Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

from pictures for sad children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Huh. Funny, John Campbell is the name of the guy who does this comic:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Master Twig posted:

I think I remember seeing this in an older thread, and someone took away all of the words. It made it a lot funnier.

Let's try it!

Much better. Brevity is the soul of wit and all.

To contribute, as John Campbell from "pictures for sad children" got more and more depressed, his comics got more abstract, with less of a point. I think this is some of his best work. Some examples:

And finally, maybe the most important comic on the internet:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Totally absurd dwarves. "It plays to Fukken win!" haha, guaranteed funny my goons.

Thank you for your hilarious comment to balance everything out.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

yoink

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Search the SA main site for "disney goon" and that comedy goldmine is the first one to come up.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Jmcrofts posted:

Do the Drawings of Will Laren count as comics?

Hell yeah.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
It's time for some amateur one-off type comics. Hmm, but what should the theme be...

And one legitimate webcomic:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

N. Senada posted:

Do you smoke pot?

When the mood strikes me.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Can someone post the comic where it's just a normal office setting then eventually they go feral and start loving and build a new civilization in the office itself?

For some reason I don't know how to word that in google, thanks I love you.

:nws: :nws:

Mod edit: thumbnailed for the kind of drawn nudity that would be acceptable in a middle school biology textbook, but nooo, someone had their sensibilities offended and had to report it.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Jan 22, 2014

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Well, looks like pictures for sad children is essentially completely wiped off the map. Both his websites have been deleted, and he's been systematically deleting every work of art he ever did from tumblr. It seems like it's due to severe depression. It sucks, because he's been my favorite webcomic artist for a long time. Anyone know how to access any of his stuff?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Samopsa posted:

just gonna leave this here

Thanks? :shrug:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

MuffinMan posted:

My favorite edit is this one where they play Dota.

Man, now you got me curious, and the only thing I can find is a million different variations on the "You made this?...I made this" comic.

Of course, I don't play Dota, so I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Karate Bastard posted:

Ok you guys, confession time. I have never understood Achewood. Every panel, a two-tone waste. I feel it should be up my alley, but it's never tickled me in the right spot. Except "rap music, my droogs", that's pretty decent. Obviously, I'm the problem here, so how do I go about this?

I dunno. Achewood's awesome but if you don't like it then you don't like it. It is okay to not like things.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

LifeSunDeath posted:

Why not just post the link for the Beartato comic site instead of posting every last one. Also, all the hate for juvenile comedy like space moose means you are missing the brilliance of it's appeal towards youthful emotions and nostalgia. There was nothing wrong with laughing at poop and dicks when you were 12y/o, and nothing wrong with enjoying it now instead of living up your broken wannabe webcomic-elitist rear end all the time.

There were basically two posters saying bad things, and then a whole bunch of people posting and talking about Space Moose in a good light. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I was fine with it being posted because of the (like you mentioned) nostalgia value. Whatever helps your persecution complex though.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
On the same note:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm trying to find that one comic with the reddit puppet where the guy holding it is an MRA in a fedora. Anybody know it?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

hahahaha holy poo poo, i had no idea this was part of a series

this is awesome

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Elblanco posted:

That furry comic is way more unsettling than it should be because in sitting in the hospital while my wife is in labor with our second child.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a teenager saying "No dad, it's NOT a phase", forever

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Turtlicious posted:

Just keep your kid away from old school Disney movies. I'm like 80% sure curries become curries because their first crush was on Nala or something.

I had a little kid crush on Roxanne from A Goofy Movie, and I have yet to ask any girl to dress up in a dog suit.

[insert Morally Inept joke here]

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

:stare:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Hydrolith posted:

Everything's of galactic origin, though.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

Alright dorks, I decided to say "gently caress it" and went through 6 goddamn years of Wonderella archives to pick out the ones I found funniest:

http://imgur.com/a/sfLvt

Enjoy.

This is really cool, and has helped me appreciate the comic. Thank you.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I can't believe no one posted the follow up to this.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Achewood is a good comic. Also, this url I got was lucky as poo poo :psyduck:

http://i.imgur.com/megaget.gif

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

de la peche posted:

Ant Comic appears to be loving rad.

Edit: If that was a book, I'd buy it.

Super Edit: It IS a book! I'm buying it!

Thanks for the tip, just ordered a copy for myself.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Speaking of which, does anyone know what ended up happening to John Campbell (creator of pictures for sad children)? I know he obliterated anything that he created online as much as he was able to, but afterwards he completely dropped off the face of the earth as far as communicating with his fans. Is he still alive? Does anyone know his current condition?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Michaellaneous posted:

Pictures for sad children is afaik still one of the best webcomics, and I am glad I found an archive for it.

Where is this archive

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Most goons hate xkcd because it's openly nerdy and goons must take every opportunity to prove that they aren't nerds that they hate nerds GO AWAY NERDS every goon is a nerd but me

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

little munchkin posted:

Can someone post the Achewood where they are skateboarding and the one guy's dick falls out of his shorts and starts flopping around? Thanks in advance.

Linked for the sensitive:

http://i.imgur.com/JbOaOgX.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
People took ZenPencils art and replaced the text with @dril tweets.

]

(taken from the PoliToons thread)

• Locked thread