Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

So what's the optimal build order here, do purchases get more efficient up the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Underwhelmed posted:

That is what that does? I thought it was just there to block my view. Need to buy more grandmas

Some of them also give a flat +cookies. I was so disappointed, I make more in 2 seconds than from clicking that one cookie.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Buying a portal just doubled my CPS. 6,666/second apiece. :stare:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

LibbyM posted:

How do I tell how much milk I have, where does it come from?

It's based on achievements. Scroll down to that section of the stats page to get the percent.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

Why would I buy that? Why would I want to lose a fifth of my cookie production?

I think it stops the negative golden cookie effects that show up after One Mind. If you keep all the Grandma bonuses between those two, maybe it balances out?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

How many elder pledges does it take for the second achievement?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

InsomniacTurtle posted:

Are blood cookies always the gross clot ones that halve production or can they still be flat cookie bonuses?

You can still get flat bonuses, % bonuses, and the cookie chain (the best bonus), with the downside of clots and flat losses. The math turns out that blood cookies are still very good so unless the grandmapocalypse affects any new content (dungeons) it's probably best not to buy the covenant.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Social Media posted:

Is there an optimal point to get One Mind or should I just grab it as soon as I can afford it?

Why would you delay buying an upgrade for your dear old grandma? Don't you love her?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I don't think it's really that worth it, but I mean it's an upgrade to your CPS. Say you have about a thousand non-pointer buildings, at 50 cps apiece, and like a 500% modifier, it's only what, 250k cps? When you're already in the hundreds of millions at that point. I'm not sure exactly how multipliers and upgrades all work together but I don't think it's a game changer.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Oh jeez, I don't know how I forgot about that part. Yeah, it's not a bad upgrade by any means. But still, that's a lot of digits on the price, it's a long savings.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

You should not be able to get 7.4 trillion cookies immediately upon starting the game, that would completely ruin the fun of slowly building. Besides, unless he completely changes that section of code (rather than just put giving of cookies after the check, which is what he'll probably do), the chain wouldn't break until after you got a chain cookie that put you past 1.5*Bank. So all that's necessary for a full chain would be 444.4... billion :colbert:

Aren't chains only from blood cookies, so you won't see them until you've already made billions? I don't remember how much One Mind cost but it's not exactly the start of the game.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Sindai posted:

Ouch, golden cookies got nerfed hard. I only got 1 trillion with 41 trillion banked.

It's a sign from grandma that you should go back to blood cookies

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

door Door door posted:

What does the gradmapocalpyse actually do aside from make the game creepy as hell? Does it have any effect on cps? I haven't been able to find anything. Maybe the flesh took all the answers away.

Well, it's an upgrade path that increases CPS, yes. It also changes gold cookies to blood cookies which are better in some circumstances.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Trap Star posted:

Oh I'm already getting that, and rolling the dice every time. Am I to understand the golden cookies come in chains eventually? Also, I've seen heavenly cookies mentioned, that's just a recipe mixture like +10% cps or whatever, right?

Heavenly chips, not cookies. It's the new game+ mechanic.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Frionnel posted:

Ugh... The 95th Antimatter Condenser is going to cost 2 quadrillion :froggonk:

The 200th will cost just under 5 sextillion cookies, or 5 zettacookies.

The cookies never end. There are always more cookies.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I made cookies with fellow cookie enthusiast and goon Precambrian.

Our cookies are popular in the neighborhood.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Gils posted:

I made cookies with fellow cookie enthusiast and goon Precambrian.

Our cookies are popular in the neighborhood.

achievement unlocked

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

What exactly do angry cthulu grandmas do if unappeased? Anything besides sometimes spawn red cookies?

Just red cookies. The 'awoken,' 'displeased,' and 'angered' description is just the % chance for red cookies (33, 66, and 100%, respectively).

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Nice Davis posted:

How does the EV of Red Cookies compare to the EV of Golden Cookies? I've been holding off on researching One Mind because I don't want to Grandmapocalypse, but are Red Cookies going to give me more cookies on average? And if not, why do people even go for the Grandmapocalypse at all?

If you have Get Lucky and are clicking the gold cookies regularly (or autoclicking) they're much, much better than red cookies since you get can frenzy+lucky combos, which isn't possible with elder frenzy. I don't remember exactly how they stack up without Get Lucky, though. As I recall, they're worse but still a net gain. Someone did the % bonus of clicking every gold/red cookie earlier in the thread, and I want to say that red cookies were something like a 200% compared to gold's 400% and frenzy/lucky was like 2000%?

You start the apocalypse because the grandma boosts and the % bonuses between them, and because the cost of elder pledges is marginal compared to how much you expect to get out of 30-60 minutes of gold cookies. Red cookies are a downside in that they're less efficient than gold cookies, but it's not a real downside like they were in classic cookie clicker.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Esroc posted:

Am I correct in understanding that after going through the One Mind stuff, that the only penalty for not using the Elder Pledge for appeasement is that red cookies pop up instead of gold cookies?

Yes.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

Wait dungeons are live? How do I dungeon?

No, it's still only in the beta.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Merijn posted:

I had a feeling it did that, but the whole thing is one big Flash app so I couldn't check the source.

[edit]
Damnit, do new 100 trillion cookie upgrades just keep appearing after I buy the previous one? The names are getting ridiculous, too.

Empire Biscuits
British Tea Biscuits
Chocolate British Tea Biscuits
Round British Tea Biscuits

The 100 trillion cookies used to be the top tier, so when he went to add more on (all the tea biscuits) they were just set up to unlock sequentially. Then the numbers got bigger and it's now just a little inconvenience that you have to go through all in order and wait for the next to unlock. The last is 'chocolate round tea biscuits with a heart motif' if you're not done yet.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many cookies baked all time is required for 2k heavenly chips?

I have 2054 with 2.1 quintillion forfeited.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Andy Waltfeld posted:

Covenant of course is always awful; never Covenant except for one last cheevo when you get fed up with your run and decide it's time to reset for HCs.

I should at least say that covenant is worthwhile if you're autoclicking gold cookies and idling over long periods of time, since gold cookies are so, so good. But if you're playing the game all manually then yeah covenant is awful.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Could just auto-buy Pledges too, though.

There's a script for that? Well, then, yeah, never buy covenant. Those poor, poor 5% CPS, lost forever

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

ImsaKidd posted:

How do you guys even get the 7 golden cookie achievement? Just watch the screen like a hawk?

On another note, when is it worth it to buy one mind? I read about the grandmapocalypse on the wiki, but i'm still not clear what the drawbacks are.

You can manipulate gold cookies spawns by shrinking the browser way down. They'll only appear on the visible part of the screen. Also, if you install Cookie Monster, it has a timer and some notification stuff. After 7 it's a lot easier since the upgrades all increase the spawn frequency.

I don't think anyone's really compared the total value of red cookies vs gold cookies since chains were buffed, so do it if you feel like it? If it's your first runthrough just go for it all the way to get the achievements.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

washow posted:

When do you start getting these chips and frenzies? I have about 10T total cookies baked and never seen any one of them

Heavenly chips are the prestige system: reset your game and you get a % bonus based on all time cookies baked.

Frenzies are a gold cookie effect. Gold cookies spawn like every 10 minutes by default, and clicking them gives you bonuses. There are upgrades at 7, 27, and 77 clicked that increase their frequency/duration that make them a really significant boost to your cookie production.

Regarding the edit that's not quoted here, it should be linked to a gold cookie appearing somewhere on the screen. Sometimes the timer bugs out when you buy the upgrades but I've never had a false positive from it.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

ChaosSamusX posted:

How the - I've had the thing running for a day and I'm only up to about a billion CpS. How do you do that?

So. Many. Chips.
I, for example, am running a 21,000% modifier at full power. I didn't record the times for milestone cps points, but needless to say they come really fast.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

bef posted:

:hfive: sometimes I think about quiting with my 10 tril cps, but then I realize I can always get more. My goal now is to get 200 of everything, time machines are costing around 13 quint at 183 I believe. I dont even want to think about condensers...

200 condensers is a scary prospect.
It's (base cost)*1.15^(n-1) for any given purchase. So 4 billion base, and to the 199th power...

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

What perfect timing, I just reset earlier tonight. Turns out with 15,000 chips it takes about 3 minutes to hit 1 billion cps.
I hope running it overnight with wrinklers on doesn't turn out to be a terrible idea!

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Eldercain posted:

Isn't 66Qa kind of chump change by the time you have 3.6T unfrenzied cps? I know I don't even bother with cookie chains since I max out at 6 and that's really just not worth the effort.

I wouldn't say that exactly, it's just that everything is chump change when condensers cost quintillions. 66qa is more than lucky/ frenzy, I think, for 5t cps here.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

I'm at 209 chips on four resets. I was wondering if it's ever worth it to buy more than 100 of anything besides Grandmas and Cursors. I idle 90% of the time.

If you run Cookie Monster you can see that technically the cps/cost says yes but practically speaking only condensers actually matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Crovie posted:

But that would leave no hands to click with :confused:

You could just palm the cookies and slam your hands down on the mouse.

• Locked thread