Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Finally got signed up and on my phone, since 360 logins are still borked. First thing I watched was the Hogan heel turn at Bash at the Beach. Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell. We're outta here. Straight to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm pretty constantly striking out on getting anything from the archives to play. I'm trying to get some end-of-days WCW PPV action going.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Are you guys getting any old content to play at all? All I get is the rating thing then nothing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

McNutty posted:

Any solution on logging in on an Xbox 360? Downloaded ok but now says my username or password is unrecognized. I have gold and the account works fine on my computer.

360 not being able to log in is a known issue. I'm in the same boat, except I can't even watch stuff on my PC

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

If I switch to PC browsing in IE (ugh), VOD seems to be humming right along. I really just want them to get the 360 app fixed so I can watch on my TV from my couch.

Edit: Heatwave 99 seems to be stuttering a little, but still okay.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 26, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The day they put a "play random PPV" button on the site will be the day I disappear from society.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I just watched One Night Stand 2006 and the crowd chants and signs were all uncensored, along with plenty of middle fingers. The only things bleeped were Angle cussing out Orton and Ball Mahoney screaming when fell out of the ring.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

To whomever asked about 360 being fixed yet, nope.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

One Night Stand 2006 was awesome. Profane crowd, clearly anti-Cena to the point of throwing back his t-shirt multiple times (and he handled it perfectly as he basically worked heel for the night), the Heyman opening promo, lots of ECW nostalgia acts, a brutal six-person tag match, and Sabu nearly killing himself for the 528th time.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

All this Mike Awesome discussion made me look him up on Wikipedia and I totally forgot he was dead.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Is the 360 app still bad for anyone else? Anything I watch on it "live" or otherwise seems to buffer for a few seconds every 3-4 minutes. I am not filled with hope for WrestleMania.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I want to relive where WCW really jumped the rails into madness in its dying years. What's a good starting place, besides a call to a crisis prevention hotline?

Edit: Bash at the Beach '99 looks pretty terrible, therefore a good place to start.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 4, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The 360 app seems to have been mostly ironed out. I had a few instances of buffering for a few seconds, but it always caught up to "live" within a minute. I am a bit more hopeful for WM.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I am really impressed that the Network held up tonight. I had a couple moments where it would buffer for 3-4 seconds and fall behind, but it would snap back to "live" within a minute. I can't believe they pulled this off, especially since I was on the 360 which was terrible at launch.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

So I am watching SuperBrawl 3 from 1993 for the first time because Vader and Sting are cool and I love that the first match is a tag bout between the team of Steve Austin and Bryan Pillman (uh huh ho hum) facing Eric Watts and Marcus Bagwell (ROOKIE OF THE YEAR THESE GUYS ARE GOING PLACES!) Hindsight and all that.

You should join me on the WCW death tour. I've got Uncensored 2000 up next.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Everytime there are six or more Divas in the ring doing those terribly choreographed spots, I still hope to hear that "cat on the piano" noise and see Kharma walk down to just kill them all.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I honestly didn't bother to watch any ECW TV until "The Show" with The Passion Of Tommy Dreamer and Shane Douglas throwing down the NWA belt. Is there anything on the Network before that worth watching?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Watching it live on the 360 was a chore. Lots of choppiness where the audio would stay more or less consistent, but the video would be delayed and then ALLOFASUDDEN catch up. I will admit it made Bray Wyatt a lot creepier.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

On a similar note, I remember a bit of the Ambrose/Rollins "ironman" match feud from FCW. They had a "Jack Brisco Invitational" medal that was contested by 15-minute most-falls-win matches. My memory is shaky, but I think they drew at 15 minutes, rematched and drew at 20 minutes, and eventually had it settled in yet another rematch at 30 minutes.

I was so excited when I saw them get the call-up as The Shield and they've done even more than I could've hoped.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Chinook posted:

I haven't followed wrestling since the early 90s, but The Shield has been the main reason I watch, for sure. So much talent and style.

I do sort of hope Reigns gets a solo push so I can see Rollins/Ambrose dominate the tag team division for a year or so, as well.

The only thing holding Roman Reigns back from super-stardom is his mic work. If they can ever teach him to cut a 3-minute promo on his own, he'll be the World Champ.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I am going to keep renewing until I get my AWA Turkey On A Pole match.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I just want the AWA Team Challenge Series. Now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Anything from Bash at the Beach '99 on is end-of-days WCW and oh my god, how it degrades. Heenan on commentary still lends it a bit of credulity, but once he's gone it's straight to wrestling hell. New Blood Rising might be the worst show of the bunch from 2000 on, but it's got competition.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

It's been months now, why can't they get live stuff to stream smoothly on the 360? No other streaming service I use (Netflix, Amazon, MLBTV) has this problem and it's really pissing me off.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The best solution I found to watch the Network on my PC was to install Opera.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Look, I think we need to organize a New Blood Rising group-watch via the Network. It's just too horrible to bear alone. It should be at a time when people are comfortable drinking. I'm pretty sure even I fell asleep during it while I was trying to do my WCW Death Tour.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

XYZ posted:

Until Vince buys TNA's tape library and we get an All Scott Steiner Edition of Countdown.

The best use of the TNA library would be 96 consecutive hours of Are You Serious.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Watching MitB 2011 and I had no recollection of Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne, or Alex Riley (?!) ever being in briefcase matches.

I watched this one on Friday and yeah, that Smackdown briefcase match had a really weird lineup.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Halloween Havoc '98 or '99. They're both pretty hilarious. And yeah, New Blood Rising is just terrible. Do not watch that show alone or sober.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

I would pay a lot for a ken burns pro wrestling documentary

Dearest Martha,

Fifteen fortnights I have toured with this company, and still I have seen no combat. They neglect me to constantly push older veterans to the forefront of this great war. I fear we are losing the ground we have fought so hard to gain against an implacable enemy. I long to test my mettle and valor against others even in mere skirmishes to prove my worth to the commanders, but I fear our land and legacy may be lost before I have the opportunity.

Yours sincerely,

The Maestro

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I wouldn't subscribe if there wasn't PPV with the network sub. The old content is nice, but for some reason I haven't felt compelled to watch an old show from the archive unless it was live on the stream.

It's like loving Netflix where I just browse endlessly and never end up watching anything.

This is why it would be great if they would let users set up playlists or queues or whatever they want to call them. I'd be much more likely to spend time with the archives if it weren't such a huge pile of material to sift through.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Dennis Eckersley posted:

I wish the Network would run better on anything that's not my phone.

I'm using my 360 and it has to be the absolute worst platform for the Network. Anything I try to watch live except for PPV buffers or freezes to the point where it kicks me back to the app's main screen with a "retry" button. Nothing else I use my 360 for (ESPN, MLB, Netflix, Amazon) has even 1/10 the problems I have with the Network.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I like the Network even though watching on a 360 is the WORST.

A couple months ago I went on a Death of WCW PPV tear because I remember how terrible those Nitros and Thunders were and hadn't seen the big shows. I like that I can watch PPVs affordably at home. I can see some ECW Hardcore TV or WCCW. I really want to see how much they end up showing of the AWA Team Challenge death rattle. NXT owns, of course. I can get a taste of what happened between when I stopped watching as a kid (1988-89?) and that late night I got home to channel surf and saw Hulk Hogan wearing black and spray-painting people and had no idea WTF was going on.

$10/month is a pretty awesome deal. If you've been a constant fan all these years and you've already seen all this stuff, then I guess you don't need to watch it all again to post about it here. I like it. I watched the Bash from 2009 (?) that they showed last weekend and saw a bunch of dudes I totally forgot about even though I was watching then. It's not a perfect product, and it's probably a lot farther from perfect than it should be. Still a bargain.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

It's total chaos for the last couple years of WCW. Ridiculous stips and ref bumps nearly every match, run-ins, swerves, constantly shuffling factions; it's amazing in its own way.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

They should do a show like Restaurant Impossible where Rybaxel come to your restaurant, call it stupid, eat all the food for free, and leave. You are not helped in any way by this.

I would absolutely watch this.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Russo for You.

Stupid Slut Starbucks.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I watch it for PPVs, NXT, and whenever I'm bored enough to queue up a random old PPV. I really want them to set up queues or playlists so that one night if I decide I want to watch the build-up to WM17, I can build the list and jump back to it whenever I have a couple hours.

If they limited their "original" programming to current dudes doing talking-head segments on new Countdowns (recorded at Stamford while they're doing northeast tours), WM Rewinds, and new Legends Roundtables they'd probably be a lot better off.

I would like to see them do a more in-depth series (maybe 6-8 hours not including matches?) on ECW's glory days once TNA folds and they can get all those guys to talk without breaching contracts.

Also I don't care if it's the only thing they show from AWA, I demand the Team Challenge Series. The world needs Jake "The Milkman" Milligan more than ever.

There, I have fixed the WWE Network. Give me money now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

I've started watching New Blood Rising for the first time

Welcome to hell.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Lance Storm just entered in a motorcaded purple limo with diplomatic flags while people chanted U.S. SUCKS. This is the peak of the show [so far?]

E: Why are there 4 refs? Where is Rey's mask oh noooo

E: Nope can't do it. Shane Douglas in a long strap match killed me. I'm dead now.

You will be haunted by Tank Abbott's nipples for all eternity.

Edit: Just the nipples. Nothing else. Two big ol' MMA fat-guy nips, hovering around your head forever.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

rovert posted:

Apparently on NXT Byron Saxton with a poo poo-eating grin confidently pronounced that "HISTORY WILL BE MADE ONCE AGAIN ON SEPTEMBER 11"

I haven't gone back and checked so that's likely wrong.

Nah, that was pretty much what he said.