Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Pissflaps posted:

Didn't they already make this game last year?

They did make a very similar game last year pissflaps, but this one is actually newer as shown by the increase in number from 13 to 14. I hope this helps :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder how these games will improve visually with the next generation of video games console appearing on the market.

It's very exciting isn't it, I feel like I'm venturing into the unknown

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Thirteenth Step posted:

Do any UK lads/ladies want to start up Pro Clubs team (AFC Parmo's)? As Finn said it's the best mode in the game by far with a decent group of regulars, but playing with the American lot is unbearable at times because there's like a second lag between pushing any button and your player actually doing what you want.

I'll probably be getting fifa when I get the ps4, are you planning in getting one early or waiting?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Thirteenth Step posted:

Will the PS3 and PS4 versions be able to play together? I think I know the answer to this (no) bit thought I'd make sure.

Fairly sure it's no, you can carry progress over but not play across systems

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Will do next time I'm at my system. If you post in the Parmos thread in Armchair QB someone will probably add you quicker.

Also in regards to the above post, I will be doing the PS4 upgrade, along with lolsonic and Finn if you're interested there will be plenty of opportunities with Parmos, which will be, from what I can gather, only the three of us for a while.

I'll be getting it at launch too :D

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Are there projections out as to how many PS4 consoles will be sold on launch day? I'm curious what the Pro Clubs population is going to look like on the first weekend.

I had early access to 14 on PS3 this year, and by the time the release date arrived, there was a solid amount of teams already. I would imagine it will take a lot longer for the Pro Clubs scene to build up this time. I'm guessing there aren't many people out there spending 460+tax to play Pro Clubs besides a couple Parmos.

However, with a couple high-profile delays, people's options are slightly more limited, so who knows.

I don't know how often you get matched up against Euro players but the console comes out 2 weeks later here

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah, that's another thing I was thinking about, forgot to mention. Oh well, I will probably just end up playing 2v2 seasons with lolsonic if we can't find enough Pro Clubs matches.

It will happen eventually.

Strongly considering NBA 2K14 as well. That trailer looked spicy and the Pacers are actually really good this season.

I'm fairly sure Finn said he is buying at launch as well

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

I loved World Cup 2010, it was better than FIFA 10, at least gameplay-wise.

I wonder if I should buy a Vita so I can Parm whilst taking a dumpski

e: looks like it might be DLC, which would be nice

FIFA 14 is free on smartphones and suits my needs for toilet FIFA

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Tzen posted:

I do wonder what 'League' they'll be attached to.

I think it was said when they were first announced that they would be classed as the same team and league as all other legends, the only possible link with current players will be by nationality

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Taff posted:

Its not trolling if you mean it. The only Fifa videos Ive ever watched on youtube are the ones that show the skill moves, or when one from KSI thats funny gets linked in the thread

I don't think you are Soulex's target market then Taff

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

Tbf it's hard to put a squad of gold players together for much less than that. Even if you buy all non-rare cards you're gonna spend like 6k.

Soulex do a discard price squad of non-rare 300 coin purchases

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

CaptainRightful posted:

I'm honestly not trying to be an rear end in a top hat when I say this, but if you're going to present yourself as some level of expert at a football video game, you should probably spend some time watching the real life players play real life matches. Or at the very least, look up some Youtube highlights and interviews so your pronunciations are in the ballpark.

Most of the FIFA youtubers are terrible with pronounciations and have a really poo poo knowledge of actual football, that is not something that will be holding Soulex back tbh

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Azmodaii posted:

Anyone able to buy fifa points on the ps4? Whenever I try I get an error that says It's not available at the moment...

Sony made a patch to stop people spending their actual money on virtual cards

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Weaponized Cum posted:

Who's up for some head to head on ps4? my id is toxic_holocaust

I will add you later and the probably lose

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Weaponized Cum posted:

do it! I get home at around 7:15 EST and would be down to play a couple matches. I don't have a mic or anything so the abuse will be minimal.

Hmm might have to be at the weekend then, I thought you were UK for some reason! I've sent a friend request anyway

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Taff posted:

Why do you want over powered teams?

If you don't basically only pick the team you support, smh

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

beedeebee posted:

What if the team you support sucks and you have to endure that every week when you watch them play? And when you get home from a long, hard day of working, you just want to maybe score a goal and not have 8 heart attacks because your stupid defenders just stand still and your strikers think they are aiming at a rugby goal.

It's your opportunity to field the team you think your manager should be fielding, a chance to experiment with formations before you post them in code tags in the monthly PL threads

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Reading are shite this year, all the defenders are mega slow and we only have 1 good player in the game

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I like all the game modes of fifa, my favourite is having some buddies round with a few drinks :)

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I played vs a goon earlier (i think it was bhyo?) and won 2-1, good game friend

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

I dont own fifa 14 or a ps4.

It's whoever ElRobak is idk

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

angered paedophile posted:

me you retard, also I was Millwall and my players didn't have connected legs?

Oh lol, you have similar usernames here so I was confused

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Taff posted:

Are you sure the AI is having the issue, and that youve not transfered INSERT_CHOICE_OF_TRP_FIFA_PLAYERS_NAME_HERE onto your team?

Get someone to play defence instead of all playing upfront

He basically only plays pro clubs and rarely with an any/controlled defender and the AI in pro clubs is really bad

It's also boring playing in defence

Andre Le Fuckface fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 17, 2014

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Just wriggle the stick randomly with a 5 star skiller and beat people with random sick moves

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

vaginal culture posted:

Here's a top scoring tip to get easy cheap goals all the time and it still works, if you play with 2 strikers up front. Give the ball to a winger, and if you can trigger the furthest striker to go on a run (so not the one closest to the guy with the ball, the other one, this is the tricky part) and play a long ball diagonal to him from just around the halfway line or close to it, he will run onto the ball with 5-10 yards of space. this bug has been in the game since fifa 05 I think. Practice it up and you can really harvest the pubbie tears.

I did some serious pubbie tear farming last night with Ronald, but he didn't celebrate

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

cb rocks posted:

That sub board bug is hilarious.

Playing last night on 360 with a friend he had a weird bug where in half the matches we played there was no ball visible for him. I could see it fine. Has anyone else come across this?

I still managed to lose 2-0 in one of the games with the missing ball :(

To stop this happening on FIFA 13, you needed to change the default ball and it would be ok then, so maybe try that

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Eboracum posted:

Does anyone else play Seasons? I need to find a team I enjoy playing with. I'm so sick of playing as one of Barca/Real/Bayern and having to play one of the other two.

I'm thinking Liverpool but IDK. Maybe Shakhtar or something.

I'm not sure which one B is unless it's jostle. I don't think I use that at all as I remapped B(circle) to be summon another defender.

The way I defend is to hold L2/LT and try and block off / guess where people are going to try and go and then standing tackle. I think I need to be more patient. I always jump into the tackle as soon as someone gets the ball to try and win it early and start a counter.

Liverpool and Everton are both great teams this year. Galatasary are really good as well

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Also, playing as lower starred teams brings more variation because people then are normally picking the team they support rather than the best team possible

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Eboracum posted:

I definitely need to have a go with some lower starred teams. Atletico are a good shout actually.

I played with Belgium for a while but I wasn't set to "match teams" so I was still playing 5 star European teams like Chelsea.

Is this true? I've got a couple of custom formations that are mainly hybrid 451/433s but recently I've been going back to the stock ones thinking they'd be set up better.

Do people use custom tactics too? Keep things at Default or go Counter Attack or whatever? I can't find a decent tips website anywhere and it's no fun experimenting while getting butt hosed in division 3.

Use some 3.5 star and below teams, you'll much more rarely come up against the same teams then.

I think the game has a range for each star as well, so Chelsea is on the low end of 5 and Belgium will be on the upper end of 4.5

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Filthee Fingas posted:

I'm guessing if I want to do some player shopping, best day to buy Non IFs is on Wednesday's when the TOTW is released?

As long as they aren't in the team of the week, yes. Weekends are good for driving prices down too

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I scored a sick kick off glitch goal once with Ibarbo where the shot was taken on the volley and it went in off post

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Eboracum posted:

Assisted, semi or manual passing/crossing/shooting etc?

Assisted passing, crossing and semi assisted shooting imo

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Eboracum posted:

It's set up to infuriate. They've removed the "Is it lagging? Yes? Okay then I'll leave in the first five mins" rule and the fact that the other player can make you waiti 30 seconds for each loving cut scene is painful.

No other game makes me want to throttle someone.

You can do mutual quit, you each get one per game. Only once has someone agreed with the mutual quit when the game is lagging loads at the start so is still 0-0 :S

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Filthee Fingas posted:

Noticing more and more people doing the stupid kick off lob glitch. Please keep doing this people. I love getting possession after scoring a goal.

I only conceded from this once but now I know how to defend it it's so easy to deal with

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I don't understand why you guys consider it a glitch, it's just a one-two pass from the kick off, it's not any more glitchy than other one-two pass you could play from around the center line. The only thing remotely glitchy about it is the fact that the AI defenders have a terrible decision making code when deciding whether to chase/block a runner or play the offside and that happens pretty consistently for any lobbed ball played from the first two thirds of the pitch towards the attacking third. There are also three different consistent ways to block that move.

It's called a glitch because FIFA youtubers call it a glitch and can't figure out how to stop it

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Holy poo poo, I just got Pogba like 3 days ago. Will they upgrade my player or will they just release a new card?

The regular cards stay the same but if you only got it 3 days ago it should be the upgraded one I think

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

hostile apostle posted:

When is the best time to sell Irish players? Prices are pretty ridiculous right now, will they continue to go up?

They'll keep going up until the St Patricks tournament, non-rare bronze irish were insta-selling for about 500 each on that weekend last year

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I play with Reading but they aren't very good

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Hamsik is my go to Serie A CAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008