Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Wow its crazy how obviously unrelated it is to Dark/Demon's Souls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Oxxidation posted:

Don't give a gently caress, inject it directly into my veins

Oh no I was being sarcastic and I am super excited for Demon Souls 2 or whatever it is. Whoop whoop give me more

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's clearly not like any other souls game I mean did you see the fog door is slightly different?!? And there's a gun? All bets are out the window!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's almost like it's entirely subjective (7 is terrible)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Popularity is quality.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

fivegears4reverse posted:

I'm not making that argument, but thanks for shitposting.

What argument are you making exactly then? 2 people saying bad things about a game is a circle jerk? Just because you used a lot more words than I didn't doesn't make your post less lovely

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
He's not talking about it's popularity he's talking about his personal view of it's quality. You're the one who is talking about popularity which obviously nobody can dispute raw numbers and nobody was trying to which makes it a completely boring and pointless conversation.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Feenix posted:

Could we at least try to keep the dumb arguments about PS4 stuff? :)

Ok

I sold my watchdogs preorder code and bought Killzone (seriously someone gave me 20 bucks for that code) because I wanted to shoot people online. I have never played a Killzone game other than the vita one. Am I going to be massively disappointed or only a little?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Rinkles posted:

Without saying too much about the beta, I think it's a perfectly serviceable way of me finally digging into Way of the Samurai.

Wait, which beta? I can't keep track of all these betas!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Feenix posted:

Anyone want a Hardline Beta code? You're probably better off playing BF4 or something fun, but it's available to the first to say so...

Yo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xgalaxy posted:

I'm watching this hour long footage on Giantbomb of Destiny and I'm just not feeling this game at all.
I dunno what it is about this game that isn't grabbing me exactly.

Maybe it just plays a lot better than it shows, which is why I'm hoping to get into the alpha so I can see.

Yeah I mean I want to be excited about it because I love the old Halo games (basically everything but 4) and I want to be able to trust Bungie to do good but if its just a different Borderlands I know I'm going to hate it because man those games are just so tedious to me. I haven't really been following it too closely though so maybe theres more to it and I'm just out of the loop. At least they are doing Alphas and Betas and stuff. Not that I'll ever get in any....

echronorian posted:

Am I the only one that absolutely loved dead Island? I've played it since release regularly. But I also like janky games.

When I first played it and it was janky as hell and I could play 4 people CoOp with friends it was fun but terrible. Then they got rid of some of the jank and finding people to co op with got harder and harder and it was just left with terrible.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

NESguerilla posted:

I didn't realize my dad started covering video games for the LA Times.

Incredibly disappointing event. No new Tecmo Bowl announced

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
But I want it now

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

PantsBandit posted:

So if I'm on the east coast and haven't gotten a code yet I'm probably not getting one, yeah?

No. They said they're gonna keep coming until after midnight possibly just be patient.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
If anybody wants to play Destiny (or BFH I GUESS) this weekend I would enjoy that. TJLaser on PSN :)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I never liked Borderlands, and wrote off Destiny as being just like it.

It's rad as gently caress and I'm having a good time.

This is what I wanted to hear I was not excited about Halolands. I can't wait to see for myself tonight.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

It definitely feels like Halo to a degree.

Halo good. Borderlands bad.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

PhilippAchtel posted:

I played 30 minutes of Destiny, and was a bit underwhelmed. I probably just need to get into the multiplayer. Does it dump you into a server with other players if people are online, or do you have to specifically select it?

There's a thread for Destiny so we should probably move all this talk over there eventually but there is more than 1 type of multiplayer. If you're doing missions or exploring other players will just show up in your game.l, you don't have to do anything. You can also do PVP but you have to seek that out from your space ship.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Oxxidation posted:

Do the guns in Destiny actually sound like guns and not like cheap battery-powered toy laser pistols, as they did in Halo? This is literally the most important thing for me.

No not really skip it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That wizard came from the moon is the greatest line reading in the history of our sport and I won't hear otherwise

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
On the earlier discussion of wifi, it took me 18 hours to download Dark Souls 2 on my PS3, I got the Destiny and Hardline betas in like an hour on my ps4.

HeyMrDeadMan posted:

I'm confused. I thought Destiny was supposed to be a multiplayer game? I've put maybe 6 or so hours in and I've never seen another player. Not in the PvE area, nor in the social area. Also, the one time I tried to get into a PvP game it sat for about 10-15 minutes and didn't find anyone else.

It is your poo poo is hosed up.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Vintersorg posted:

This game is going to fulfill my need to be in the world of every 70's prog rock album cover - it's the best. I hope the full game has tons of pulpy stuff to it.

Isn't this game what Halo was supposed to be originally when it was coming to PC? A giant, open world FPS?

I'm sure it's kind of the evolution of what they've been wanting to do for awhile. Halo ODST is actually pretty similar really too just on a much smaller level. There is one big map, groups of enemies wander around on it. Sometimes they fight amoung themselves. Obviously Destiny is a far more developed and refined concept.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

EC posted:

I'm pretty sure Youtube will leave you alone if you aren't monetizing the YT account. I've got TONS of gameplay footage and copyrighted (copywrote? copywritten?) music on my channel and have never had an issue.

I put a video of my daughter dancing on my youtube account that 3 people know about and they sent me a warning because there was a song on the radio in the background. Now that video has ads, which I'm sure the record company that owns the song appriciates the 6 views it's gotten

It's not a big deal or anything I just think it's funny.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's the deal here anyway? I guess I have no idea how Youtube polices stuff like this.

I assume they have algorithms that detect material from various databases.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Looking for a little game buying advice. Picking up a PS4 today and I'm only going to get 2 or 3 games. I'm thinking one single player and two multiplayer. What are the must-haves now that people have had a few months to play?

Preorder Destiny and wait it out.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Renting games by hours in any quantity less than 24 for more than 2 dollars makes no sense. Nope.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

MZ posted:

I always think backwards-compatibility is a bit of a false economy anyway, people always bitch and moan how much they want it at console launch, but 2 years down the line you're going to be too busy playing new games to give a gently caress about the old ones and a lot of the good games will probably get "HD" re-releases anyway.

I dont know, I probably would have bought an Xbox One if they had backwards compatibility and PS4 didn't since I was more heavily invested in the 360 than the PS3. Since neither of them had it I just went with the one that was more attractive now.

Also, I'm always going to want to play Spelunky :colbert:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I've been enjoying Watch Dogs in my time with it. I only bought it so I could have something to play on my PS4 so maybe I just haven't experienced a lot of better stuff but its fun to do all the hacking stuff in the game, its like an open world game with super powers, which to me is better than one without them. The story is pretty bad but whatever, story is over rated in games anyways. I like doing the gang hideout missions without using guns just blowing up transformers and peoples grenades (which have wifi or bluetooth or something for some reason?!) and what not.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I like the idea of bluetooth grenades because it's sooooooo dumb. Regardless it doesn't matter. It's a middle of the road game but that's okay sometimes.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SLOSifl posted:

Yeah, I was blown away when I played Trials remotely from 6 thousand miles from home. I didn't even think it would connect, let alone be playable. It's crazy.

And yet I can't remote play in a different room in my house.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
God damnit I thought direct connect was what I was supposed to be doing! My router is fine I just haven't been using it....

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, they haven't like announced cats or anything. But if you watch that trailer, there are totally cats walking around.

If I can shoot them I might buy the game again even though I got sick of it like 40% of the way through.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dantes posted:

160$ USD controller ?

It will improve your KD on CoD bro

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow that seems like a terrible idea, I mean, its some sorta lotion? wouldn't you be better off using like talc or something? I mean, it might get in the controller though. I dunno?!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can buy a Razer controller for less than 100 bucks that does all of that stuff already including remappable backside buttons and poo poo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My ophthalmologist actually suggested some glasses just like that for me to reduce eye strain (not Gunnar's, much cheaper but still)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I can put f.lux on my PS4?!?

This is the ps4 thread right?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Neo Rasa posted:

There are RUMORS of some complex melee weapons as well as directly controlling/fighting stuff with your ship while in space, but I doubt either got past the earliest phases of development. Like if you could do either I'd think they'd be talking it up pretty heavily by now.

Gotta save stuff for the sequels

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

katkillad2 posted:

They should really let you dual wield pistols at the very least, in the alpha they were pretty much useless except for style points compared to the other primary weapons.

The only pistol in the alpha was great from close range...

I was disappointed in the lack of assassinations and stuff in the melee though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

muscles like this? posted:

The game is mostly designed for multiplayer so I doubt there will be much in the way of stealth options.

Assassinations were what they called the from behind brutal melee kills in Reach.

• Locked thread