Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I've been having terrible amounts of fun with this game.

Do any of the Goon clans have room right now? Currently sitting TH5 with 766 trophies in Bronze 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Right now there are two spots open in WeSpent500Dolla, make sure to type something goony if you request an invite.

Done. I think I wrote something about being terrible, which applies to most Goons in most endeavors in life.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I approve of the new mod thread title.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
500 is pretty chill. They don't mind how much I suck, so that's cool.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Bellmeistr posted:

If you have an iPhone use Do Not Disturb during night hours. I'm sure Android has something similar.

I use Silent Mode on my G3.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

padijun posted:

A few up and coming TH7s in GTC have benefitted from this video which shows how to DE grab while barching so I figured posting it here would be cool:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZAtYTOV4RQ

tl;dw: recognizing DE storage that can be hit after taking out that scary AOE with 2x lightning is more profitable than doing a 3x lightning on the DE.

Along this line, does anyone have a decent barching guide? I need to start because my upgrade costs are becoming so expensive that just waiting on collectors is really ineffective.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Fanzen posted:

Is it worth it to join a Clan at TH5? I just started the upgrade and was wondering if I would just be useless dead weight.

As long as you can have a CC, playing in a clan will always be better.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

dogstile posted:

Just had a war attack ruined because my girlfriend pulled me away from my phone and told me to stop playing stupid phone games.

Dammit why do girls not get how serious my clan warring is

The first line is serious, the second line isn't guys

Why was your so called girlfriend watching you poop? :psyduck:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
They also had a TH8 (I think) that left his TH outside the walls, so I got to snipe that as a TH5. :smug:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
About to hit TH7, is the Mantis still the preferred base, or is there a better alternative?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I have a love hate relationship with hitting a new TH level. Hit TH7 tonight, totally maxed on everything, but I still feel like I rushed because now I have a bunch of new poo poo that's totally underlevelled.

Edit: That TH9 base is hysterical.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Sickness and a silly week of school got me booted from WeSpent (no hard feelings or anything dumb like that, they are total bros). But I'm back and still alive, anyone have room? Pythax is the IGN.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Koss, thanks for the reinvite, but I fatfingered reject instead accept. My bad.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Boywunda posted:

Same here. Barching as an early TH7, with level 4 Barbs and Archers in the 1200 - 1350 trophy range. No noticeable difference since the update, aside from seeing less 200/200 bases thanbefore. But once I find a target, I don't see the increased fire speed of the archer towers mowing down my troops any faster than they did before.

I'm in this same boat. Barched 800K of each last night no problem.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
About to hit TH8, aside from the butthole base, can someone give me a good war base? Not sure if the OP bases are still relevant.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
In terms of research at TH8, I've got Arch and Barbs to 5, and now have 9 days left on Drag 3. What should I go with next? I'm thinking loons, then some DE research?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Geoff Zahn posted:

Well that would explain why they made barbarians and dragons build really fast. That'll probably help keep new players interested long enough to get hooked like us.

Hey Liam, Drags Barbs is not a legitimate army comp. :colbert:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
At TH8, and just got BK5. At which point should I switch from levelling BK (he can be maxed to 10 at TH8) and start doing DE research? For lix research, I have loons and PEKKA left to do, maybe giants as well.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

TraderStav posted:

Nice gemmed base there darling.

My thoughts exactly.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Hammy posted:

Edit: the 20,000 available gems is another possible clue

That's just gnarly. What do you do with that many gems when you're maxed like that?!

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Jaysus posted:

We will kick Guh like RIGHT NOW if you come back

RIP Guh.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I've gotten the vibe that it's bad to research everything to max, as it inflates your "war strength".

I'm at TH8, and having finished Barbs, Archers, and Dragons, I'm trying to figure out what to research outside of the DE upgrades. I'm thinking Giants and Loons, but not sure about everything else, Lightening, Rage and Heal included.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Getting cc troops for wars from you guys has had a profound impact on my life.

Getting maxed out troops in my CC when I was TH5 was amazingly hilarious. Also, your username is fantastic.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Stomping ze Germans was almost as fun as making GBS threads on those Canadians a couple months ago.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Confirming I regret only going full pink at TH7.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I just inherited an iPad 2 from my younger brother. Is it possible to move my account from my phone (LG G3 Android) to my iPad? Or do I go full sperg and start a 2nd village?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Dropped out of GTC today. Really burnt out and lacking the motivation to even tap my collectors anymore. Was great playing with you guys though, generally awesome group of people. Maybe I'll be back, but for now... uninstalled.

You will be back. Everyone poops.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Soulex posted:

So...Wall grind to skulls before tackling cannons or just get the cannons out of the way. I have one archer tower left, and cannons. Then it's walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls walls.

I'm at TH8 and I have maxed cannons and mortars with one level left to max all other defenses, and am grinding purple walls right now. After I get all purple, then I'm maxing defenses, then grinding skulls. But I have no idea if that's the best way.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So my brother gave me his old iPad 2, and my old Apple ID/Game Center has a little TH5 on it. I probably won't play it as much as my main Android account, so is there a spot in LazyGoons?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
So I'm done with purp upgrades at TH8 and now I'm getting close to being capped at 6 mil while I finish my gold and DE stuff. What's a good farming/pushing trophies comp that's a little more expensive than barching? That way I can avoid getting capped til I'm ready to push to TH9.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I'm a maxed out TH8 thats just working on walls and the DE for Hogs 4, what kind of hybrid farming/pushing trophies army comp would you recommend?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Ive been gone for a while, whats the ideal almost maxed out TH8 war attack these days? Lab has Hog 4 going right now, and then can get Earthquake 2 if needed.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

What does zapquake mean?

Lightening + Earthquake

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Seditiar posted:

Apply to Spergs of War, where people can enjoy a level 8 clan and its perks. :getin:

And war the gently caress out of anyone who crosses us.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Haven't played this in months, did they ever fix raiding?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I stopped right after the patch, had been kinda drifting away because the game was sucking up tons of battery on my old phone and I had read that batching was dead.

Now I have a new phone and need a pooping game to play. I'm basically a max TH8 right now (just have walls and spring traps to finish).

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Sounds like the farming comp has changed, but the farming has gotten a bit better since then. Any Goon clans still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
What's the go to war comp for a basically max TH8 these days?