Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
I can't seem to find on the wiki where to get mod cards for Mag's pull. Anybody know where they drop, or should I just use my pile of fusion cores I've been sitting on for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Anybody else having issues with freezing after this patch? It may be my graphics card (saw some weird glowing yellow lines just before the freeze), but I thought I'd ask while I test it out.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Speaking of discounts, I hit the jackpot and got the 75% off one today and bought 2100 plat, any recommendations on aesthetic stuff to buy so I don't waste too much?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

GenericOverusedName posted:

Nope.

I verified the game's cache and it said 171 files were unverified and now I think it's just downloading the whole drat game again, since it says it's got more than 4 GB to go :catstare:

Totally not relevant, but I have to do this every time I restart my computer otherwise most textures are eye-searing yellow void and I crash if I sprint.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Wish I could do this event. Something about the particle effect from the shield core causes an instant crash on my computer.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
2 questions:

1: Does anybody know of a good warframe app on ios, or how to get push notifications to work with the official app?

2: How do I oberon?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
What's the best option for farming Neurodes? I wanna build all these stat helmets I've got before they change them.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Rewards

Login rewards are just like loot, chance of each one determined by its rarity. At 0-2 days you are more likely to get complete garbage, but it is the only tier with plat discount coupons.

This is wrong. I got the 75% off at the 3 star 7-day+ login reward.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
It'd be nice if players understood how useful it is to stick together, especially on survival missions, but it doesn't bother me too much. That said, gently caress everyone who goes and fights lech krill and just starts spamming melee with a freeze effect. Nothing like turning a 2 minute boss into 15 minutes of sitting behind a crate and yelling at pubbies.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Denzine posted:

If you know or are a part of a goon splinter clan, post your clan name in here so we can invite you to the Alliance when the update hits.

I started my own clan because one of my friends is super weird about stuff like that.

Clan name: Theater Vancoor
4 members (3 goons one not)
PC

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Honestly, as someone who had to choose between the goon clan and his friends, I think I'm going to enjoy the alliance chat the most. Being able to get some decent allies on void missions and events will be really nice.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
So happy they fixed zorencopter for despair. That alone makes me love this update.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Okay, here's the requirements for getting an alliance invite:

1. What is your clan name?
2. How large are you?
3. Are you actually active?
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan?

Quote this post with your answers and I'll get around to it.

Theater Vancoor

4 player Ghost Clan

Me and 1 other member, getting the third to stop playing Rogue Legacy, kicking the 4th in a week.

The other active is a bit odd and wouldn't join me if I was in the goon clan, but he's one of my best friends. Also the only non goon in the clan.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 11, 2014

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

troublegum posted:

This is the truth. That or taking a break longer twenty-four hours is also pretty good. I swear, every time I stop playing Warframe for longer than a weekend, Stalker gets mad when I come back and drops in to show his disapproval at my disloyalty to the RNG Gods by making GBS threads Slash Dashes out.

Good news! Stalker no longer drops slash dash.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

ullerrm posted:

I wonder if DE has a target in mind for Vay Hek runs -- i.e. "We expect a casual pubbie to be able to grind out a frequency triangulator every N days." My work has been busy enough that I've only been able to play an hour or two a day, and I've been playing basically nothing but Ceres. I've had over 30 omega beacons drop, very few kappa/gamma, and zero deltas. How are you guys knocking them out so quickly, other than Nekros abuse?

I've been able to knock out a key pretty much every 2 20 minute survivals.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

You know where the Trading Post is in the PC clan dojo? Right next to it is this thing that looks like Trading Post Prime. Use that, the options presented should be pretty self-explanatory.

Somehow completely missed this thing when planning out my clan's dojo. So, uh, Theater Vancoor will start donating to the alliance as soon as I get another freaking forma and build this thing.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Denzine found out that 1 rail run = 1 HP, and the rails have 75k HP so hahahaha gently caress that poo poo.

What the gently caress DE? I'm glad alliance chat was what I was most excited about, because the rest of this update has been garbage.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Cainer posted:

They actually react to their dead friends now?! I used to love shooting up a room with the paris and laughing as the survivors kept on patrolling the room while every once in a while taking a moment to check out the new art pieces splattered all over the walls.

In cool gun news I'm on my fifth and hopefully final bloody forma for the synapse. Such a fun weapon but drat is it ever time consuming and expensive to build up.

No this still works. They only react if you miss with a bow, as that causes sound.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Coldbird posted:

The scaling problem in boss design is there, but there's plenty of better solutions than invuln phases just by themselves. Stuff like adds, breaking the invuln by doing something specific like smashing a cable on the wall or carrying a bomb to a specific spot, etc. You can even kludge your way out of scaling problems by making the boss only take significant damage from static exploding barrels near him or whatever.

Stuff like Simon Says mechanics, bosses with parts you need to shoot or chop off, even dumb "don't stand in the fire" WoW mechanics all were common ten years ago, but seemingly are too difficult to put in without breaking the game somehow.

Lephantis is straight up the most fun boss in the game, and also the one players are least likely to see. What I'd love to see are bosses that force you to use the parkour elements to avoid attacks and hit weak points.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Piell posted:

You can grind out the parts for Rhino in like an hour of playing.

If you're crazy lucky! I've done somewhere around 8 hours of t3 survivals and haven't seen a chassis yet.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

doomfunk posted:

Scoring for this event is handled very poorly and acquiring the Prova Vandal was a considerable time investment for everyone who didn't get gated into it right away due to the hosting issue. This is definitely a true thing.

Truth. Anyone having trouble getting the prova, try running it solo. I went from 40-44 consistently to 55.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Denzine posted:

You're gonna have a giant hell of a time keeping your sentinel mods separate from your Primary weapon's mods. As long as the guns are equipped, every mod in in all 3 loadouts of each gun(Sentinel and your Primary) count as active for the purpose of generating a mod conflict message.

And the Sentinel mod screen sometimes orders mods differently than the Primary mod screen.

It's awful.

Thus the duplicates. If you have 2 separate mod cards you can get past the conflict. It's just a huge pain in the butt to level up a second copy.

vvvvv Every time I've dealt with it the two mods appear one after another in the list, as long as you remember something like primary weapon is always first mods, then you'll never have an issue. But again, only applies if you have two of the mod.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 13, 2014

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Retro42 posted:

Am I just really lucky or does everyone get a full Hydroid set in 3 vay hek runs?

Really lucky. It took me 24 runs.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
As someone who just ran it, you aren't really missing anything.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Lork posted:

Also, I just did the prologue missions and as far as I can tell, I didn't get any of those.

That's definitely a bug. I got a ton of damaged mods.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
I'm really liking how they decided to make the gift of the lotus alert and the dog egg mission the same level so you can't do the alert if you haven't gotten the egg yet.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Terrible u.i. decision I noticed just before heading to bed tonight: If you have a mod equipped, it doesn't show up the in the mod list.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Vendictus Prime posted:

so, I guess I'm hooked on the game, I bought plat and 2 new frames, Frost and Volt bundles. anyone have opinions on Rhino and Nekros? I really like the promo videos and they look pretty nice. I have 2 of Rhino's blueprints already, are they pretty easy drops, is it better to just farm the blueprints or just get the bundles from the store?

Generally don't buy frames with plat, they're very easy to farm aside from a few odd ducks.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Emalde posted:

Savagery, Ferocity, Bite, Maul, Pack Leader, Link Health, Link Shields, Link Armor, Fast Deflection, Loyal Companion.

Quick note, at the moment Bite is transmutation only, so you really were lucky overall.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Emalde posted:

Aren't all of the Kubrow mods on the drop table for the Feral Kubrow?

Almost all. Bite is, at the moment, transmutation only.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

hooah posted:

I haven't had it happen with infested, but I think the Kubrow dens also explode and will insta-kill your sentinel if you're too close. That's some horseshit right there.

I'm almost 100% sure it's not the dens exploding, but the kubrow's charge attack which has a huge radius and does massive damage, both of which are multiplied for sentinels at the moment because :de:. Volatile Runners exploding has a similar effect on sentinels as well.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Flytrap posted:

So I just got downloaded it for the PS4, start up a match, and notice that I got set up for a multiplayer match because I forgot to set it to solo. When they call it F2P do they mean FREE free? As in, you don't even need a PS+ account? because I don't have one.

Free to play games, mmo's and anything that doesn't use sony's servers doesn't need PS+.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Heads-up, the bug that makes void loot drop on mercury affects infested invasion missions as well.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Kyte posted:

Didn't they fix the Lv. 1 bosses on today's patch?

It's inconsistent since the patch, sometimes you get a level 1, sometimes normal, and sometimes you end up with a level 71 Lephantis.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think something bumped up Stalkers' spawn chance, he's shown up for me three times in the last three days. Or maybe I'm just supremely unlucky :saddowns:

Note, unlike G3 and Harvester, you can get multiple Stalker marks. The game tracks separate marks for separate boss kills.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
And I had no intention of paying money at all until I got one of the 75% off coupons.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Male Man posted:

It was removing the indicator for active groups on a node that knocked me out.

I'm not sure how many people have noticed, but if you hover over a node it'll have a ticker displaying names of people playing in that node. Since you only ever really need 1 or 2 people it's a lot nicer than that old number system which only listed how many groups were playing.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Devlan Mud posted:

That shows the people in the system, not in the particular node. So it's pretty useless.

Ah, that is dumb and useless then.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

What's a good area to start out at? Earth seems to have the lowest level missions but I just seem to be getting rolled a lot if I can even get a full team.

Mercury -> Venus -> Earth is the progression for newbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Male Man posted:

Male Man's Exhaustive Guide on Choosing Weapons and Frames:

1) If it looks fun, use it.
2) If it doesn't look fun, don't use it.

3) If it's a sniper rifle it sucks.