Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

zgrowler2 posted:

T2 survival :getin:

That reminds me, what is the significance of that intricate design next to the credits? Is that a skill ranking or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Dewgy posted:

I found my favorite Warframe bug. Go to your arsenal and look at your sentinel. Spin it around a whole bunch, and then go up to your frame's equip spots.

Tenno spin cycle! Works the other way around too but it's not as funny.

Speaking of bugs, I got one in a mission where my camera flipped upside down, IE instead of facing behind my character and out, it was inside my character and facing towards the back. So the entire world was upside down.

I took screenshots:

I had to play the whole rest of the mission like that.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Dewgy posted:

That's just mirror mode, they're ripping off mechanics from Dance Dance Revolution now.

New Nightmare mode modifier: Reversed controls. Forward is backward, Right mouse now fires, crouch now jumps.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

frood posted:

Being new I was looking to upgrade my melee. I saw Dual Zorens mentioned a few times, but looking through the wiki, I saw Dual Ether has a chance to stunlock people, which sounded cool. I bought both blueprints, but decided to build the Dual Ether. Have a made a huge mistake?

I also bought a Hind blueprint but won't be able to build it until I can farm Mars it looks like, right? I just finished Earth so that shouldn't be too long. I got it because people recommended it, but I'm worried I won't like the burst fire. Is there an automatic rifle that people recommend? Looking at the wiki the Dera and Latron seem like they might be sort of what I was looking for (decent accuracy, longish range, ammo efficient). Are either of these any good?

The only real reason to use the Dual Zoren (at least in my experience) is that when you jump and slide attack with them, you get launched across the room, making it the melee weapon of choice for people who gotta go fast.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Feenix posted:

How do I use the keys to the tower thingies I earned?

Up in the top right is an icon on the main bar that looks like a key sorta. Go in there, click on one, it'll set up the lobby that you can invite people to. Just make sure to always invite me (if you play PC).

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Crowbear posted:

I just failed the rank 8 test :saddowns:

Any tips? Other than to not be bad at shooting stuff while wall-running.

I'm logging off right now but I'll be around a bunch tomorrow if you still need that stuff.

Bring a weapon with a high fire rate and decent accuracy, and stack max stamina mods on whatever frame you take. Also take it slowly on the slopes that go up and down.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
So I think I found something new they're going to try for the End Mission screen.

Looks like we might get Team scores, Skill values, and something about Honor in the future.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

The Magnus is kind of sexy, what mods work well with this bad bitch?

Also, drat is the Hind ugly as gently caress.

Barrel Diffusion, A really good Hornet Strike, High leveled elemental mods, and I put extra crit chance on mine to get it up to 40% crit chance. When I get a crit headshot, it regularly hits for about 10k (so 20k if both shots land).

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

hooah posted:

I was playing with a pubbie who was using the Penta yesterday, and he kept randomly blowing himself up with it. His explanation was that there's a bug where occasionally the damage gets applied to you, regardless of how far from the explosion you are (I think he said it applies to Thunderbolt, too). Was he correct, or full of poo poo?

I've noticed it happening to me sometimes, mostly when I don't have host. My thought was that the game wasn't properly tracking the location of the grenade, and it was registering it as being right next to you instead of in its actual location due to lag.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Enter Char posted:

Pull makes everything either die or it makes a big pile of half dead guys you can shoot bullets at, or Crush just makes everything die. It's quite good.

Not to mention Shield Polarize now absolutely wrecks Corpus. It's fun to see Mag swirl her hands and then see a flurry of experience numbers pop up.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

New tileset really makes me feel like I'm playing the original PSO again. (In a good way)

Did PSO crash 9 times out of 10 as well?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

Thanks for the fast replies! I was mainly asking because I was thinking about trying a "caster" type frame for my next one. How's Trinity? I'm kinda leaning on Trinity, Mag or maybe Nova.

Those are all really good choices.

Mag's 1 ability, Pull, is a nice panic button for when you need to knock down a group of enemies, and it can kill whole waves of lower level enemies. Her 2, Shield Polarize, is also nice when your shields are gone and you need them NOW and it also has the benefit of removing and dealing damage to anything with shields. Bullet Attractor is cool but I don't really use it, and her ultimate, Crush, is a room clearing AOE if you mod her right.

Nova is insane, especially her ultimate, Molecular Prime, which makes enemies explode when they die and that chain reacts, so if the damage from one explosion kills an enemy, it'll deal damage all around, and if they die... Otherwise she kinda strikes me as a one trick pony.

Trinity is the best support frame in the game, Well of Life is nice if people have low health, Energy Vampire can restore INSANE amounts of energy to your team, Link is nice if you're getting shot all over the place and want to return the pain to some enemies, and Blessing is one of the best skills in the game because it restores Shields and HP for your entire party, and makes your entire party Invulnerable for a period of time.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
New Hotfix patch:

Changes:

- Doubled chance of getting a Rare plant in your Cicero Crisis mission.
- Removed plant spawns from first room in Cicero Crisis. Tenno on the Nice List this holiday season! The Plants Remain! Orokin Weed resists even developer fingers!

Fixes:

- Fixed elemental damage upgrade mods not applying to the splash & embed damage from projectiles (Stug, Ogris, Torid, Penta etc). Also removed zero damage stat displays weapons that have no base damage (just explosion damage). This is likely a major buff to elemental weapons, we will be monitoring this closely as it is likely going to be rebalanced.
- Fixed aiming and shooting knocking you out of a wallrun or slide.
- Fixed revive + scan exploit.
- Fixed Orokin Derelict Survival missions not giving guaranteed keys at 15 minute mark.
- Saryn fixes/buffs *actually* integrated. (11.5.0 notes).
- Fixed infinite Ammo exploit with Stug.
- Fixed Cernos string bug (https://forums.warfr...g-doesnt-relax/)
- Fixed Ground pounds (Heavy Gunner, Bombard, Napalm, etc) not knocking down clients.
- Fixed projectile embedded/explosion radial damage on clients.
- Fixed solar map XP not being factored into player progress bar calculations when first shown immediately after logging in.
- Fixed Oberon's Smite being useless in Conclaves.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
The potential new UI reminds me of a cleaned up Borderlands/Borderlands 2 HUD. I think mostly because of the font for the numbers and everything.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

ElegantFugue posted:

Oh. Oooooooh.
And here I just thought a solid fifth or so of all Loki players were just giant dicks :v:

I don't think you can switch teleport with players now, but the way I do it is, when my group is all bunched up, I get next to all of them and switch teleport with a grineer heavy unit. Who then proceeds to ground slam them all to the floor.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I found out how to make the new UI suck less.

Go to Display, in Options. Look for a menu option about HUD Margins.

Drag those suckers in tight, so that everything is closer in on the screen and won't disappear on you. Also disable HUD Movement in the Gameplay tab.

It makes a hell of an improvement.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

So I've been using my MAG again, dropped some upgrades into pull.

What the gently caress did they do it? I'm yanking entire groups off their feet and killing mass targets like crazy, I had like 300 kills in a survival with a friend of mine, its obscene, broken and I love it.

If you think Pull is crazy, go slaughter droves and droves of Corpus with Shield Polarize!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Ok, I can't survive tower II exterminate, good to know. :thumbsup:

Guess I'll have to farm a level 1 key if I want my potato.

Making a magnus, hope its good.

It is. It might be my favorite sidearm that is available to everyone. Get some good damage and status chance mods on there and you won't be disappointed.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Any suggestions on status effects? I got a bunch of pistol poo poo while some super nice pubbies helped me level.

I'm going to break it down by faction:

Grineer: Corrosive (Poison and Electricity, slotted before any other two elemental mods) is going to chew through their armor and make it seem like tissue paper, due to its proc of Reduced Armor. To this end, the only other elemental combo you can slot is Blast (Fire and Cold, slotted next to each other, or with no other elemental mods in the way) is going to give you a knockdown AoE whenever it procs (which will be a lot with a well-built Magnus)

Corpus: The Magnus loving rocks against the Corpus, due to it's high Impact Damage. As for elemental combos, slot Magnetic (Cold and Electricity together), which on a proc reduces their max shields, so if you can't kill them immediately and their shields DO regen, it'll be easier to take them out. The only other combo you can slot is Gas (Heat and Poison together), BUT it deals -25% versus Flesh. However, the proc is a Toxin damage AoE, which causes their health to tick down. It's up to you on that one, but I usually slot it for shits and giggles.

Infested: Gas. Gas is going to chew through Infested like crazy. The Magnus only has 12 slash damage base, which is by no means bad, but it's not as high as some weapons (Vasto).

Hope this helped!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

MJ12 posted:

Note that Toxic damage ignores shields, making just regular ol' Toxic damage quite good against Corpus, because they often only have 1/3rd of their total HP or less as health, which means a high toxic damage percentage means you just ignore their giant pile o' shielding and cause them to dissolve.

I actually didn't know this. This changes everything.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone got a run down on the Vectis or the Tetra? Got one more slot and looking for my next weapon.

I've only used the Vectis enough to get it up to Rank 1, but I can already say I will probably take that thing to 30 and potato it for the dumb amount of fun I had with it. Nothing else in the game quite scratches the "Bolt Action Rifle" itch as well as the Vectis.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Synastren posted:

A normal run on Kappa can easily get you ~40 Oxium, assuming no Nekros stuff.

So, something I've been wondering re: vault runs. Do the dragon keys need to be crafted, or are they found in the level? I've never been on a vault run and I'd really like to get some corrupted mods, but I have no idea how they work. My impression from clan chat was that you pick the keys up on the level, while the wiki says that they are crafted.

There are four different key types. They each give a massive debuff to some area of your frame (health, shields, move speed, and damage), and each person in your party takes one, so your rear end is covered, since the key needed is random. They are equipped in the same way team ammo restores and health restores and codex scanners are. When you find a vault, the person with the correct key runs up to it, presses X, and then takes the artifact inside (unless someone wants to get a double debuff).

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

WarpedLichen posted:

Is it worth losing some dps to put shred on my soma?

Yes, since you'll be hitting multiple targets instead of just one, or at worst, be able to shoot mans from behind cover.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Daric posted:

Corpus suck. I was fine with them when I was running around as Volt but, even though my Penta will do 3,000 Magnetic damage, it still just knocks off their shields most of the time.

You're getting their helmets with the grenade blast, aren't you?

The best solution I found for this is to actually bounce the grenade off the floor and wait for it to come back down, instead of lobbing it in the air, which usually involves waiting the same amount of time, but getting their body and legs instead of their head.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
If anyone needs Frost Prime Chassis BP's, I have 3 of them, and I'll trade (preferably) for Ember Prime Helmet BP's.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Just ran the hard version of the event with some friends of mine. Team comp was Volt, Rhino Prime, Mag Prime, and Trinity. We got a score of 2239. So yeah, don't even worry about hard mode being hard.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Spaceman Bill posted:

What crazy loadouts do you guys use for Volt, anything special? Cause I love him already and if I can make him sing even better

Do you actually want to kill things? If so, I run Intensify, Continuity, Blind Rage, Stretch, Redirection, and Streamline.

Do you want to go fast and speedrun every mission forever? Then go with Continuity, Narrow Minded, Redirection, Marathon, Rush, and Quick Rest.

That's just what I run with, though. I'm sure people who care about this game more have way better setups.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
If penetration applies to it's riot shields, Shred is going to make that enemy beyond trivial. Or any kind of Penetration mod.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Since there's a lot of talk about what is fun and what is useful, I'm going to list the frames that are useful and you should probably get eventually, and the frames that are (in my opinion) the most fun.

USEFUL FRAMES

Nova - Nova was basically the most overpowered frame in the entire game up until a few updates ago when they made changes to Molecular Prime. It's still good, and if you beef it up a whole bunch it'll still clear an entire room, it just won't do it quite as quickly now. However, those changes also made her incredibly useful for Infested Defense missions because if you max out an Overextended mod (which boosts range but decreases frame power), you can speed up enemies and make the waves go by ridiculously fast (and troll newbies with it).

Nekros - Nekros is useful for two situations, as stated above: Farming for mods/crafting materials, and survival missions. Otherwise, he has cool powers that are utterly utterly useless.

Rhino - Rhino is useful because Iron Skin, when used well (or not), can carry you through a lot of harder content due to being invincible, and Rhino Stomp is super useful for stunning enemies. Roar is also REALLY good when you need a quick damage boost.

Vauban - The King of Defense. Bastille stalls enemies, so does Vortex while consolidating them into a little pile for your Ogris/Penta/Angstrum/(insert murder machine here) to conveniently dispatch of them. Bounce is also nice for getting places AND for area denial on Interception missions, and Tesla can crash people's games so why wouldn't you spam it all over the place?

Frost/Frost Prime - Frost is useful for one ability, really: Snowglobe. It stops all incoming fire, and when an enemy enters it, they get slowed to a crawl, making them easy pickings for headshots. Otherwise, he's just...ok I guess? I've never used his 1 or 2, and Avalanche is your standard AoE damage spike.

Mag/Mag Prime - I'm only putting Mag in here because of Shield Polarize. An instant shield restore with a swish of your hand is nothing to scoff at, and it also drains enemy shields and deals damage back to them based on how much shield was drained. However her usefulness is easily outclassed by the usefulness of other frames.

Nyx - Nyx is useful due to Chaos, which causes monsters to start fighting one another, buying you valuable time to shoot them and secure the objective. Psychic Bolts are useless, though, Mind Control is fun, and Absorb has a lot of potential if you know how to use it.

FUN FRAMES

Ash - Ash is hilarious because you can paint him up like Deadpool, slap a Rush mod on him, and run around levels casting Bladestorm and watching cool animations of Grineer marines getting stabbed a whole bunch. Shuriken is also pretty good, and I actually like his teleport ability better than Loki's because of it's better offensive use. He's also pretty tanky for a stealth frame.

Hydroid - If you are not talking like a pirate and yelling "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" every time you use Tentacle Swarm with Hydroid, you might wanna get your fun glands checked. Tempest Barrage can also get pretty good (for a one ability) if you mod correctly, but seriously it's all about Tentacle Swarm here.

Ember/Ember Prime - As someone said, running around levels, constantly blasting World on Fire while everything combusts around you is AMAZING the first time you do it. Unfortunately she is not her old self, but she stills holds a very fond place in my heart.

Nova - Nova is fun for the same reason she's useful : Blowing up entire rooms of enemies. Antimatter Drop is also especially good if you know how to use it, capable of nuking a point for hilarious amounts of damage. Seriously, if you can go farm Raptor, Nova is worth getting.

Mag/Mag Prime - Spamming Pull as you fly across the map (especially on lower level missions where spamming Pull will actually kill a loving enemy or two or fifty) is amazing if you can get Pull to cost 8 energy (which is entirely possible). There's also something about swishing your hand and watching en entire room of Mid-Level Corpus die thanks to Shield Polarize. Unfortunately, Mag is not quite as useful against Corpus as...

Volt - The amount of fun you can have with Volt might get exaggerated a bit by me, but holy gently caress I love Volt. Overload is AMAZING against Corpus, Speed is seriously one of the most useful rushing skills in the entire game, and Chain Lightning and Electric Shield are also pretty good. He's a seriously solid frame and the first time you clear a huge outdoor tile in five seconds flat thanks to Speed + A good Zoren Copter, you'll realize how useful he is for getting through maps quickly.

Rhino - Rhino is fun for the same reasons he's useful : Invincibility and stompin' dudes. 'Nuff said.

Zephyr - Everyone loves Birdframe. If you can farm up the 600 oxium required to build her, she's apparently hilarious amounts of fun to play (I don't have her and am therefore ill-equipped to write about how fun she is, but I've seen people play her and drat I want one), mostly thanks to her movement skills that open up new avenues of getting around maps quickly, and loving TORNADOES EVERYWHERE which can be used to grief pubbies by spreading the loot everywhere.

Of course, every frame is fun. From blasting dubstep with Banshee to slam dunking rooms of enemies with Oberon, to going SUPER FAST with Loki, there's maybe one or two frames in the game that I actively dislike playing. There's also not a single "bad" frame in the game. Some are just a lot more useful than others, and some are a lot lot lot more fun than others. It all depends on how you like to play. Sorry about all the words.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

pyromance posted:

Does Warframe still tie burst fire volleys to FPS though? That can kind of be a big deal.

Yes it does. And in my experience, incredibly low framerates (sub-20 FPS) will start affecting the rate of fire of ANY weapon.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Avynte posted:

the stuff of nightmares

I read this and Warframe started updating and I had a tiny panic attack.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

victrix posted:

They've repeatedly talked about revisiting various balance issues (snipers/shotguns/oberon/mods/lots of other things) post U14.

I'm curious to see how they handle stuff in the next month or two, barring a PWE implosion. This game is... not balanced, and generally in a good way (woo, I can kill all the loving things in any of 85 different unfair ways), but there are some areas where the gameplay could be markedly improved with some fairly simple changes.

Also defense missions in their current incarnation need to just die in a fire, they are right on the edge of being literal one button push missions for the right party composition. Specifically void defense and derelict defense are ultra efficient xp, ultra boring.

I don't really need much of anything from tower d drop tables anymore, but I do still get dragged/want to help new goons get some from them, and as long as that mission type is around it'll keep getting new junk on its drop tables and show up in random missions.

Survival on the other hand, while certainly cheesable with aforementioned hilariously busted abilities/weapons/compositions, is still a ton of fun, and I'd love to see more endless modes with that general style in mind instead of static defense. Mobile defense is almost, but not quite there, as is Ceres' half assed moving defensive objective. We need a less lovely version of hijack escort.

How to fix shotguns: Buff Accelerated Blast again, and make the shotgun specific multishot mod go up by more (or cost less). Although a range buff would help as well.

How to fix sniper rifles: Boost their damage a bit, give them innate punch-through.

Fixing mods would probably require an entire update of its own. I wouldn't be opposed to weapons leveling up like Warframes do (gaining +Damage and +Multishot or something on level). But DE is probably reluctant to do that considering how much they've sunk into the mod system.

Defense needs one change in my opinion: Rewards need to be cumulative. I'll agree with you that survival is pretty well off where it is.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
OK I guess I didn't really read the complaint against Defense missions, which is their static, boring nature.

A relatively easy fix would be to have multiple defense points. But then that sorta turns it closer to Interception but instead you lose if one (or a majority) of the points are taken out. Unless you were to add defense objective every 5 waves, ad infinitum, until you're defending 12 points across 4 or 5 rooms...

That actually doesn't sound too terrible.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Denzine posted:

Oh I'm definitely going to be doing the PVP, and I hope at least some of you join me in my quest to make it as loving horrible for pubbies as possible.

Did someone say 24/7 Ogris/Angstrum loadouts?

with maxed out firestorm

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

This is going to be magical. :allears:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Hey, I'm coming back to this game after...at least 2 or 3 years away from it (whenever Rhino Prime had just released). I'm just wondering what I should be working towards with regards to doing more end-game type stuff, like killing Eidolons and being effective in Sorties? Mostly, how should I be speccing my guns and the like with regards to damage type? Is there a single element type that's good for pretty much everything, or is it now better to switch around for different foes?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I only just unlocked Rivens because I wasn't around playing when they came out.

My freebie from The War Within was for the Zenith. Only 480ish days to go until I can make use of it. :negative:

Also Sorties refuse to give me Riven mods and I don't feel like dropping plat on good ones.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
What are people modding their Lenz's like? I know to stack a ton of fire rate to make the charge time less painful but is there anything else I should prioritize for it?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

This will destroy anything you come across.

I have most of that, does any goon have a spare Vile Acceleration or Hunter Munition they want to trade? I...can't really offer anything but I don't have a 4-man squad to run Orokin Vaults with and I don't know when Ghouls are going to show back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Pooncha posted:

I can foot you a spare HunMun when I get on, bother me in case I forget! :)

ign: Lugwy

I sent you a friend request, my IGN is DrTryhard