Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Humphreys posted:

I'll find some of the payslips.

EDIT: It's how it has been explained to my dumb head, when in the office I'll check it out

I wouldn't be surprised if it was explained that way; tax brackets are surprisingly poorly understood by the general population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
After spending the last three weeks tearing computers apart for an electronics recycler, I have developed a deep and abiding hatred for everyone who worked at HP, Compaq, Gateway, and/or Dell about ten years back.

WHO THE gently caress USES TWO DIFFERENT TORX SIZES IN THE SAME GODDAMNED CASE

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Who the hell uses "facebook" as their password for Adobe?

(Apparently, enough people to make it one of the top 1000.)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SEKCobra posted:

who uses password1 and sets password+1 as their tip?

Apparently enough people to make it one of the top 10

That I can at least understand as being too lazy to care. I just have no clue what would lead someone to go with "facebook".

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nah the deal with that is that Charter wanted to buy out Time Warner but lost the bidding war to Comcast. So as part of Charter agreeing not to cause legal hassles, Charter gets to grab up a good deal of Time Warner and Comcast networks across the country. It'll be an "independent" company (run by charter) for a bit and then Charter will either get to straight absorb it or sell it off to another company to cash in.

The possiblity of going from Comcast to Charter is, in and of itself, more than enough proof that the merger should be shot down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sirotan posted:

As much as I love the ability to record each and every phone call I make to Comcast (that for some reason I'm making instead of doing the sane thing and using their web chat), I'm guessing in two party states, starting your conversation with "this call may be recorded for training purposes my records" will get you hung up on real fast.

Would you even need to say it if they already have, though? Both ends of the conversation are aware at that point that the call is being recorded, and it's hard to argue "but I didn't consent to it being recorded" when you've already said that you're recording the call.