Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKHJ-mmsMrA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXVcOKppJZE

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

korusan posted:

Is this the new opening to Kai, if anyone's seen it?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr78R9nz7Zg

Awesome.

Super Saiyan 3 looks a lot better than it did when it was originally drawn.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TsWA2S-Qxk

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Awesome Welles posted:

New soundtrack kind of sounds like Bruce Falcouner's score at times.

I am ok with this.

Wasn't a fan of it in the first episode, but I need to see if it feels a bit more natural after a few episodes.

I'm all for a soundtrack that approaches the beauty of Bruce Falcouner.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Zorak, you failed this year. I don't see a Piccolo Day thread. :colbert:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

quote:

Kanzenshuu - During the Toonami industry panel at MomoCon this past weekend in Atlanta, it was announced that Dragon Ball Kai (under the standard international title of Dragon Ball Z Kai) will make the shift to Cartoon Network’s and Adult Swim’s programming block this fall.

The company’s English dub of Dragon Ball Kai, originally announced back in February 2010 (almost a year after its Japanese debut), first aired on Nicktoons followed by a more-heavily-edited version via TheCW4Kids block (now a part of “Vortexx“).

The Majin Buu arc of Dragon Ball Kai, currently airing in Japan and as-of-yet unannounced for the North American market, was not mentioned as a part of this announcement.

FUNimation has released the entirety of the Saiyan, Freeza, and Cell arcs of Dragon Ball Kai in double-disc packs and “season” sets on DVD and Blu-ray. At this point, all in-print home releases contain the replacement score of recycled Shunsuke Kikuchi music (from the original Dragon Ball Z broadcast).

Toonami began as an after-school block of programming on the Cartoon Network cable channel in 1997. Dragon Ball Z joined the lineup in late 1998 with FUNimation’s original dub of the first two “seasons” (previously aired in syndication from 1996-1998), followed by their in-house production of a third “season” in 1999, and onward from there to the end of the series and with subsequent series. Dragon Ball Z made its way to other, related programming blocks on the network such as the “Rising Sun” (with the Garlic Jr. arc) and “Midnight Run” (with the “Ultimate Uncut Edition”) blocks.

Toonami was re-launched as a part of the Adult Swim programming schedule for late Saturday nights / early Sunday mornings back in 2012. The channel recently aired FUNimation’s English dub of the fifth Dragon Ball Z movie with its original Japanese musical score, promoting it as Dragon Ball Z “where it belongs”.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And Battle of Gods is finally being released in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJHZekAz3Q

quote:

FUNimation has announced a North American limited theatrical run for the new film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods from 05 August 2014 to 09 August 2014. Ticket information is not yet available, but the company has provided a sign-up form to be notified when said information becomes available.

Stunning animation and epic new villains highlight the first new Dragon Ball Z feature film in seventeen years! Beerus, the God of Destruction, travels to Earth in search of a good fight. Only Goku, humanity’s greatest hero, can ascend to the level of a Super Saiyan God and stop Beerus’s rampage!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
That art style... why is everyone glistening?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp60avoyT9k

English Theatrical trailer for the Battle of Gods movie.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Monaghan posted:

I'm going to watch this movie in theaters if only to hear Chris Sabat's vegeta singing that goofy "bingo" song.

Exactly. Plus, how often are we going to see a Dragonball movie in theaters in this country?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

YggiDee posted:

I was going to check out Battle of the Gods but I think I'm going to wait until there's a dubbed version. I'd never heard Goku's Japanese voice before today and it was definitely something. Did he just keep using the same voice from the beginning of Dragon Ball?

Good news - it'll be out in theaters in 20 days.

http://www.dragonballz.com/battleofgods/

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Shindragon posted:

Hell didn't the movie made him go SSJ? :v:

I believe that was an unused scene.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

visceril posted:

Uh wow these jokes are bad sorry guys I'll step it up

Or you could just stop posting.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/07/28/dimension-dragonball-son-goku-figure-announced/

quote:

In anticipation of next year’s new movie, Toei and Megahouse have announced a new “Dimension of DRAGONBALL” figure for Super Saiyan Son Goku.

The vinyl/PVC figure comes with three heads with different facial expressions all as a Super Saiyan. A halo is also an option, and the figure is posable at the neck.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Yep, that was a really good movie. Funimation did a heck of a job on the dub.

My favorite takeaway from the dub had to be Goten's "so awesome" comments.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'd be interested to know how much of Dragon Ball's current western fandom is still kicking due to Team Four Star's efforts.

I think you're heavily overstating the popularity of Team Four Star.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Shinjobi posted:

It's still hilarious to think Battle of Gods has been successful because of TFS and not, you know...it being Dragonball Z. If you weren't around during its initial run through of Frieza and the Androids...man, it's a huge fanbase that's waited around forever for more.

You mean "its initial run of half of the Ginyu force... and then Radditz", and yes. We waited around forever.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

jivjov posted:

I would be more excited for Xenoverse if it didn't look like every single character was made of glossy plastic and illuminated by floodlight...

My favorite part about this is the fangame that looks exactly like the anime.

WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT IT TO LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THAT

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Yep, Battle of Gods is out today. YAYYYY

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Genocyber posted:

"About the length of your average anime episode."

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Ehhhh. The guy in front of me in the theater was cackling at this line - wasn't really impressed with it. :sigh:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

jivjov posted:

So I rewatched Battle of Gods last night...I'm continued to be impressed by the voice work of Beerus. What a perfect blend of posh and malevolent.

Seriously. Can't wait to see what they do with the 2015 movie, whatever that ends up being about.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Beef Waifu posted:

Reverting to Goku's old design and giving him makeup and red hair is about one of the least creative things in the show.

Are you talking about SSJ4 or the Super Saiyan God?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Blockhouse posted:

the big dog pit bull is in the building

This is going to ruleeeeee.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Why, oh why, do they go for that glossy look?

It looks like a Wii game. :sigh:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Xad posted:

...yep, those two screenshots look exactly like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and it's terrible because it's a similar cartoony shading style. Dang. Guess I won't play this game. :jerkbag:

You're right - it's truly a display of next-gen prowess.

When in doubt, add more gloss.

The gloss looks ridiculous. There was a fangame for the PC that showed how to do nextgen DBZ textures right, and it was posted in here recently.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_nSVsusFQ

A trailer for the upcoming Dragon Ball Z 2015 theatrical film, Revival of “F”, was teased early Friday morning on the Japanese television program Mezamashi TV.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Mordaedil posted:

If there is one tiny of clip of that preview that musters a glimmer of hope in my heart, it is the brief glimpse of Roshi firing a kamehameha.

Exactly. When was the last time we saw Roshi in a fight? The Broly DBZ movie?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Full trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6_nbSEek8

And a short synopsis:

quote:

A fated clash!!
A battle surpassing gods begins — !!!!

After peace returned to Earth following the battle with God of Destruction Beerus, the surviving remnants of Freeza’s forces, Sorbet and Tagoma, approached, seeking the Dragon Balls. Their objective: to revive Freeza in order to bring his forces back to power. That worst wish in history is granted at last, and the resurrected Freeza plots his vengeance against Goku and the other Saiyans… And so, Freeza’s new army advances on Earth, and Gohan, Piccolo, and Kuririn clash with a thousand soldiers. Goku and Vegeta challenge Freeza to a fated duel, but Freeza had attained an overwhelming power-up!

“Allow me to show you… my further evolution!”

Now, for warriors beyond their limits, the curtain was about to open on a battle like none before or since –.

From http://www.kanzenshuu.com/

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Can we talk about something new?

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/03/momoiro-clover-z-provide-guest-voices-revival-f/

quote:

Momoiro Clover Z, the idol group previously revealed to be providing the main theme for the 2015 movie Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F”, made an appearance in Tokyo today to announce that they will also be lending their voices to the film. All five members of the group will be playing “an important role”, voicing angels tasked with keeping Freeza captive in Hell. The group gave a sneak-peek of their characters, who are color-coded identically to their real-life counterparts, and appear among a variety of cuddly creatures in Hell. These angels heavily resemble the character Gatchan from Dr. Slump (who also appears in Dragon Ball during the Red Ribbon Army arc); Gatchan is, in fact, an angel, as is revealed late in Dr. Slump. (At the same time, however, the God of that series has nothing to do with the divine characters of Dragon Ball, and instead serves as the model/inspiration for Kame-Sen’nin.)

This loving rules.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Aw yeah

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

sharktamer posted:

He's 1st form again?

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/16/new-world-collectable-figures-revealed-revival-f/

From the new series of collectables:

Roshi and Tien look great. And Vegeta and Goku have their new costumes.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
The guy drawing the manga for the movie is...

quote:

“Toyotarō” is, in all likelihood, a second pen-name used by Dragon Ball AF fan manga author and illustrator “Toyble”. The introductory manga will run for three chapters in the April, May, and June 2015 issues of V-Jump in Japan. Stay tuned to Kanzenshuu for further coverage of the chapter when it hits Japanese shelves this weekend.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
For all of you asking about the spoiled images of the start of the Revival of F movie, the synopsis of the first manga is up:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-offs/movie/freeza-01/

quote:

Shenlong has indeed been summoned, and before him stand Sorbet, Tagoma, and the Pilaf trio (who are still children). Shenlong tells them to state their desire, for he will grant any wish. Pilaf invites Sorbet to do so, while Mai (under her breath) questions the wisdom of letting them have a wish with the Dragon Balls they worked so hard to collect. Pilaf shoots back that they have no choice, and to keep quiet.

Sorbet shouts for the Dragon to resurrect Lord Freeza, but Shenlong remains silent. Sorbet asks what’s wrong: he can grant any wish, right? The Dragon says that it is indeed possible, but that person’s mortal body was cut into pieces quite a long time ago, and cannot be brought back to life. It would be meaningless for his soul to return to it as-is.

Sorbet is briefly troubled by this news, but Tagoma suggests the recovery chambers currently used by their forces might be able to revive him. His concerns allayed, Sorbet shouts, “Hey! I don’t care if he’s in pieces, just revive him already!” The Dragon is displeased with his high-and-mighty demeanor, but since he has no choice, he does as he is bidden. Shenlong’s eyes glow….

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Aurain posted:

If there's no Rocky-esque training montage, including the steps scene, there's absolutely no reason for Revival of F to even exist.

My thoughts exactly.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/23/official-revival-f-website-character-profiles/

quote:

SON GOKU (Masako Nozawa)
A Saiyan raised on Earth, who has protected Earth from numerous mighty foes. He likes fighting against strong opponents, and the stronger the opponent, the more excited he gets. After the battle with God of Destruction Beerus, he is now training under Whis in search of even greater strength.

VEGETA (Ryō Horikawa)
This prideful prince of the Saiyans. He was once a cruel warrior of evil, but through his fights with Goku & co., he has come to have a proper heart. He burns with an unyielding desire to best Goku in battle, and now is continuing his training.

SON GOHAN (Masako Nozawa)
Goku’s son, an Earthling/Saiyan hybrid. He has a quiet personality, and his dream has been to become a scholar since he was a small child, but when it comes time to fight, he wields a power even greater than that of pure Saiyans. This time, he can’t find his dōgi, so he joins the fray in his gym clothes.

PICCOLO (Toshio Furukawa)
A Namekian warrior. He was once a Great Demon King, the evil half of Earth’s God. He is also Gohan’s master, who raised him as a warrior. Together with Gohan, he perceives Freeza’s ki right away, and engages Freeza & co. in battle.

KURIRIN (Mayumi Tanaka)
The strongest Earthling warrior, who became a pupil of Kame-Sen’nin’s with Goku, and who has fought together with him in numerous life-or-death battles. Now he patrols the town as a police officer.

TENSHINHAN (Hikaru Midorikawa)
A martial artist formerly of the Crane School, who had aspired to become the world’s best hitman, but had a change of heart after meeting Goku & co. He had continued on a journey of training apart from Goku and the others, but perceiving Freeza’s massively powerful ki, he rushes to the scene.

KAME-SEN’NIN (Masaharu Satō)
A legendary martial artist who was once famous as the Muten Rōshi, and also Goku’s master. Now, he lives a quiet life at Kame House. Having stayed out of the battles for a while, this time he makes his long-awaited return and joins the fight.

BULMA (Hiromi Tsuru)
The very first of Goku’s friends, who he first met in the mountains. She is the scion of Capsule Corporation, and a genius with machines, such as developing the Dragon Radar. She catches wind of Freeza’s revival from a certain character.

VIDEL (Yūko Minaguchi)
The daughter of world champion fighter Mister Satan. She met Gohan in high school, and married him after the fight with Majin Buu. Now she is the mother of a child.

No. 18 (Miki Itō)
An Artificial Human remodeled by the genius scientist Doctor Gero with the goal of killing Goku. After the fight with Cell, she married Kuririn, and lives together with her daughter Marron at Kame House. She shaves the head of Kuririn, who is serious about his first fight in a long time.

BEERUS (Kōichi Yamadera)
The god who governs destruction, keeping the balance of the cosmos. If he should lose his temper, he will destroy the worlds and lives around him. The mightiest being, who not even Goku could beat as a Super Saiyan God. After the fight with Goku, he fell back into a long slumber, but…?

WHIS (Masakazu Morita)
A man of many mysteries, who works in tandem with Beerus. He is also Beerus’ master, the depths of whose power is unknown. After the fight between Goku and Beerus, he trains Goku and Vegeta, who seek even greater strength.

ORACLE FISH (Shōko Nakagawa)
A mysterious fish that gives prophecies. It once prophesized the appearance of a mighty foe to Beerus, which came true through the appearance of Goku as a Super Saiyan God. Has a careless personality, and will forget even its own prophecies.

PILAF, SHUU, MAI (Shigeru Chiba, Tesshō Genda, Eiko Yamada)
Minor villains who plot world domination with the Dragon Balls, but are always stopped by Goku & co. Never learning their lesson, they sought out the Dragon Balls, but they ended up getting used by Freeza’s forces…?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/02/23/voice-actors-revealed-hidden-revival-f-character-profiles/

quote:

FREEZA (Ryūsei Nakao)
Once an evil emperor in space with no limit to his aggression, and the one behind the destruction of the Saiyan’s planet. He is a shape-shifting alien who possesses four forms, powering up each time he transforms.

On Planet Namek, he has a life-and-death battle against Goku & co., but he loses against the Super Saiyan Goku.

After that, he turns his body into a cyborg and comes to Earth, but is killed by the Trunks from the future.

This time, the survivors of Freeza’s forces succeed in bringing him back from Hell, but just what is the extent of his power, which has made a further evolution…?

SORBET (Shirō Saitō)
Rose to the top of Freeza’s army following Freeza’s death. Although his body is small, he is quite cunning. To resurrect Freeza’s army, he plots to revive Freeza with Earth’s Dragon Balls.

TAGOMA (Kazuya Nakai)
Sorbet’s bodyguard. Along with Sorbet, he comes to Earth in search of the Dragon Balls.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

WickedHate posted:

Dragon Ball has an extremely diverse fandom. Even within the United States, there's an absolutely huge African-American fanbase, and there are a couple DBZ references in rap. That's why it's such a big deal for Toonami right now, because even people who don't care about anime love the hell out of Dragon Ball. It's universal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtM8XCXSCiM

Cotton candy, Majin Buu.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

bowmore posted:

150+ new posts so I thought there would be a new DBZA

dammit guys

Sorry you can't handle all this Revival F hype.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Let's just talk about how awesome Tien is going to be in the upcoming movie.

quote:

Bulma: Hey, Bulma here!
Just 31 days until the premiere!
Today we’ve got Tenshinhan!

Tenshinhan: Long time no see.

Bulma: Hey, where’s Chiaotzu?

Tenshinhan: I left him behind. I’ve got no firsthand experience fighting Freeza, but it seems like this’ll be too dangerous for him, even though he’s been training.

Bulma: That’s probably for the best. Safer to leave him back home, like we did with the rug-rats.

Tenshinhan: We can’t let our guard down; this is an enemy even Vegeta was afraid of (even if that was a long time ago). Not to mention the bastard’s bringing 1,000 soldiers with him…Who would have thought his army still had that many people left in it…?!

Bulma: But if you split it up, each of you can just take on 100, right?

Tenshinhan: I can only hope it will be so easy…But this looks like it’ll be my first big fight in a long time. I’ll show the fruits of my training!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Has the new trailer been posted yet? Lot of good stuff there, like Krillin kicking some henchman rear end, and a quick shot of Jaco being Jaco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqH20gWGpc

I'm very curious to see Beerus' role in this movie.

• Locked thread