Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

idgi :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

We can talk about whatever Current Events you want as long as it stays on topic. This isn't a resource thread, but I want it to be slightly above a lounge thread in terms of content.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Omg we're spying on our enemies. :qq:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

For his next leak, Snowden will reveal that the NSA has been spying on Rosneft, Sukhoi, and Bank Rossiya. :eyepop:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Snowdens Secret posted:

More or less. I think you technically can't say "I'm in the army and I say kill 'em all" type stuff. Basically don't give any indication you're presenting an official or representative view unless you're specifically authorized to. You're still allowed to protest all you want as long as you're not skipping work to do it.

That's also what most private businesses have as a policy, and it's also why you're not supposed to march in a parade in uniform except for Vets an Memorial Day, which is (partly) why there was a stink about marching in gay pride parades. Needless to say, if you're junior enlisted and not General MacArthur it's not really enforced unless you're turbo stupid about it.

Example of turbo stupid:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

In non-Ukraine news: Turkey shot down a Syrian jet that may or may not have been in their airspace.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/meast/syria-civil-war/

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I've been waiting almost 30 years to be consumed by a mushroom cloud. Don't let me down Vlad, I'm so close.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It's almost as if world leaders aren't always rational actors that telegraph their moves. :monocle:

But in honesty I don't know how anyone missed this, even assholes like us saw the writing on the wall for a Russian military intervention after the Olympics finished.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Snowdens Secret posted:

On a lighter note, someone called this the other day

http://beregrus.ru/?p=2282

Better brush up your skills blasting invisible ninjas with laser pistols, because war, war never changes

Tell me more, I'm so close. :awesome:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Denazification broke their little aryan brains.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

Germans feeling sympathetic toward nations conquering the territory of other countries to protect ethnic descendants? That's a new one.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Russian children.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Has Russia shut down our ability to ship hardware from Afghanistan through their territory yet? Because that seems like a pretty obvious and expensive way to gently caress with us.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm going to let Israel/Palestine chat continue in here for now. But if the thread gets shitted up and brings in all of the unsavory D&D elements I'm going to kill it like Amadou Diallo.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Operation American Spring

Crazy people website posted:

Concept of Operations:
Phase 1 - Field millions, as many as ten million, patriots who will assemble in a peaceful, non-violent, physically unarmed (Spiritually/Constitutionally armed), display of unswerving loyalty to the US Constitution and against the incumbent government leadership in Washington D.C., with the mission to replace with law abiding leadership. Go full-bore, no looking back, steadfast in the mission.

Phase 2 - One million or more of the assembled 10 million must be prepared to stay in D.C. as long as it takes to see Obama, Biden, Reid, McConnell, Boehner, Pelosi, and Attorney General Holder removed from office.
Consistent with the US Constitution, as required, the U.S. Congress will take appropriate action, execute appropriate legislation, deal with vacancies, or U.S. States will appoint replacements for positions vacated consistent with established constitutional requirements.

Phase 3 - Those with the principles of a West, Cruz, Dr. Ben Carson, Lee, DeMint, Paul, Gov Walker, Sessions, Gowdy, Jordan, should comprise a tribunal and assume positions of authority to convene investigations, recommend appropriate charges against politicians and government employees to the new U.S. Attorney General appointed by the new President.

lol. Good to see the summer crazy people season is starting early for DC.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

If you're stupid enough to leave the sovereignty of your nation in the hands of someone else, you're probably an idiot. Also, you're making a lot of assumptions about geopolitical dealings with nothing but hyperbole to back it up.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The Syrian chemical weapons red line was incredibly stupid, but that's been par for the course with Kerry as SecState. It'd have been a horrible move to get militarily involved in Syria and in hindsight, letting the red line go without doing anything was probably the right move. There's no faction in that fight that's worth outright support so the best we can do is funnel money/weapons through Saudi Arabia and Qatar and let them continue to kill each other.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

So because much of the western world demilitarized that makes them not idiots? lol. I want to live in this fanciful world where's there's no external threats or destabilizers that could ever appear. I stand by my assertion that if you cede your security to another country you're an idiot.

I don't see Taiwan in this category because they've been developing/buying what military forces they can. Being a small country with a small army is a lot different than being a doormat. Ukraine was a doormat and subsequently Putin rolled in without a shot fired.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Bahgawd I always knew that there Obungler was a commie muslim fascist.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Snowdens Secret posted:

This is what you get when you don't occupy for 50 years. You don't see anyone in Japan trying to make it with little kids

No they just have vending machines for soiled underwear, pay for cuddling, and have sex with dolls. Nope everything is going swimmingly in the land of the rising sun. We should have nuked them more.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yes, yes the Schindler's List video is very funny. Let's keep this thread topical and keep the funny to the 15 other threads that are meant for funny.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Wanted to recover this thread from being buried under gleep spam with a funny quote:

TheImmigrant posted:

Attacking military or police forces is not terrorism.

lol ok man

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

One man's revolutionary is, like, another man's terrorist. Man.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm not going to read into that D&D thread to figure out who they're talking about and whether they're actually 'terrorists' or not.

I don't know either, I just saw that sparked off a derail for about a page and they hadn't even gotten to a second page of content.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Lol if you thought the Geneva agreement meant anything at all.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The international edition of cnn is usually better than the the us version, just saying.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The South Korean Prime Minister resigned today over his country's handling of the ferry sinking.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

BigDave posted:

You mean the president?

Nope I mean the Prime Minister

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

orange juche posted:

Whip quit loving with HDI

The rules of sniper month are the rules. Such is the luck of the draw.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Accretionist posted:

http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/2014.html

Some of that poo poo's as surprising as the 'Let's talk about idiots' thread

Applicant is a 62-year-old employee of a defense contractor. He is alleged to be indebted to nine creditors in the approximate amount of $243,062. He has acted responsibly with respect to his debts by resolving all of his delinquencies. Eligibility for access to classified information is granted. CASE NO: 11-12252.h1

:vince:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Why the gently caress would he put this poo poo all over twitter instead of getting with a lawyer and a journalist if he wants to get the ~real story~ out.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Dantu posted:

OBONGO WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO PROTECT HIS NEW AGENT

That's basically what it reads like. I'm not discounting his story, by many accounts Bergdahl sounds like a loving moron that deserved what he got, but the timing and choice of venue for his story is odd and you can smell the Obongo permeating from the jump.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

*writes a poo poo ton of crap about bergdahl over the course of several hours* I think I should talk to a lawyer!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Has anyone published a who's who of the guys we released to get this idiot back? I can only assume they're relatively high level guys.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

CNN posted:

A reporter asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel Sunday whether Bergdahl had left his post without permission or deserted -- and, if so, whether he would be punished. Hagel didn't answer directly. "Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family," he said. "Other circumstances that may develop and questions, those will be dealt with later."

I mean, at least Hagel gave a reasonable answer and didn't completely suck down the pow war hero story.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Pretty exciting viewpoints coming from the guy that's said he'd resign as a PO if they made him carry a firearm. :allears:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Maybe I would change my viewpoint if I had to deal with someone that was responsible for the deaths of 6 colleagues.

I'm just havin a chortle m8

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Oy don't get cheeky

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

One of your daughters got kidnapped and is probably being raped and abused on the daily? Oh well, ya'll need to shut the gently caress up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What's the story behind Bergdahl's dad? I saw a picture of him linked in one of the articles yesterday and he just looks like your typical anti-war protester. Is there more to him?

• Locked thread