manually, and 2) Teachers did not have enough
priviledges to do the installs themselves. The result was computers
that need 72 and more updates now. Of course they aren't running
correctly.

I think we should make sure all our old computers receive those
numermous missing Windows updates, then maybe we could determine which
ones are completely beyond use if we simply installed those updates
first.. I know they're old, but they're what we have, and we need
to get them at least as up to date as possible in order to do the best
with what we have. We have so much unused technology in our "junk"
room. Some of it may truly be shot. But some of it may work fairly
dececently if they had those numerous missing updates.

I am not trying to be hard to get along with, but we are behind in
technology. We can't even pay enough teachers to be here, let alone
purchase all new computers, so I do believe that we, our technology
team, should do everything we can to make the best of what we have so
that our teachers can do their jobs to the best of their ability.

Tech posted:

I'm afraid that's not at all true. Windows updates are not what those particular PC's are needing. When I say they are out of date, I mean technology -wise. You could install all of the updates Windows has and that still wouldn't fix the problem. Those computers are trying to connect to the wireless AP's and because of the old technology that they utilize they are simply not able to. By the way, all teachers logins should have permissions to allow Windows updates.

Teacher posted:

Yes, XXXX, some of what I said is true. I fully recognize that you
have a wealth of technology knowledge that I absolutely do not have.
I can't even begin to imagine the extent of it because it's your job,
not mine. I am a teacher, with some working knowledge of computers.
You are the expert. I am simply a check-point, and I am aware of
that. I serve as a connection between SCHOOL and the SCHOOL SYSTEM Technology
Team. I was appointed as someone the teachers can report their
problems to so you all are not bombarded with verbal requests in the
hallways and to help out by correcting any of those problems I could
without having to send them to you.

I'm simply requesting that we (teachers) work together with the
technology team to optimize the equipment we do have since it can not
be replaced. Granted, giving teachers the ability to install updates
in the future will certainly help. And I am hopeful that once the
teachers understand that ability, it will help resolve some of the
problems. But, as teachers, we have technology requirements and
objectives that we must meet and teach to the students. It's
extremely difficult for us to meet those when we have computers that
are not running as well as they could. Even though teachers can
install automatic updates, teachers have no idea how to find the
necessary updates that are already missing. And most don't know know
how to go into the Control Panel and set it up for Automatic Updates.
We request the help (with our computers) of our technology team. If
your answer is our equipment is too old and outdated for updates to do
any good, and leave them as is, we are left with objectives to teach
and no means by which to teach them . Unfortunately, when teachers
are asked by administration about the use of technology in our
classrooms (or in this specific case, the media center), we don't have
the privilege of responding, "The equipment is outdated, so we
couldn't do it. We need new computers." If we suggest that, we're
told to find a way to do it anyway; we're asked why we haven't put in
a technology repair request. It becomes a viscous cycle for us. As
you know, saying we need new computers is very different from actually
getting new computers.

But, when it comes right down to it, none of this should be about you
or me or Mrs. XXXXX or Mrs. XXXX or Mr. XXXX or me or the SCHOOL
teachers. It's about.the students of SCHOOL. They are the ones losing
out when we, the faculty and staff, fail to find a way to make what we
do have function at its best for them!

We SCHOOL teachers need your help so that we can find a way to get that
done. Without your expertise, our jobs of teaching students about the
use of technology and actual ability to physically utilize technology
is almost impossible. I know you can't turn these "dinosaurs" into
2013 computers...we are only asking that you help us update and
optimize the PCs because they are what we and our students are forced
to work with daily. Those updates would help all the PCs run better
even if they wouldn't provide wireless connection ability. Could we
not connect those PCs to the internet via ethernet cords so we can
update the necessary programs (Adobe Reader, FlashPlayer, etc.) and
install the necessary Windows updates? Rather than trying to set the
"dinosaurs" up wirelessly, we could provide internet access via cable.
I speak as a classroom teacher as well as the chair of the SCHOOL
Technology Committee when I suggest we should find a way to use what
we have to the best of our ability in order to provide our students
the best we can with what we have. And that's all I'm asking. I
certainly hope we can do that.

Thank you,

Tech posted:

Ms. XXXXX, trust me when I say to you that I understand your frustrations. And, believe me when I tell you that there are three other schools in the same, or similar, situation as yours. But, if I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, we are talking about those 4 or 5 PC's in the middle of the library, Right? If that is the case, then there is nowhere to connect those computers up via ethernet cable. That's the reason they were wireless to begin with. Initially, the wireless technology we were utilizing was compatible with those PC's. When we were basically forced to upgrade in order to keep with the ever-changing technology, unfortunately, those PC's got left behind. If I'm not mistaken, those are the only computers in your school experiencing this issue. All of the other PC's are able to utilize the new technology or have a hard-wired connection. I have made the suggestion that your school replace those PC's with 4 or 5 of those new laptops that you received, but I'm not the controlling authority on that, I can only suggest. As far as the automatic updates are concerned, there is nothing that the teachers need to do. I have a server that pushes updates to the computers. If they see the little yellow icon at the bottom indicating updates just click it to accept them, those PC's didn't get updated because they were turned off. With all of the other software updates, adobe etc... they have to be done manually unless you choose to make them automatic. I hope this kind of answers your concerns or makes things a little clearer as to what's going or what needs to happen. Thanks,

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SamDabbers posted:

It's not that there's no money for anything, but that what money there is has already been committed. If you need wireless cards, they have to be specifically added to the budget for next year. This is why a school will be able to spend tens of thousands of dollars to upgrade the campus wireless network, but won't be able to buy $100 worth of wireless cards for old machines once someone realizes, after the new APs have been installed, that the old machines can't connect to them.

E-Rate funds. The infrastructure is upgraded using E-Rate funding from the federal government, but since it has to be spent on very specific infrastructure related items, none of it can actually be used for PCs or other network endpoints.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
One of the customers we support has a VPN set up that doesn't allow split tunnels, and since they've got overlapping networks with us, every time I connect to it from my work VM/thin client, I lose connectivity from my thin client to my virtual desktop. Which means I have to dig out my laptop, connect to vsphere, and disconnect the VPN from the console.

Took a couple times to remember not to do that.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vin BioEthanol posted:

I'm not actually involved in this but a manager here has somehow successfully talked vdi admins into + gotten a change approved for the installation of VOIP software into a vdi environment that call center users 500 miles away use. So that they won't have to have an actual phone on their desk anymore.

poo poo, it may work but it just sounds like a horrible plan to me.

I've had it work decently well on my VDI desktop at work. Of course, I only use it for testing customers phone systems, and I wouldn't dream of using it in a production environment.

I'm also using PCoIP, and not RDP, which handles audio a lot better.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

mllaneza posted:

I've been ordering the wrong phones (7941s)

The Cisco Cius-on-a-stick DX650 comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth.

Not sure why anyone would want to order one of those though...

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

mllaneza posted:

One of my vendors has really lovely hold music. I mean loving terrible. Static is not what I want to hear when I call in for VOIP service. I opened a ticket. Whatever they're running internally only supports 8bit, 8khz, mono .wav files. In 2013.

Then I called in again on a non-hold music issue. "Come Fly With Me" was on a loop. At ten recommendations to pack a small bag, I opened another ticket. So it turns out my VOIP vendor can only ever have lovely, looped hold music. For the duration of the contract.

gently caress you VOIP vendor.

That file format restriction for music-on-hold is pretty common, due to most VOIP systems running G.711 for most of its devices, as well as PRIs, etc, which is an 8 pit, 8khz, mono codec. That way they don't have to dedicate any transcoding resources to MOH.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skipdogg posted:

We use Tandberg equipment. It's stupid expensive but works great. I think we have 75+ units across the world.

So, yeah, shoveling money at Cisco.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gunjin posted:

I like(d) Tandberg, hate the new Cisco units since the buyout.

There's quite a bit that is out now that was late in development or already released by the time the Cisco buyout happened. The C series codecs, and the E20 were all released Pre-Cisco. The EX90/EX60 and the SX20 are really the only hardware releases since buyout.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gunjin posted:

The C series were developed pre cisco? Then I hate Tandberg. Compared to the MXP codecs the C are such a pain in the rear end to work with.

Yeah, it's a pretty big change. The newer software releases are a lot better though. It was like going from a Classic series to an MXP. Worlds of difference.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sonic Dude posted:

You have to use the Cisco MoneyShovel™ 7900. Otherwise the licensing doesn't work right.

That's the Small Business model. For real Enterprise level shoveling you really need to go up to the 7945.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well, yeah, to get an operational configuration on it you're going to need at least a CCNP MSO (MoneyShovel™ Operations), and for full effectiveness you should definitely hire a CCIE MSO to look it over before putting it into production.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CitizenKain posted:

Since the later 5.x and now 6.x updates, I've found that C40s/SX-20s to be a lot better. The C20s are still garbage for some reason, but thankfully most of those are deployed in locations where people don't use them often.
I'm actually running into issues with new Cisco units connecting back to our Tandberg MXP 880s, the calls work, its just they look like butt compared to the new gear talking to each other. Wish the webUI on the Cisco stuff was half as good as it was on the Tandbergs, it was a lot more useful.

The price on equipment though, goddamn. C40 with 12x zoom and multisite was close to 20k.

What software version is the 880 running? Try disabling the h.264 codec on the 880, I know there have been some compatibility issues with the particular version of codec that the MXPs run that can lead to video quality problems.

And yeah, the C20s are junk. Great idea, but the hardware is junk. There's a reason that they released the SX-20 instead of just updating software on the C20s.

CitizenKain posted:

I'm going to continue to bitch about video conference. I was on the road for 5 hours today driving to a site to help them setup a new conference room. Back in Dec when this project was dumped on me, myself and a Project Manager (who was great at that job) started planning the room. I was dragged to a new project, the PM was mysteriously let go and things went downhill. I've been on the road too much to have time for this, and the PM this was assigned too just kinda shrugged his shoulders and let things happen.

So now I had to order some stupidly expensive TA3 cables off of Amazon because now they suddenly don't want to see microphone cords and want them ran through conduit. I could have ordered a single XLR to TA3 extension cable, those are cheap, but cords are now bad. They apparently thought VGA cables carry audio, and no composite cables were ran from the laptop station at the back of the room. Time to find some wireless speakers or hope this laptop can send a bluetooth signal to the front of the room to a soundbar (it probably can't, if it even has bluetooth).

In a previous location, they bought and mounted 2 TVs on opposite walls so people sitting at the table didn't have to turn their precious heads to look at the TV at the front of the room. This had a side affect of making their audio quality poo poo because they had a ceiling mounted mic and now no one was looking at it when they talked.

One of those big Audio Science mics? Yeah, those can be problematic if you don't pay attention to the sound design in the room. Make sure that you have the volume on the TV that's facing into collector on the ceiling mic turned way down or muted. I've seen the audio coming out of a display facing into the ceiling mic cause the codec's audio cancellation kick in and knock the system volume down low enough until it is barely audible.

A few condenser table mics are almost always better for conference rooms though. We usually only use the Audio Science ceiling mics in classrooms, or places where you have an audience facing one direction.

We also use VGA cables with built in audio cables like this one on most of our conferencing installs these days. Simplifies getting audio from the PC quite a bit.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gunjin posted:

Question about the C-40, on the MXPs you could use the remote control to "take the floor", which worked great for how some of our clients conducted their meetings, but gently caress if I can find a way to do the same thing with the C-40s, is there even a way? In a perfect world I'd just talk to the Cisco rep, we've got a few questions that we haven't been able to get answered, but only some middle manager is allowed to talk to them and he can't be bothered to get off his rear end to do anything.

Doesn't look like it's a supported feature if you're using the built-in multisite. https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2233111

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The TC software is basically new software from the ground up. At least they kept the serial/telnet command API the same though.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There are quite a few things you can do with a compromised PBX. You can use it as a relay to make expensive long distance calls. You can use it to take part in a denial of service attack on someone else's phone lines.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ticket priorities as they probably should be.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oops, double post.

n0tqu1tesane fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 26, 2015

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Moey posted:

That's awesome. I'm confused on how some of the LEDs are lit.

If you're already stripping away everything behind the front plate, it's not hard to throw a few LEDs in there for fun.

Hell, you could even rig up an Arduino or something if you wanted a few blinky lights. You could even rig it to do a "boot sequence" with the LEDs when powering on/off via the power supply switches too.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ZoDiAC_ posted:

The dude also bought them for our IP phones, God knows why. Perhaps he did it on a dare to be the worst at IT ever. But yeah any time I need to replace a phone it's a pain in the rear end

I've found you can get rid of the boot over the tab with a reasonably sharp pocket knife while it's plugged into a phone, makes removing the cable a lot easier, and then you never have to worry about the boot again.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hihifellow posted:

Or just yank it down the cable, I've never seen a boot held in place by anything more than friction.

Yeah, we had a ton that the boot was molded into the RJ45, couldn't just yank on them.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

I found a user who doesn't know what an iPhone is. More specifically, said user thinks ALL phones are iPhones. Including desk phones that clearly say "Cisco" on them.

Cisco did own the trademark on iPhone when the first Apple iPhone came out. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone

Of course, Cisco also owned the trademark on IOS before Apple renamed their phone OS to iOS too. http://blogs.cisco.com/news/cisco_and_apple_agreement_on_ios_trademark

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Macaroni posted:

Is there a call forwarding solution that doesn't result in delayed audio on cell phones? We have a giant Cisco phone system, and it works fine in-house but if I have it forward to my cell phone, there's about a 0.15 second delay that makes conversations frustrating. It's been that way every place I've worked that had desk phones. I figured That's Just How It Was Going To Be.

It depends on how the phone system connects to the telco/POTS. If the call forwarding is happening on the same PRI router (IE: Call comes in over PRI, CUCM forwards call out the same PRI, it should be minimal. In this case, I've never really noticed a perceptible delay.

If they're a large company that's doing any kind of tail end hop off, that can introduce delay, since it comes in on one router, travels over the WAN to another router, and then back to POTS. So can using SIP trunks for your incoming/outgoing. Also, the codecs used can introduce delay, g729 can add a good 10ms.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MiniFoo posted:

Closing the banner works in Chrome and FireFox just fine, though why would you go to msn.com in either of those browsers? :laugh:

The fact that both those browsers offer to import settings from IE on first install.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A ticket came in:

A customer is installing PoE lighting in one of their facilities. Wants to know if their current switches can provide enough power.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
More info and pics of the prolific LackRack:

https://wiki.eth0.nl/index.php/LackRack

n0tqu1tesane fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 15, 2016

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

larchesdanrew posted:

I suggested a lav mic, but we can't spend any money on this, so the omnidirectional microphone in a 10x10x15 is what we're using :downs:

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Do you have any documentation or spec sheets on the recommended setup for your system? Does it include anything on sound that you can point to and say "See, this is what the project requires, we don't have that, I can't solve the problem at this stage unless the minimum specs are met" ?

Otherwise just sit behind the fact that they're not willing to pay for upgrades. The system is working. Any improvements are superfluous and will require budgetary expenses.

I know it's Cisco, and you're using Polycom, but Cisco does have a number of telepresence/video conferencing room design guides that include information on acoustics, lighting, and even paint color choice.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/misc/user_guide/video_conferencing_room_primer_ver02.pdf
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/misc/user_guide/video_conferencing_room_acoustics_guidelines_ver01.pdf
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/c07-643449-00_tp_dg.pdf

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Siochain posted:

Trying to puzzle out a "should be easy but the solutions I can find work...except they look like poo poo" one here.

New job, only been here for a month. Our head of security is in the process of rolling out a "Welcome to X" powerpoint presentation for visitors. She also wants the weather, road closures, etc to be on it.
I've found a few options for dynamic weather, but the only free ones seem to suck. You put in a website, and it just splats a part of that site in your power point. It does work, but it looks bad.
There's a paid-for option from PresentationPoint that looks cool, but its $150. I'm using LiveWeb, but its not a great display.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Should I look into using something else? It needs to be editable by a not-very-savvy user. My main concern with powerpoint is that if she wants to update, she'll need to close presentation and re-launch it to grab any updates, which isn't ideal.

This going to display on a monitor/TV in the visitors area?

What you really want isn't powerpoint, but a proper digital signage solution. There are some free ones out there, but I don't really have any experience with them.

We're a reseller for Industry Weapon, which can do everything you want to do, but isn't free.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but at least Siochain had enough information in the initial question for someone to infer what they were trying to do, and asked about other options. It wasn't just "How do I solve my powerpoint problem?", there was other information about the intended application, and a direct question asking if they were going about it the right way.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

oTHi posted:

Do schools in the US have a special arrangement regarding SLAs for education-critical technology or anything you can get them to pay out the nose for?

A lot of public schools get their internet access through the E-Rate program, which has a lot of rules and regulations on the type of services that are covered. Considering the fact that high-poverty school systems can get up to a 90% discount on internet access, there's a bit of leeway for paying for certain services.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I found an "education computer graveyard" yesterday. Yes, that's a washer and dryer, and the floor in that room was definitely damp.

Also, Cisco 3602 APs collect water nicely if the roof above them leaks.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Primary mistake is AT&T being known for being awful as an ISP for businesses. Dilbert wasn't based on them by accident.

AT&T and the Mississippi state department of education are pretty deeply in bed with each other. It can be pretty terrible for the local school systems from what I understand.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

larchesdanrew posted:

$87k came in for computer upgrades. Do they make laptop carts that allow for monitoring of the laptops connected to them?

One of our customers has a bunch of these:

http://www.jar-systems.com/products/jar-remote-management-solution/jar-versatile-tablet-cart-36-sb-6310b

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MJP posted:

My radio station is absolutely addicted to zipties D:

There's a huge bulk bag of them. A 1000-pack bulk bag.

"What if we need to re-run a cable?" I asked.

"You cut them," they replied.

welp

"So, I was cutting this ziptie to add another cable to the bundle, and I nicked this 200 foot long specialty cable and now it needs to be re-run..."

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Whatever you do, do NOT plug your monitor into the ethernet!

But how else am I supposed to power my monitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

neogeo0823 posted:

In truth though, the ear plugs never really worked well for me. They always pop out and shift around and the like.

You probably aren't inserting them correctly if that's happening to you.

https://youtu.be/3S6dthcSVIM

• Locked thread