Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

I'm late to the CW crossover party cuz of work and I feel like the whole thing just...kinda basically makes no sense?...and the editing is being done from inside a garbage can that is currently on fire falling to the center of the Earth...

...and yet it's all really fun to watch and I wish it would all never end.

I really hope that this current Elseworlds arc just flat-out ends with Supergirl and Flash/Arrow's universe being merged into one once and for all. The current status quo is just incredibly weird because...apparently Oliver knows who Superman is despite Superman being a non-entity on his world? Also Kara knows who Batman is because Batman is friends with Superman on her world, but there's also another Batman on the Flarrow world, but he's currently missing?

...fiery garbage can...falling forever...

Well. They did say that a crisis is coming. Perfect time to do some world merging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Just finished the Umbrella Academy and I really liked it. I went in having never read any of the books so I was not sure what I was getting into. Not sure how the first book ends, but I assume after the s1 ended on Netflix there is definitely a second season? Or that is one hell of a cliff hanger.

Is the DC subscription worth it? I would like to watch the doom patrol but not sure I need to pay for another service.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

site posted:

cant wait for the mcu to totally ignore this plotline when they do their own secret wars arc in 8 years

We have the multiverse now. They can both be true. Colson stayed dead in the MCU, but Fury's small change made the AoS timeline when he brought Colson back.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

site posted:

no i meant the incursions

Same. They can now explain the AoS universe as a divergent one. So they can do incursion now and it can still be done in the MCU as a new thing. Two different realities.

Not saying they will say that. Just that they have that excuse now...or maybe we do as fans.

Same with Netflix shows, Hulu, Gifted, etc.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Wait wait wait, since when do we have the multiverse?

Endgame spoiler.

Endgame showed it has always been here, and even explained how it works

badjohny fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 3, 2019

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Did they cancel Punisher yet?

A while ago.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/charlespulliam/status/1152717205311610880?s=21

That clears up what Superman he will be playing.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

They're going balls to the wall with this. Where's the Tim Daly and Dana Delany announcements?

Looks like he said no

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/24/smallville-alum-michael-rosenbaum-not-playing-lex-luthor-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover/

whoops. looks like you change your post as I quoted you. That was for why Rosenbaum isn't in it.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Uh, my post was from 5 days ago.

Well...we are dealing with shows that deal in time travel. I can only assume you are the flash.

(I think I looked at the person's post above/after you and thought it was yours when I hit quote).

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Runaways s3 trailer from NYCC. Looks decent

https://youtu.be/5ReltA7xtbM

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Is there a CW source confirming Welling is WHTTMOT Clark or is that a fan connection? Because in that story Superman "dies" and Lois ends up with a dude is totally not Clark Kent.

I...think thats wrong? Clark takes gold Kryptonite to remove his powers, then assumes a false name to live out the rest of his life with Lois and their kids. Or maybe I am remembering it wrong.

from the wiki:

Since he has broken his own code never to kill, Superman, in penance, voluntarily enters a chamber containing a sample of gold kryptonite—which permanently strips him of his powers—and disappears into the Arctic wasteland. When the other heroes enter the remains of the Fortress, they find only Perry and Alice White and Lois still alive. Superman's body is never found and it is assumed by all parties that the powerless hero died in the Arctic.

After the interview is over and Crane leaves the Elliot residence, it is indirectly revealed that the mechanic Jordan Elliot (a reference to Superman's father, Jor-El), Lois' husband, is Superman. He is without powers and living as an ordinary man with Lois and their son Jonathan, who is likely named after Jonathan Kent. Lois' words on the Man of Steel's final fate, "I never saw Superman again", is now understood to mean the man who emerged from the gold kryptonite chamber was no longer superhuman.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Some good news for the day. Harley s3. Didn't like the first few episodes, but it was fantastic for 90% of s1 and s2.

https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-se...AD3TixAW3s-cTbw

Also announced was DC Universe was shutting down officially and will now be DC Universe infinite and be a comic only service like Marvel Unlimited.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 18, 2020

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

huh I guess the rumors about FATWS following up on Black Widow were false then? Or maybe they cut out those plot points/characters in reshoots?

at least it’s coming sooner than expected

Sure looks like black widow sitting on the planet she died on looking very alive in that Loki trailer. Maybe that was part of the delay?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Hmm the guess would be Emilia Clarke as Veranke...but Princess Morrat (Teddy's mom) is also possible. Or maybe she's the younger version of Mar-Vell. Anything goes!

Sue Storm.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Everyone is assuming that the variants aren't being killed when they get zapped, but for all we know the other Loki's somehow saved Loki and everyone else who has been zapped is dead dead.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Klungar posted:

Kid Loki and Alligator Loki are still out there somewhere as well.

honestly All Lokis are out there somewhere now. No limit to variation anymore

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Looks like Doom Patrol s3 is up. Fantastic so far.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

maybe they just unlock something in her, and by the end of the show she doesn't need them anymore.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Opopanax posted:

She Hulk made me want to check out Oprhan Black and drat, Maslany is good at acting

Is it available on any streaming service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I know it is old news, but finally got to see The Marvels today on apple movies. The movie was great from start to finish. The strike and the horrible last few trailers that made the movie look like it was something it wasn't did a ton of damage to a very good movie. I only hope this can somehow get us a s2 of Ms Marvel.