Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Sky Shadowing posted:

You weren't watching on two separate devices, were you? If you were they may have called you out on it and cancelled it- terms of service stated only 1 device at a time.

If this is anything like MLB.tv, then that won't be an issue. Between my brothers and my dad, we've had simultaneous streams of that going on different IP addresses for years. I only originally purchased the WWE Network right when it started because all of the FAQs going out said you could have two simultaneous streams. Netflix has also been allowing a few streams to work at a time as well. I'm sure as long as you aren't doing an unreasonable amount of sharing, 5 or more in my opinion, it won't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

No way are they raising the price anytime soon. They are already locking people in long term. I worked for a company with a SaaS platform, and the goal was always to lock people up as long as possible. Lower the price, add more incentives, give first month free, whatever it took to get a long term commitment. With that long term commitment, you actually knew what type of money you were bringing in, and how to adjust future business expenses. It so much safer and more profitable to run a business with that strategy. If anything, they are going to keep finding ways to add value to this service to get more people signing up. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing things like price drops if you sign up for 1-2 years. I know I'd sign up for a year right now if they gave me a dollar off each month. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, they would increase the price if you only wanted to do month to month, but it's always so much better to get someone to sign up for 2 months for $20 instead of 1 month for $15.

Give Vince some credit, he's a fantastic businessman. Already the WWE Network has garnered great word of mouth, getting articles on major sites about what a great value it is. He's looking to ensure the long term growth and safety of the WWE, and the network is the vehicle to do that. Raw and Smackdown on regular cable TV give him all the free advertisement he needs to keep driving home how you need to subscribe to the WWE Network if you are a fan of the WWE. Positive word of mouth will continue to spread. No major streaming problems occurred during Wrestlemania, and that's a huge win. Videogames botch that all the time with server issues on launch. I think there will be a lot of growth on subscriptions over the next few months, and 600,000+ subscriptions is a great start.

Edit: ^^^He has exactly the right idea. So many more eyes on every show now. That is what's best for business.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Can goons please verify that you can have two simultaneous logins please?

I'm in Florida and I use it simultaneously with a friend in California frequently. All the pre-launch FAQs said two simultaneous logins, so that's what I've been sticking to.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

D Lambent posted:

That said, the attitude era did NOT have enough Shane McMahon matches. That dude absolutely OOZED charisma and was shockingly talented in the ring. loving love that guy.

This is the truth. I think some combination of Shane O'Mac 6:32 was my AOL name at the time.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Justin Godscock posted:

I still find it absolutely astounding that WWE hasn't put in an automatic bookmarker so I can watch a PPV from where I last left off instead of writing down a time-stamp. I don't have the time to watch a 3-hour show in one go and often watch in chunks throughout the week.

The Roku app has a resume feature. It's not as visually appealing as some of the other apps, but haven't had much trouble with Roku so far.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Check your bills from WWE network if you reupped recently. I just caught that they have been double billing me since I resubscribed.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

I was just talking with a friend about how the current selections of Raw on the network don't really allow you to take advantage of the MNW episodes or PPV catalog like you should be able to. It turned into a conversation about an idea for a show that I really think would be great for the network. One of the best things I saw on the network so far was the Attitude Week a few weeks ago, where they showed episodes of Raw and then a PPV match that they were building too. I'd love to see a weekly show where they have clips from Raw followed by the PPV match that follows. They could do this for Nitro too. I can't imagine it would take too much effort to get the episodes together, certainly less then the Countdown episodes.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Memento posted:

So just splice the buildup for a match together and then show the match? I mean, they kind of already do that with video packages before a match, but I could see watching a full 15-20 minutes of build then the match. Could be interesting, and yeah, it'd only be truck-monkey work so no need for talking heads or new footage.

That's what I was thinking, more in depth than the video package before the match. Show the full promos and matches on the weekly show that build to a particular PPV match. The footage is already made and digitized, why not take advantage of it?

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

I've never seen the night the line was crossed and I'm hoping that will eventually get uploaded. I feel like that match has been mentioned a lot.

I will forever have the phrase "The night Kimona Wanalaya danced atop the ECW Arena" burned into my mind from all the commercials during ECW. Pretty sure they won't toss that on the network.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

King of the Ring would be great to see again as long as they didn't Billy Gunn it.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

It's more disappointing to see current-day Dusty :smith:.

I grew up with one of Dusty's nieces, and I remember her telling me if you so much as lightly flicked his forehead it would start bleeding.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

pressedbunny posted:

Might I suggest you watch a DLo Brown match?

That dastardly D'Lo and his chest protector! By all accounts that torn pectoral should have healed by now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

People tend to sweep the really bad poo poo under the rug like the Brawl for All

Brawl for All holds up! It was monumentally stupid and ruined careers, but the payoff is Butterbean knocking out Bart Gunn.