Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobb
Sep 20, 2001
So uh, I'm just doing my gathering rounds and I get dc'ed. While trying to reconnect I'm greeted with:

Soooo, I've never botted, tried to circumvent idle time out or automate anything like that, and the only macro I even use is autohotkey for grenade auto attack on my engineer to make it not break my hands.

What is my recourse here? I've been using autohotkey for this one purpose since launch and I'm not the only one, they make it sound like I'm basically poo poo out of luck. Anyone ever have this sort of thing reversed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
The best usage was making a giant glowing siege golem in wvw.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
I didnt want to have to bother someone else with my problems, but since I can't post on their forums myself can someone do me a huge favor?

Need someone to post in this thread and let them know that ticket #362553 for user hobb.4753 has not been replied to in 5 days now.

Anets support is living up to its legendary reputation it seems like.

vv thanks a lot, feel like its starting to look grim with the lack of communication.

hobb fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 22, 2014

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Going to miss this whole event. :(

At this point I'm just hoping I get any sort of reply at all. Is anets support always this slow?

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

Mosthated posted:

I can't believe they haven't contacted you yet (actually i can). It been like two week now right?

I got a reply that it was escalated to a senior account support person on the 16th so 9 days since first contact. I replied to that mail saying if they need any info I didn't include in the initial mail that I can provide it, but its been very quiet.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

shrach posted:

362553 – Under review. These investigations are somewhat backed up and will take a few more days.

:<

GM Nalu posted:

While our investigation points to the fact that your account was involved in a violation, we are going to extend leniency to you on a one-time basis. We have reinstated your account and you may rejoin the game now.

I still don't know what I did, but I presume that combat mode as benign as it is, is now on the no no list. Going to use this as a opportunity to warn people I suppose.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

Captain Backslap posted:

AH macros? Dumb.

Apparently, but I'd been using them in the exact same way since october of 2012 so it was a little jarring for it to suddenly be an issue.

I don't use any of them anymore just to be safe so its not a huge deal.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

kerpow posted:

How were you using them? I've been using one to click every 250ms with toggled by caps lock because of all the bag opening.

I used original combat mode which for all I know just puts a mouselook toggle bound to a key and some remapping features for mouse keys, a script on a GKey of my keyboard that clicked similar to yours for bags/luck/whatever, and a general purpose script that I used for my engineers auto attack with grenades.

There's actually a post in the account issues forum on proper use of macros, and key repeat scripts are high up on their 'don't do it' list for whatever reasons. Gaile Gray is noted in other threads saying that this is an 'unfair advantage' to people who manually click 10,000 items, and that because she managed to do this for some clickhell thing in guild wars 1 that you should feel deeply ashamed for using them.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Someone really likes their copy/paste functions.

The change doesn't really make it much harder if your familiar with the AC troll though, it'll make pubs who aren't used to dodging cry but hes got obvious tells for the big damage moves and you can 'safely' melee him.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
So all this is coming out in April? Right in the middle of the wvw season?

I really like the idea of the trait changes/earning methods as I've been procrastinating making the last character I've not tried (ranger) this might make it more interesting.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Still no queueing into dungeons from outside the map the dungeons in? The only feature I was hoping was a shoe in.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Going to drop this off here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HULQtKPN7E

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Ordon just wanted an excuse to add more failure states to EVERYTHING.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

There's also this rabbit as well. I'm not sure it actually ever moves or has a story to it, but its weird nonetheless.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Well there's this:

quote:

Because the feature pack comes halfway through the month, April’s monthly achievements will be a special case. Until April 15, the PvE and PvP monthly categories will be separate and require only two achievements for completion. After April 15, there will be a single unified set of monthlies and dailies, and monthly completion will again require four total achievements.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

Makes it sound like until the 15th you can do 2 for each, then after when they merge pve/pvp into one monthly its 4/4. If that resets progress or not I don't think anyone knows.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
If only they fixed actual problems as fast as pointless esport farming.

e: though I thought this was a thing a long rear end time ago too, maybe I'm misremembering.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
'Melee Attack Assist' prevents you from passing through the enemies model and its toggled on by default. It's arguably one of the more obnoxious default on options there are as it arbitrarily hampers your movement. You can still hit enemies regardless of where your standing in relation to their hitbox so yeah.

Enemies however don't like you invading their personal space and sometimes will constantly back up if your too close but its not much of an issue.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
SAB music its a sign.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

404notfound posted:

Am I a crazy person? Is there a better way to do this?
Very similar to what I've been using forever and it works well. Mines not perfect but I'm fairly comfortable with it:

I use show/hide weapons to stop auto attacking with a ranged weapon, but sometimes I've just been disabling auto attack in general when I'm not feeling lazy. It tends to work better for wvw if you suddenly have a feedback/wall of reflection/a million years of confusion stacks in your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
They'll never tell you why you were banned for security reasons presumably but as long as what you did wasn't something really bad they'll let you off one time no problem.

Autohotkey got me in the time out corner a few months back with the same permanent ban message and all you can really do is appeal to support.

• Locked thread