Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Sitting down at concerts is retarded!

hurrr durrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

ExplodingSquid posted:

So the 8th of Feb is going to be 20 years to the day that TDS was released... I heard through the grapevine that they are setting up a live stream from NIN.com for the Newcastle (Australia) show that is on the 8th... Looks like we're getting TDS in it's entirety. *NINgasm*

I think they'd probably do this for the sold-out Sydney show over the Newcastle show, simply for equipment and logistics.

Or at least, I hope. I'm shooting the first Sydney show (hopefully).

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

LordPants posted:

Trent was on Australian radio via phone a couple of days ago, short is

Alternating Headliners with the Australian Tour.

Josh's wife's band is opening.

Sick of playing the same setlist, playing new music and changing it every night.

Tails never fails.

I believe it's done via coin toss each night. Can't wait for Thursday's show, then I gotta wait another two weeks for my hometown's show :(

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Just got my photo pass confirmed to shoot the first Australian show. Bucket list = complete.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Wild T posted:

one roadie is evidently paid to hold an orange spotlight eighteen inches from Trent's head at all times, which probably felt great in the summer heat

He's also employed to pick up the poo poo that Trent throws into the photographers pit :science:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well let's hope he doesn't concentrate on putting out an anniversary edition of Awitha Teetha, even if it didn't take away focus from the long-rumored Fragile anniversary release :v:

15th anniversary is just as good as 10th!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

13Pandora13 posted:

I don't know if it was mixing or what but it was way too loud and the balance between vocal volume and guitar was really bad, you couldn't hear anything but too loud guitar. Maybe it will be better tonight, I'll edit tomorrow and update.

That actually sounds like Dillinger to be honest

That problem would probably lie with the lack of a proper soundcheck, and I'm not too sure how DEP would respond to a crowd that's not into them - it's an odd pairing for them to be on the bill with, and I could see their stage activity not entirely working in an arena. They're a fantastic live band on the stages I've seen them on, but they've generally been cramped sweatboxes and an incredibly enthusiastic crowd.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Wild T posted:

Trent Reznor plays a lumberjack with a speech impediment and a middle school education

i've got my axe that chip chop chip chop chip

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

magiccarpet posted:

he just posted a lil instagram note '2016 isn't over yet'

I'm guessing this is the Lost Highway soundtrack vinyl release?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

spamman posted:

It's a meathead tribute double album.

any excuse to post this is the best excuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZMKfFHU3U

e: this is eight years old jesus christ

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

chime_on posted:

I mean, lol at Trent trying to blame any of this poo poo on Firebrand.

If they had given Firebrand the products, Firebrand would have fulfilled the orders.

NIN went ahead and racked up probably hundreds of thousands of dollars back in December, and then have been dragging rear end to get the loving albums manufactured. It does not take 8 loving months to press a 12".

Depending where he's pressing and the plant's backlog, any audio delays could add up to a month or so. If there have been issues that have cropped up on that and art (when most pressing plants handle both) they'd stack up, and plants can't just defer their entire business for stuff ups that aren't their own, and from what Trent says it's been issues with the source files, not bad test presses or anything so yeah, it really easily could add up. Add into that the fact that the people involved to help fix those things aren't necessarily going to be just Trent himself and may have other work on hand, deadlines can slip by real fast.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Sir Lemming posted:

DON'T YOU KNOW I'M AT WORK TRENT :argh:

It's goddamn 1am here how am I meant to play music loud dammit trent

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan) talks about the Broken EP: https://www.revolvermag.com/music/fist-gently caress-enduring-relevance-nine-inch-nails-broken

Which includes this rad onstage video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qboe5CebixA

I remember seeing NIN and Dillinger Escape Plan at that festival at the Brisbane version, and while they didn't team up, it was great. I then travelled down to Sydney to see NIN's headline show, and bumped into them all doing to Sydney Harbour Bridge climb, before seeing Dillinger at an in-store a couple of hours later. Next month I'm flying back down to Sydney to see TDEP on their farewell tour, where they added in a last minute show at a 400 capacity venue when the rest of the farewell tour has been 1500+ cap, which is probably going to destroy me.

I really like Broken, and I really like TDEP, and the fact that this is all coming up on almost being a decade ago is really crushing me dammit

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Minidust posted:

Glad I don't have to :spergin:-rage in here about "album" and "vinyl" being used interchangeably. Or commercials in the early '00s proclaiming "now available on video and DVD."

it's ok, just chill out and enjoy your nine inch nails vinyls

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

hbxli posted:

Um so guys, I did a thing where I made an album of NIN songs mashed up with some of the worst music I could think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwXVEzfIzpo

Hello I want a download please because this is amazing

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I like the video a lot but not so much the song.

I've watched the video a shitload this morning after coming around to it late, mostly on my mobile because it was a great video to watch and watch again. Just chucked it on the computer with a decent soundsystem and holy poo poo, there's a lot more going on than I first heard. Give it another chance on some good speakers.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Bang3r posted:

Makes me laugh seeing american's complaining about expensive concert tickets, $70ish is CHEAP here

GG australia getting hosed on again.

I cannot wait to hear 01. poo poo MIRROR

Yeah, I think tix to the last tour (coheadline with QOTSA) was around about 130ish? Which is still stupidly cheap considering a standalone show by either of those bands is gonna usually cost $100 minimum.

I also remember previously buying tix through NIN.com and just needing ID at the doors - not sure why it isn't "hey, 50% of tickets are available in person only, and 50% are available online through portals we totally control, good luck" but as someone who has slept overnight for festival tickets and other shows in the past, it's not the end of the world. If you've seen NIN five times already, maybe reconcile the fact that the ticket you miss out on will go to some 18 year old kid who's got the spare time to camp out and has never seen them before and is gonna have a rad time :shobon:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
all this discussion is basically as anti-rock show as that guy in the thread who got annoyed at people standing up in the stadium seating during the last tour

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Molestationary Store posted:

Yeah, nin is inexplicably marketed as 'metal' in Europe and perhaps because of that they've gotten a few best metal performance grammy nominations and won two of them, both for songs off of broken interestingly enough - the studio version of wish and then the woodstock '94 performance of happiness in slavery a few years later. Nevermind that the metal marketing is done in the Eu and the grammies are a US thing. :colbert:

Also Starfuckers is a fun song.

The live cut on And All That Could Have Been makes it so much better - removing the stuttering/clipped verse makes it way more bearable. It's basically the first pass at a big studio anthem like The Hand That Feeds and it's fit for purpose :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ik7nSc7w4A

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Donovan Trip posted:

Maybe it's as simple as just not wanting to do a ballad to drugs where he calls them perfect and himself helpless without them

Replace drug with Doug and make it a 2018 lgbt anthem

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
I would take the entirety of Broken over hearing the Fraio/Wretched/Closer trio live ever again

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Minidust posted:

long ago the Meathead Perspective made a joke comparing Somewhat Damaged to the Addams Family theme and I can’t unhear it

motherfuuuuuuuuckerrrrrrrr

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Closed group :(

All these live rarities have the distinct impression of "we're going to take another huge long break after this tour", which hopefully means they'll do another AU tour before doing so.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDQafzU_o8

holy fuuuuck Ilan loving nails this so goddamn well

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 19, 2018

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Best looking and sounding vid so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZm7264b2A

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Anonymous John posted:

If more people actually confronted inconsiderate concertgoers, as well as reached out to the venue staff when appropriate, we'd all have better concert experiences.

YOU MAY ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER OTHER ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS LIKELY WEARING BLACK CLOTHING DURING THE PROCESS AND POTENTIALLY INTERACT WITH THEM. THE EXPERIENCE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE ENJOYABLE*. NINE INCH NAILS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND GOOD TIMES.**

*NOT GUARANTEED
**NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Mierenneuker posted:

It’s got With Teeth on repeat.

You Know What You Are? (A Good Boy)

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Yeah this rules

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
trent gay so what

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Vince MechMahon posted:

He shoulda done the video just so we could get full cowboy Trent.

Thankfully we already have that in the Discipline video iirc

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Avinyl release-aaaaa

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

polyester concept posted:

its very good. the initial disappointment was that it wasn't the fragile 2. lmao that people thought a 6 year wait between albums was a long time back then.

Following TDS/The Fragile back-to-backs and sandwiched between The Fragile and Year Zero isn't going to look kindly on anything, but With Teeth rocks

e: Even Getting Smaller whips, that synth drone before the distortion and guitars kick in after the final verse is so NIN it hurts

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 23, 2019

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Madkal posted:

I said Year Zero, not The Slip.

The Slip is great and a logical follow up to aWitha Teetha, for the alternate universe where NIN became a stadium rock band.

Also no one can talk poo poo on the album that gave us the best official music video of all time https://youtu.be/I1ZMKfFHU3U

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
This was mine: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2009/hordern-pavilion-sydney-australia-13d6d519.html

Being close to the stage at the front and seeing Suck and Dead Souls on the set list physically pained me.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Midjack posted:

I've always liked this one: https://youtu.be/LhL8Sl3dWl8

Holy fuuuuuuuck how have I never heard this

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
I regert to inform everyone that Trent is a narc:

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1142155991321964544

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
also have this crosspost from the mashup artist thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXzFukTUyhk

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

david_a posted:

Is the DX7 supposed to be symbolic or did they actually wreck some on stage or something? There’s a video where Trent is hating on them for being disposable mass market junk and how everyone should have used $8,000 boutique analogue synths instead.

Trent "somethings gonNA geT BROKEEEENNNNN" reznor has a history of breaking keyboards

E: https://youtu.be/o0LXZ1nnpzs

Posting this means that according to the thread cycle we're about due for some pun lyrics

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Trent giving some major Strobe Light vibes in Fashion

beep beep

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

Rageaholic posted:

Trent and Atticus (and Jon Batiste) on the Oscar stage accepting for Soul :swoon:

e: https://twitter.com/ssunspotss/status/1386462610837544963

Ah yes, the obvious successor to the Perfect Drug goatee, the dirtbag stache and five o'clock shadow

E: I tried, I gave up (shaving)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
HEALTH rules and anyone who hasn't listened to Death Magic needs to, right now.