Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

lohli posted:

From what I remember, blocks can only support so many other blocks, horizontally, before giving way.

They can support as many blocks stacked vertically as there is space to place blocks, but the entire weight of that floor is basically divided up between whichever blocks are supported from ground level, and how many of which material blocks you can have without it falling down depends also on what kind of block your floor is being built horizontally outwards from.

I don't remember for sure whether or not a player's weight counts(i.e. can be the difference between poo poo breaking and not).

Pretty sure the player's weight does count. Unless my memory is completely bad, I remember building a bridge only to have it collapse once I actually got on it. Oh wait, no I have the best example.

Use the prebuilt map and find a bridge and walk up the railings and when you get to the top of the beam it'll just fall apart.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

JB50 posted:

Doesnt the deck fall apart when you walk across it as well? At least it did a few patches ago.

With just player weight it is fine, but don't fight a horde on the bridge unless you want it to fall apart. A few zombies is fine, but once I had a bunch of corpses and went to go club a zombie to death and the bridge just collapsed on me.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So I guess the sleeper system + multiplayer is just extremely annoying. I was trying to loot a gun store and I couldn't because every time I turned around zombies had respawned. I played a bit of A16 in single player and never had issues quite this bad with the new system.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

If no one is online on a server, does the game pause, or does time keep progressing?

Game pauses if no one is online on a server.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

PowderKeg posted:

Config file had 8 max players on the server, but I must have upgraded to 12 at some point. Fixed..

Server info for any newcomers:

64.94.95.162:22854
pass: lljk

Speaking of this server. On my constant night time roving I found a base in the north between two cities on a road (Hide Hole or something?). Is this still someone's active base? Don't want to go looting the cities if it is going to get me in conflict with someone.

Also if you run across a half built "fort" aka Fort Half rear end, that one is mine. The signs out front also list blood moon days.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Corgiflop posted:

Kickass! You found my lil base - feel free to grab whatever you need or hide there if caught out in the middle of the night. I don't even tend to loot the two towns much (if at all), so go nuts!

I'll probably be storing more than taking from there, since it'll be a good spot to loot the towns from because my little base is like 4 km away.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

PowderKeg posted:

Hmm, I just went with the host auto-update. Maybe they didn't get it quick enough. I was at work so I couldn't test.

Working on it..

Probably a typo in a config setting somewhere, since it claims to be a version (16.3) that doesn't even exist at the moment. Version check is probably being told that the current server is 16.3 instead of 16.2.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Exploring one of the new POIs and everything is going fine, until I get near to the bottom and all of a sudden super fast fat zombies eat my face off in 2 seconds. Also, no, it wasn't due to a time change from day to night.

At least I haven't been having any performance issues that a lot of people are reporting.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Bloody garage door is still only 3 tiles wide!

Also where the gently caress do cans of acid come from? You need them to make wheels, and my trader never seems to have any. I haven't gotten any from my general looting or wrenching either.

Honestly stamina and food being linked is really dumb, because I either let my food drop to like 60% (and have poo poo stamina) or I waste my bacon and eggs. Honestly I guess I should just make 2 boiled eggs and 1 grilled meat instead because even though it is less overall (30 vs 36), at least I don't waste as much.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I read something somewhere that said the only way to get wheels right now is via looting cars, NOT wrenching them. This is secondhand info.

There is an actual recipe for wheels and I have seen a can of acid in a chest on one of the streams I was watching, so it does drop.

Also, my badly damage bicycle apparently has a sell value of 73k.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 23, 2018

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Apparently not only is the table saw not taught by the perk, neither is the chemistry station. So be prepared to either cheat them in or edit the xml so that you can actually learn the recipes.

Also I really wonder why they’re not taught when taking the perks for them, because if it is just that the xml is missing the entries then that is a real wtf moment. It isn’t like the stations are broken because you can find and use them out in the world.

Granted I forgot the game, but apparently there was a typo that made the AI not work properly and it wasn’t discovered for years. So this just seems like they never actually bother to see if the recipe was actually in the list of things to be taught by the perk and probably instantly assumed it was something else.

In case some of you want to fix your own progression.xml so you can actually craft the tableSaw and chemistryStation

code:
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"
				tags="workbench,generatorbank,electricwirerelay,switch,ceilingLight01_player,switch,gunCrossbow,armorMiningHelmet,tableSaw"/>

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"
				tags="ammo9mmBullet,ammo44MagnumBullet,ammoShotgunShell,ammo762mmBulletFMJ,thrownAmmoPipeBomb,mineHubcap,mineCookingPot,chemistryStation"/>
Those are the lines in the xml, I obviously added tableSaw and chemistryStation to the list myself.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 23, 2018

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Bondematt posted:

They seem to spawn in groups now instead of a conga line as you kill them.

Edit: So overall I like this patch, but man they really need to make the melee combat more than a weird hit scan. It's really apparent now when you whiff a sledgehammer swing at a zombie sprinting at you, cause you aimed just slightly right of their head.

I'm not really sure how I feel about A17 so far.

Linking Food & Stamina is not something I like, because I want my stamina to be at the cap at all times. This means that instead of making more efficient food (e.g. bacon and eggs vs 2 boiled eggs + 1 boiled meat), I stick to the food that gives less amount of +food because I'm not wanting to be at around 50% of my max stamina to make the better food not be a waste.

Having to be level 30 to even get a bicycle does not feel rewarding at all, and I don't see myself ever using the gyrocopter. Vehicles are especially bad because I was in my 50s before I even got 2 wheels (legitimately), the can of acid drop rate in sinks is just too low and unless you get one of the big gas station POIs good luck on looting wheels from cars.

Base defensive, or lack thereof, appears to be a big issue for a lot of people for A17 with how zombies destroy blocks far quicker than before. This really doesn't effect me because I just hide in a large POI during the first few blood moons and by the time I have a vehicle I just drive around on blood moon night. The resources used to fight off a blood moon never seem to be worth it, so avoiding them becomes the norm.

The forge being level 20 also feels like a huge artificial limiter and can often be entirely pointless if your RNG trader has a working one. You still won't be able to make the tools, but odds are you get at least get a couple iron tools from the quest or buying one and can just make forged iron to repair. Or you can get the ghetto trader that has no working forge and gently caress trying to find another on foot.

A really annoying bug is the one where you immediately punch after placing down the last item in a stack and I don't think the first public release of A17 had it but it is certainlly in A199.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I think i seen one in trade’s secret stash in... lv 10 on rare luck? You can also craft it with one point in int to make it with football and flashlight.

Maybe i am only the low graphic setting, but the night vision google suck. It just overlay green hue and not brightening things.

I don’t think i would enjoy that, but you now get exp 1:1 to the money you get from selling.

Which leads to a interesting issue. The current vehicle are priced two digits more to i think discourage easy purchases from MP server. However, the seller can easily jump to lv 80 from selling a bicycle, which takes about lv 30 to reach if you only dump point into crafting. On the otherhand, maybe that’s fair for crafter? Those ingredients are really hard to get or craft. Having a scavenger friend will be very beneficial of course.

30 does make you a wizard!

Night Vision goggles are just bad, might as well just turn your gamma up and call it a day.

Yeah vehicle sell prices are really high and give a ton of experience, so if you can get some wheels or cans of acid the rest is easy.

We should be getting a new version in a couple days, so vehicle selling might change, but I don't know how much they're putting towards balance yet.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

roflmao, these people are loving idiots

It isn't uncommon for bug fixes in one area to break something else. Terrible code bases are more than likely the norm for most projects, but especially so for something from a first time small developer. Didn't they hire something with actual Unity programming experience only last year?

Though if they're just expecting a day delay the bug can't be that severe.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Don't kink shame the zombies!

I wonder if when the game actually leaves alpha if the game would be able to handle massive hordes (i.e. 100+), so that the game play could be changed to be more like an older more "classic" zombie. I've always seen zombies as more of a slow inevitable doom rather than fast moving bullet sponges.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It isn't a buildy voxel game but if you want to see absurdly gigantic zombie hordes like you'd expect give They Are Billions a try. There are a few special zombies that are fast but for the most part they're as slow and stupid as you'd expect. The challenge of the game is dealing with so god damned many zombies holy poo poo. You'll seriously see thousands of them all smashing into your walls in a gigantic blob.

They Are Billions is a cool game that I've put many hours in, but it has one major glaring flaw. I really really suck at it.

Was reading a thread on the official forums about how TFP made an intentional death trap that was completely unfair and it was mostly how the person that died is incredibly bad at the game. The person complaining wasn't the actual person that was playing because it was a streamer or youtuber, but for some reason the person on the forums felt that a pickaxe was a valid weapon choice. Also it was a lot of complaining about how it wasn't realistic with zombies in roofs and closed off compartments. Realism is one of the worst criticisms of any game (or any media for that matter), because zombies sure are realistic.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I've noticed mods for +50% damage vs wood and dirt, now all I need is one for +50% to stone. An iron shovel with +dirt damage and another mod takes 3 normal hits to clear dirt (power attacks are 1000% bad for digging, mining, and cutting down trees).

They've gone a bit far in the nerf of gun values, now I just scrap every single gun I come across that is a lower quality than what I already have. No point in wasting space on pistols that sell for 20 coins.

A few POIs are still hosed on generation, I had a big pawn shop building that I thought was fine, but it wasn't. It didn't appear to be floating, but apparently directly below it was a 1 space gap so it fell apart. Also I've seen a new (?) mine style POI, but what it did was generate entirely above ground. Just a huge square of rock like 30 blocks high sticking out.

I thought I lucked out when I started within 200 meters of my trader, but I did not. Literally every loving quest is between 2km and 6km away.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Wow, 1 sp per level sucks! The leveling exp amount is terrible without editing!

The skill system overall still needs a lot more work. A wonderful example is that the production of steel is locked behind a level 60 requirement, but quite a few other perks unlock recipes that require steel at 40 or 50. The motorcycle requires steel and is unlocked at level 50. Obviously you can find or purchase steel, but the recipe unlocks that require steel really shouldn't come 20 levels before you can make it yourself. Supposedly most level requirements are going away in the next build, but they did mention that some things may still be level locked.

Also, are mod slots supposed to be random now? I thought I originally read that it was just level - 1, i.e. a quality "6" gun should have 5 slots, but I've got quite a few items that don't follow that in b221. I don't really want to play the remake poo poo over and over game to get the maximum number of slots. On tools this isn't as bad, because you can just melt them back down, but for things like guns this is much worse.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Nyaa posted:

New patch again!

This time it fixed the zombie running around low edge blocker as the video before.

Forest biome look much prettier.

Bunch of big RWG fixes to floating poi.

Inconsistent mod slot in item from trader.

Still crash on mac.

I wonder if it fixed the mine and underground lake POIs yet, because they always seemed to generate as huge square chunks above ground.

Also did they change the food/water usage to not be insane?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Yes, they say they fixed the food/water issue.

Yeah I see that, but I also see that generation on the POIs I mentioned are still hosed.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Demon boars are great for meat, but also mean that data wasn't properly cleared between patches. For most people this doesn't mean much, but if you do bug reports it makes them less useful.

I'm not a big fan of TFP's desire to make the forge more and more tedious to deal with. And RWG is such a poo poo show in the latest build. No game, I don't want to start in the desert or snow and be at least 3km away from the dumb trader. It wouldn't be so bad except unless you've got all the correct clothing and points in the temp skill you're either constantly freezing (and losing food/sta) or burning (and losing water).

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Fayk posted:

If you think RWG putting you in an extreme biome that is larger than visible distance is a new thing, I don't know what to tell you.

It's practically a rule, along with all servers magically being nighttime the first time you join.

It isn’t that desert, snow, or wasteland starts are new, it is that I’m getting a lot of maps now that don’t even have that much forest biome to even spawn in. Also in A16 I don’t even remember desert or snow being such a pain in the rear end 24/7 themselves, it was mostly the annoyance of swapping clothes around.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Dalaram posted:

So I was playing this on the Xbox, until I realized that the Md5 error/world regen was pervasive, and I was just going to lose my fort eventually.

Did that get fixed? Is A17 coming to console?

Console version was published by Telltale (RIP), so don't expect anything for the time being.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Verizian posted:

I think heat only spawns screamers but there's personal heat and chunk/biome heat which can affect stuff differently if there are other players nearby. Gamestage and difficulty can change things a lot and if you're just coming back or getting started with A17 turn the difficulty down until you get used to things. For a fresh start I usually rush to the trader and clear a small poi close by then get basic survival setup by boiling a few eggs before starting on the missions from the trader.

Is there a trick to the bullshit buried treasure quests by the way? I've excavated half a mountainside and broke a blue iron shovel trying to find this poo poo. I've tried triangulation by finding the edge of the area where the icon starts flashing on the compass, marking it off in three then four directions and digging in the middle but no luck. I stopped short of digging out the entire circumference of the area then criss crossing it in a grid pattern because my shovel broke and it was getting dark.

I've never had problems using 4 wood frames to mark off boundaries for the digging quests. I just find the boundary where it goes from nearby to x distance and place a wood frame and then turn around to find the boundary on the other side. Then I go to the middle of those two frames and go perpendicular to find the other 2 boundaries and start digging around the middle. I haven't even broken a quality 1 stone shovel doing this. Unless they've changed something in b240 this should still work.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Doing a single player random map game and 7D2D does not want me to ever have a vehicle. I didn't get my first engine until right before I learned how to make Motorcycles and I still have not gotten a single battery from any of the cars I've wrenched down. There is pretty much no cars left within a 1km radius of my base.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Has anyone ever played with the overhaul mods like Darkness Falls or Ravenhearst? And if so, are they good for solo or are they even more balanced around multiplayer than 7D2D normally is?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

One thing I wonder is how long can they fund this level of development. Surely not enough people are still buying it right now for this many people to be working on it

Well they are a rather small team of people and have sold over 2.5 million copies (on PC), so as long as they aren't paying themselves a super high salary they shouldn't have any financial issues for many more years. It isn't like they're super far down on steam's top sellers list (page 5 atm), but I don't know how much money that is especially since revenue based lists tend to have huge fall offs after the top few spots.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Why is it red?

Also, what's a good melee weapon? I've been using reinforced iron clubs since like Day 4 and they're still pulling their weight. I didn't like how much wind up sledgehammers have (makes birds even more of a pain in the rear end), and I haven't really experimented much with tools-as-weapons (except for using a stone shovel as a spear in the first day or two, it's got nice reach). I don't have any specific melee perks yet, just a few points in each of the generics.

Could be dyed.

Also with the changes to how weapon swings are going to work the sledge hammer will hopefully not feel like rear end, especially when you miss and do absolutely nothing. My general response to vultures is, gently caress you, pistol/smg time.

It is nice that farm plots won't have the dumb gap between the soil and solid blocks now, if only we could do that for everything else.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

the lead developer uploaded a 35 minute video going over the various new stuff in A18, including the new perk system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_73-XByKOM

Joel's first statement makes me think he was actually going to say this.

"Hey everyone, it's Joel from TheFunPimps and I'm here to talk about Jesus."

Even though it will ruin stealth, I can imagine using turrents to guard my back from ninja zombies

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I enjoy going back into my single player world and finding that I'm some how missing ~34k dukes.

For A18, I wonder if they're going to "fix" path finding so that the killing corridors lined with barbed wire no longer work. Currently it is stupid easy to just make an elevated base and be extremely safe. With only having to repair damage from the random swings zombies take when falling.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

HelloSailorSign posted:

So... looking like best horde night plan is then to get on a vehicle and motor in circles until daytime?

Well it depends on how the new zombie works and how bandits will eventually work.

And apparently my save is hosed, because it just deletes all of my money every time I load it back up. This is quite the weird bug, because it is only deleted dukes and not any other items and it doesn't matter what container they're in.

Edit: Wonderful, just losing all my money was bad enough, but the game decided to regen the chunk my base was in. My base wasn't actually that big (just a 11x11 cube), means the entire thing is now gone.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 24, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Verizian posted:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111778-Alpha-18-Dev-Diary!!&s=e8cc091be36664f37eef02836e3e65a9 list of features in A18 including:

Seems like it's a one hit kill to explode them.

I wonder how a certain 7D2D youtuber is going to break this. Currently in A17 you can make a setup with arrow slots for a floor to break pathfinding.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
A video was posted with a horde that included the new demolisher zombies and they’re a bit underwhelming. If they didn’t change pathing or barbed wire, at worst the demo zombies just make it so I'll have to actually replace barbed wire and repair concrete in my corridor.

I wish the undead legacy guy would release his UI improvements as a stand-alone mod, but I’m pretty sure he already said that he wouldn’t. He posted a video of his UI changes and there are quite a few QoL changes.

Last three videos by Madmole Day 77 Horde, his base, Day 84 Horde. Demo zombies are in the 84 horde video.

Undead Legacy guy's changes for his mod (includes the UI stuff I mentioned). Yes, he messed up audio for the recording and UI stuff is mentioned starting at 9:25.

Edit: So apparently in Madmole's video the demolisher explosion only did 200 block damage, which is why it was super underwhelming. Apparently the internal A18 build has had the damage changed to 5000. For comparison zombie cop explosion block damage is 500/650/750 (base/feral/radiated). So looking back at his video, he is super hosed if they actually changed it to 5000 block damage.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 5, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

PowderKeg posted:

Have they released a remaining bug count recently? I'm ready to wipe the server and get at it again.

madmole posted:

20 MF's its not looking too good. We'll make the official decision tomorrow. MP and RWG stuff mostly. Junk turrets disappear of a dead body dies by it, which really sucks. Thrown spears against rage zombies goes right through them, another can't ship bug. Good thing I'm doing INT Perception build. RWG 8k won't work on radeon. Some RWG maps have no trader at all, towns spawning in rad zones. We'll get it, but its too much on one guy right now. 15% this Friday chance IMO, 90% chance for Oct 4.

Posted by madmole on their forums yesterday. Link to his post.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Roland posted:

The Stream Event is officially scheduled for this weekend. The goal is Friday at noon CST for the build to be released. We put a password on latest_experimental to boot anyone off the beta who might have been playing on it but it is still an A17 build.

So A18 is going to release Friday (streamers) and Monday (the rest of us).

Link to Roland's post.

Edit: Alpha 18 Patch Notes

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 2, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Nosfereefer posted:

The new build hasn't released yet.

Ability to feel human: dead.

Well the streamer release wasn't until 1pm EST on Friday, so today's release might be around the same time.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
RWG is a lot less flat in A18 than A17 and my first random world once again continues the proud tradition of being a poo poo start. Start in the burning forest, nearest trader is on top of a mountain in the desert. And it borders the wasteland and my quests all go there.

I'll probably end up editing xmls and removing food poisoning from the game, because gently caress that as a mechanic and gently caress TFP for adding a lovely perk to deal with it.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

redreader posted:

I didn't play a17 for more than a couple of hours back when it was super broken. What's the current base method? I read something about having to move regularly? Do zombies dig now? Is a tall small building surrounded by spikes, with a ladder going down to your base, still the best way to do it? What big things did a17/a18 add?

I haven't looked at A18 pathfinding changes, but in A17 it was easy to exploit zombies with a killing corridor. If you look on youtube you'll find a way too excitable Australian guy explain how to build one. Bedrock bases are, however, dead due to zombies being able to dig down.

Coming from A16 to A17/18:
Clay patches are gone and you now just use soil
More vehicles (Bicycle, Motorcycle, 4x4, gyrocopter)
Perk changes
More POIs
Traders have quests
More weapons
Electricity was A17 stuff I think?
Zombies now have a "rage" mode where they have a chance to run faster after taking damage
A17 had most recipes lock behind perks, but A18 brought back books/magazines that teach it as well (can still unlock via perks)

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
In this topic we learn people don't know about the ultimate cheese (in A17).

Also apparently TFP added the backpack buttons for improved inventory management (i.e. Stack All, Stack Same, Smart Stack) in to the game, but didn't add UI elements for them in this update, but it does make it easy to do a drag and drop xml instead of having to deal with dlls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The building you stand in should (eventually) be closed off so the only opening is the opening that zombies are trying to get through, so birds end up flying into your vision and you just pop them.

Cops get called out (if you are playing with friends) and primaried. Because of the layout/only having one opening they should end up in everyone's field of view at the same time. Usually cops are what we actually used guns on (otherwise we mostly used Bow & Arrow because ammo takes effort) because their puke is annoying and you do not want them getting close. In my experience they only explode if injured and not killed shortly thereafter, so if they end up on your ramp you either: headshot it; have everyone shoot the gently caress out of it at the same time; or ignore it until it falls off the ramp and you kill it while it is going around to go up the ramp again. Sometimes they explode anyway and damage the structure a little but after dozens of horde nights using this "zombie ramp" tactic I have never had the ramp get destroyed by zombies or cops.

Jumpers can be annoying but you can do things to mitigate their ability to get in, like by having overhangs over the area where you hang out and shoot from, so when they jump they hit the overhang and fall instead of landing at your feet. Usually we all carried (and definitely equipped on horde night) "Oh poo poo Shotguns" to blap jumpers with if they ended up inside the base. Usually we hang out behind two layers of metal bars or arrow slits which means that the jumpers end up near you but not right on top if they jump in. In one solo game I actually put a hole right in front of where I stood so they thought they could jump at me and did, then just fell to the ground. I'll see if I can do this setup again and post a screenshot because I *really* enjoyed seeing them fly at me, I panic for a split second, then see them fall out of my view.

I've put too much thought and effort into my bases and they are usually over-complicated but I have learned that if you enclose like 85% of where you are hanging out, and have a ramp that goes into that open spot, the zombies will path to it 99% of the time rather than trying to knock your structure over.

edit: it looks like I'll be playing with my friends a bit tonight if my buddy can get the server updated and I'll post a trip report of our new base once we try it out.

edit2:
here are my two posts about it from when I did it in A17:
1: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597545&userid=138697&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post495559390
2: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597545&userid=138697&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post495430773

Yeah that is a bit complicated compared to what you can get away with. You can use wedge tip blocks (2 wide, 4 long) and the zombies will simply try and walk over them, but fall down. As long as the path is over a 4 block drop and they have a way back up you can safely ignore zombies essentially forever.

This is a killing corridor design I pulled from a quick GIS. Personally I don't build mine in the air, but instead dig a 2 wide 4 deep trench around my base with an area the zombies can climb back up. Also mine looks much simpler than that one.

Edit: I wish there was an option to show the drop off on the spear, because I don't want to "git gud" and actually learn where to aim when I try and sneak attack zombies with power attacks.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 7, 2019