Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 4500 TV Rating 7

After getting out of that loving interview bullshit, Matches hit's the town. First stop is the seediest looking bar that he could find and then, after some bluster and a few rounds for the house, right to the illicit tobacco dealer the name of which the bartender finally coughed up. 2000 nuyen later, he was the proud owner of a whole fuckin box of primo grade real fuckin cigars. Maybe being a loving corp show pony wasnt so bad after all.

Now, walking down the main drag, cigar clamped behind his left tusk, Matches is feeling, if not happy, less pissed off then he can remember being lately. Until the email pops up in front of him. What the gently caress is this poo poo? Missions? What happened to this trivid bullshit? He fuckin knew this wasnt going to a cake walk but poo poo, tonight was supposed to be for some R&R, maybe find a nice big woman who didnt mind some scars.

gently caress, 20k ny isnt chump change, might as well play along, at this rate he might be able to afford a combat bike, maybe one with a humidor in the saddlebag.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Still in a foul mood from being snubbed by that racist loving whore, Matches' mood doesn't improve when he hears the details of the job.

"As much as I love loving around with old loving explosives, that SEMTEX should do the job, but gently caress using old surplus detonators. If I use enough of the 'TEX aint no way some gently caress is going to be able to tell if modern caps were used."

"As for the fuckin guns, any chance of digging up an old RPK or sumthin? Those loving AKs are poo poo and sense you boys were nice enough to jam this thing in my fuckin arm." Matches hold up his right arm and a dull gray counterweight slides out from his forearm. "I might as well try it out in the field. "

He takes out a fresh cigar and begins to unwrap and clip it. "Now, I aint the most sneaky motherfucker out there, but if one of the magic boys can help with that I could slip in, pre-rig all the choppers with charges, then we fuckin blow them all at once. Then charge the gently caress in, shoot the place up a bit to get ourselves seen but not give the loving civis a chance to get their fuckin pants on and make it outside. "

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Oh you and your EDIT. If I could have gotten my phone to log into Orokos an hour ago I would have used my Exotic Ranged Weapon skill to launch a lit cigar right into your smug little face. ;)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Matches just kinda stands there for a second, kinda loving shocked at want came out of that little runts' loving mouth. First getting snubbed by a loving whore and now this poo poo?

Ignoring the runt and turning to Vance, "Yeah, I think I can scare one up. If you can ready about 4 hundred rounds a ammo that would be loving swell. I'm gonna head out and see what I can scare up, how much time we got?"

As he stands, Matches removes the cigar from his mouth and flicks it through the air.
putting a runt in his place (AGI + Exotic Ranged Weapon): 13d6t5 5
And launches it right at Birch's foot.

"Oh, sorry mate, didn't see you down there, though I heard something though."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
[quote="bunnielab" post="427503069"]

Matches

"It will take longer to get from chopper to chopper than it will to rig 'um up. Those little loving birds are fragile as gently caress, even a little fuckin charge stuck to the rotor will gently caress it bad and that kind of damage will loving scrap um. A single kilo of 'TEX will gently caress one beyond repair no problem. Assuming the loving caps work that is."

This assumes that 2070 choppers are still about as fragile as modern day ones, but I assume a blow up rotor is still not a field repairable thing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 4500 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

"Sure, half a loving hour to go score a loving machine gun. Can you at least get me a fuckin pack to hold the charges in? I can prep um on the flight over. I'll be back in a few"

And with that he heads into a strange city to buy a machine gun real quick.

What do I roll for this?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 6280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

Popping out to pick up an Machine Gun: 8d6t5 3

Not to bad. Can we retcon it to say I was looking for an PKP rather then a RPK? I got my commie guns mixed up, I really wanted a medium machinegun to help knock the choppers out.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 29, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

Oh for fucks sake, what kinda fuckin tacky rear end Russian mobster bullshit is this? Why the gently caress would you chrome a loving machine gun?

"Hey buddy, lemmy see that PKP, I wanna see if Ivan hosed the thing when he had it dipped."

Did Ivan the Bubba gently caress up this loving gun. (LOG +: 10d6t5 2
And I glitched, so I guess I bought it at full price, hope it doesnt suck too much!

Matches gives the gun a quick once over, mostly trying to see if the chrome hosed up anything important.

QuantumNinja posted:

You start walking the city streets looking for a large machine gun, and you see Birch duck into a drone store a block or so down. As you come to the intersection, you see an elven man on the corner selling guns out of a large, rotating glass case on the sidewalk. He looks European, and as you get closer you watch him sell off a Remington Roomsweeper to a young Lonestart-branded soldier. He's finishing the transaction when you hear his this Slavic accent, as he says, "Da, thank you."

And then you see it: the classic piece of Russian hardware, sitting next to a great belt of ammunition. It was a PKP, but it had been chromed and modified with a shock pad and gas venting system. Even so, it gleamed in the case, and an arrow reading 6000 floated next to it.

pre:

PKP MMG
Acc 5 / 12P / -2AP / FA / 0RC  / 50c or 100b / 12F / 5000

+ Chrome                                              500
+ Gas Vent 2                                          400
+ Shock Pad                                            50

TOTAL                                                5950

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Matches walks back into the barracks with his tacky prize. He wishes he had more time to look it over, but prepping the charges is more pressing. He figures there is always a AK97 if this fucker goes tits up.

Matches is bringing along the chrome monster, his flamer and 4 refills, the riot shield across his back and his medikit. He is wearing his combat armor and has his helmet. Let's say he grabbed a cheap backpack to hold the provided det charges in.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

After getting settled into the chopper, Matches turns to Nina:

"Hey, any chance you can get the loving shine off of this fuckin thing? I can try and tape over the fuckin chrome but that AR poo poo has got to loving go, loving tack-rear end russians. "

He then begins to check over the charges and detonators, building them into slim, flat 1kg charges, something that could easily be wedged into a gap in the choppers. When he is done the charges go in a pack with the riot shield hanging over them. This doesnt seem like a "get shot in the loving back" kinda gig but you never fuckin know.

When the charges are all squared away he turns his attention to the Strikers, giving them a quick once over. He is going to keep them in their duffle for now.

"Oi, any of you able to hump these for me? I wanna use the charges to blow the fuckin choppers and save these fuckers incase we run into any real resistance."

I have 11d6 for LOG + Demo so I would like to buy 3 hits to prep the charges and check everything over. If this isnt ok can try and roll this afternoon.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

What the gently caress is it with the loving runties this week? Did I loving step on one the other day and not notice?

To Nina: "Well no poo poo I am gonna tape it up but I sorts figured you could loving help out with the loving AR poo poo all over it. We are stuck using half rear end loving gear as is and I would loving love to have something incase these fucks are rolling with armor. "

Turning to Bell: "You know how to use this stuff? This old poo poo is kinda loving fussy." He takes half of the charges and hands them to her. "Just make sure we are good and clear before we blow them, the loving choppers will shatter into a million loving fragments and go pretty far." He knocks his head with a metal hand. "I ain't got much to worry about from shrapnel but I suspect you don't have loving armor plates under your skin." He smiles, clearly trying to be friendly. It is not of the best smiles in the world but at least he takes the cigar out.

To everyone: "I wanna blow the loving choppers closest to the housing first. One, it would be loving nice to do a fighting withdrawal and blow the fuckers as we retreat past them. Second, the loving light show and smoke from them burning will give the loving reporters something to aim their loving cameras at, something that ain't is. Maybe it'll keep the dumb fucks outta the line of fire as well, assuming they aren't so dumb as to wade through a line of burning poo poo."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
[quote="bunnielab" post="427695178"]

Matches

Seeing the ARO shine finally turn the gently caress off, Matches thanks Nina for the help.

"loving tacky motherfuckers, just gad they didn't wire loving lights to it. "

Matches then loads and reads the weapon, waiting for the rocket's impact to run forward and start setting charges.

"The longer you guys can keep the loving guards occupied the more charges Bell an I can get set before they notice us." To Bell: "Try an plate the charges on the side of the chopper closest to the one next to it, If we do that we should be able to just rig every other one and kill two of the fuckers with one charge. If the guards start shooting at us, we can blow the ones on the outer edges to give us some smoke and poo poo to distract them. Don't fuckin blow them unless you are behind cover or laying flat though, I wasn't loving kidding bout the shrapnel these fuckers are gonna throw off. "

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Init, beginning the false flag op: 9+1d6 13
lets just assume I always go last to sped things up. ;)

As soon as things start blowing up, Matches hunkers down and tries to run a bit faster.

To Bell, over com ::I'm gonna try and rip a loving hole in this fence, if that doesn't loving work I'll blast one so ya might wanna stay back, less you can magic us up a hole.::

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
With his lack of running skill and low base STR, I would rather not risk the glitch, and besides, Matches doesn't strike me as a runner, more of an angry lumbering dude.

And if I wasn't clear, I intend for him to try and breach the fence to the south of the now blown-up gate. The intel didn't mention an electric fence and my hope is that he can rip a hole that he and Bell can fit through. The idea being that the guards should be focused on the assault team, maybe letting us get in and plant some charges for a bit without being noticed.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

As the gunfire continues to erupt around him, Matches runs straight for the fence, throwing his shoulder into it will all his weight behind it.

loving Orokos isn't loading ATM. I will try again in a bit. Do I need to roll to hit or just for DMG?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

"The fuckin smoothies always make fun of us for being brutes, even relatively agile motherfucker like myself. But sometimes, being a brute aint so bad." Is what goes through Matches' mind as he rips through the fence.

To the team ::Bell and I are in premiter, keep those fucks busy while we set the charges, I'll get an eta on blowing the fist set as soon as I set um.::

To Bell ::Remember I can't loving see you, keep calling your location and stay the gently caress out'a my 180 in case I gotta open up with this loving shitgun::

Map in progress!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Map!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Hey, how long is a combat turn anyway? Cuz I have 10 charges that each take a pass to set. I think I am going to set my first charge this pass on the chopper nearest the guard building and blow it asap to get some smoke in the air. Then work backwards, retreating to my koolaid man gate.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Per pass, right? I sorta figured it was like that but I had 5 per pass in my head for some reason. So maybe we can set like one charge per turn? Using one pass to set one and then second to move to the next chopper?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Will post action on my turn

Karl posted:

"WHAT'S OUR ETA ON THE BOMB"

::About one or two loving minuets till we can get all them fuckers set, but I'm gonna blow some asap to get some smoke and poo poo in the loving air, then retreat back to my gate.::

Matches continues his lumbering charge towards the first line of choppers, grinning. Once the first charge went off, it would be safe to light a cigar, and this was a fine evening for a smoke.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Free Action: RUN

Matches cuts east heading between the choppers, heading for the fist row near the Guard Outpost.

Upon seeing the two men with assault cannons appear, Matches becomes full of envy. gently caress this scrub bullshit weapons going up against fuckers armed with loving cannons.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 12, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Not going to try and roll 3 dice to try and sprint, Matches clearly needs to hit the gym between missions

Complex Action: Set Demo Charge
orokos isnt letting me log in on my phone, I roll 11d6 plus the "take aim" bonus, is someone could roll for me that would be swell.

Seeing the asscannon fucks running, Matches pauses to set a charge at the chopper he is next to.

To the team: ::Charge set, center row, five in from the East edge, 9 second trigger, Keep loving clear!::

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 4/5

Demo check 1: 12d6t5 4
Demo check 2: 12d6t5 1
Demo check 2, Edge reroll: 11d6t5 5
Demo Check 3: 12d6t5 4
Demo check 4: 12d6t5 5

As the charges begin to blow around him, Matches pauses to light a cigar. It was good to be back out in the field and seeing some action. Its a loving shame he had to blow a buch a loving ny on that lovely rear end gun that he didnt even need to shoot.

Figuring that no one was likely to miss the ammo, he lets loose with a few long blasts into the cockpits of some of the less then totally destroyed choppers.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 4/5

Re-slinging the RKP over his shoulder, Matches leans back in the jeep and puffs contentedly on his cigar. It was damm good to get back in the field and blow some poo poo the gently caress up. He was especially happy with the msg his buddy Reggie sent him right before the mission. It was an advanced copy of the newest Ares arms catalog and there was some sweet motherfucking poo poo in there boy. The pay from this gig was going to buy some loving nice toys.

So on Monday I had a cabby who's manner of speech was pretty much exactly what I have been trying to do with Matches. Dude used "gently caress" so much the word lost all meaning and he spent the entire 20 min ride relating to me a list of all the bullshit he had suffered and exactly what motherfuckers had done what to him. It was pretty amazing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 5/5

Once he is back at his bunk, Matches showers the dust off of himself and settles into bed with a stiff drink. He falls asleep with the ARO Ares catalog still floating in front of him, images of Gauss Cannons, ExExplosive ammo, and under-barrel flamers dancing in his head.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 5/5 Karma: 8

code:
Spending Money: 20k Starting

Upgrades for owned Stoner-Ares M202
Upgrading Explosive ammo to ExExplosive: 2400
Underbarrel Flamethrower attacment:      2400

Incendary Grenades, 200Y per, 50c:     10,000
(for Launcher)

-----------------------------------------------
                               TOTAL:  14,800

Spending Karma:

Running 1:    2
Automatics 1: 2	
Sneaking 1:   2
Gunnery 1:    2
---------------------
       TOTAL: 8

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 5/5 Karma: 8

Having your comm implanted in your head is pretty useful a lot of the time, but not being able to throw the loving thing against the wall every once and a while was pretty loving lame.

Reggie you gently caress, you better be dead or at my door with some whores an' a sack a novacoke, calling me this fuckin eairly. Whatta you want?

Matches is not a morning person.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 15 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Ah, Reg you little gently caress, you know my weakness for new toys. gently caress yea I wanna paw them over, lemme get dressed and I'll be right fuckin over. Oh, dunno how long your gonna be stuck in this shithole, but I found a guy who sells real deal loving Cubans. He wants a loving fortune for them, but what you gonna do? I'll bring you over a half dozen on account of you being such a great loving alarm clock.

And with that, Matches drags himself out of bed, dresses, and heads out, the smell of cigar smoke trailing behind him.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Which one you think I wanna fuckin try first?. Matches grins ear to ear, which somehow still comes across as menacing. He is already trying to workout the best combo of grenades to fire in a burst. poo poo, you could load HE, then two frags, blast away cover, then fuckin shred a gently caress. Or maybe two HEs then a WP, blow out the windows and doors, then start a firestorm inside.

gently caress, this loving thing is gonna be so loving sweet.

This thing gotta smartlink on it? Fuckin wireless capacities? Bein able to loving lob a few nades over a wall, then blow um a second later would be loving great.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Matches steps up to the firing line and shoulders the launcher. Bullpups were always slightly worrying, what with your loving face resting against the loving chamber. But, Reg was good at his job and, to the best of Matches' knowledge, didnt want him dead.

All right motherfucker, show me what you can do
Bug fun with new toys: 16d6t5 6

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Reg you motherfucker, you really know how to make a girl feel fuckin loved. Let me know if you can sneak out for a fuckin drink sometime.

Matches hurries back to the barracks to stash his new toys. Then he heads off to the meet-n-greet, excited only for the food tables.

Upon arriving at the venue and seeing the loving outfit he was supposed to wear, Matches almost stormed out right there, gently caress them and their contracts, let those motherfuckers try and cut his loving 'ware out of him. But moments later, he calmed down and remembered his current mantra, "Revenge is a dish best served by lighting those motherfuckers on fire". And his chance to light said motherfuckers on fire would only get better the longer he put up with this loving pansy rear end poo poo.

Wardrobe, hair, and makeup were only able to do so much to improve his appearance. In fact, the heavy stage makeup somehow made him look worse, like a corpse who's relatives really cheeped out on. No loving matter, he went right into the bathroom and washed that poo poo off the second he was released into the room. The suit was loving awful as well but he didnt think he could get away with ditching that, and anyway, he had no loving idea where they stuck his loving street clothes.

Having already had some time on the new hardware, Matches decides to head right for the buffet and then see if he can sneak off for a fuckin smoke.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 28, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Yeah, parta Squad A3, assualt. And nope, fist loving time at this loving thing. Matches removes a small plasteel case from his jcket and removes two cigars. No cigs but I got a few of these beautiful motherfuckers, assuming you know a spot we can slip outa here from.

Matches figures that making some allies outside of his team might be a good idea, and anyway, with Gunners you usually have something to fuckin talk about.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

Yea, I'm heavy weapon and demo support. Bein big ain't a loving issue if you don't mind taking a few hits every now and then. The name's Matches. He pauses and lets the man take in his scarred face and blackened and charred arms. This usually precluded any more questions about his name. Any way, let's you and me slip the gently caress out a here and grab us a smoke.

Sneaking a smoke: 6d6t5 0

As Matches and Winger try to slip out, Matches, hearing someone shouting over the general din of the room. When he sees that White fucker start throwing plates he lets out a rather unsteathy What the gently caress are those dumb fucks up to?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 14 Edge 5/4 Karma: 0

For fucks sake, a guy cant even slip out for a fuckin smoke without some gently caress sticking a mic under his nose. Matches sighs, this is gone to be fuckin unavoidable, might as well get it over with.

Dazzling a loving reporter with bullshit.: 14d6h5 6
LOG+Weapon History, Edged

He flashes a broken grin at the reporter and just loving unloads on him with an avalanche of technical info. While all of it is correct and actually pretty insightful stuff, his point is to make the reporter feel dumb as poo poo and hopefully never bother to ask Matches for "a few words" ever again. He spends some time on chrome-lined vs stainless barrels, the merits of caseless ammo and the challenges it presents to a military supply chain. He goes off on a tangent about the Thompson-LaGarde tests back at the beginning of the 20th century and how the lessons learned there were totally forgotten until Murphy and Ling released their seminal work "Terminal Ballistics and the Metahuman Body" in 2035. He spends a good bit of time on one of his favorite topics, High-Low pressure system launchers. Starting with the classic M79 lancher, Matches goes though the history of the grenade launcher, ending with his thoughts on the new Ares Omega.

As the reporter's eyes glaze over, Matches wraps up and with a nod to Wings, finishes with So yea, over fuckin all, Ares new stuff I pretty decent, but I will for fuckin ever maintain that the extended bolt latch on the fuckin Black Hood is an accident waiting to loving happen. Now, if you will excuse me, my college here claims he has this hooker upstairs with a fuckin clit the size of my cigar and brother, this I gotta fuckin see.

And with that, he slips off with Wings.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 11 Cigars: 12 Edge 5/4 Karma: 0

Winges posted:

"You know a shitload about your guns, man. I had a choice, I'd want you as my armorer for the sand. Now there isn't exactly a hooker, but I'd love to hear what you actually think of the new hardware. The Omega looks like it'd make a fun addition to an Ares Venture, maybe some light field work, but I still prefer the big rail guns they stick on the tanks. You ever fired one of those things?"

You end up on a balcony twelve stories up, smoking cigars and shooting the poo poo. Winger even produces a flask of scotch, offering you some. "So how'd you get all tied up in this poo poo? I was dumb enough to talk my way into it, thought it'd be better than living in real tanks in the real front line. Somehow, I convinced myself that getting shot at in wargames would be less scary. I didn't account on red sams on the other end, you know?"

Na, never got any real loving time on that new man-portable railgun they are working on. I try to be a forward thinkin, modern sortta guy but gently caress, the general fuckin metahuman track record with new tech doenst loving give one a lotta fuckin reason to get excited about being an early adopter. Like, take them laser weapons that have started to trickle out. Sure, they seem to have the fuckin performance down good, but until I see what happens when one of those battery packs cooks off, I aint so hot to strap one to my fuckin back. I'd give the rail gun a go sure, so long as I aint strapped into it.

Before answering the second question, he takes a long drag on his cigar. It aint like in the trivids, you dont meet some fucker at the crossroads and sign in blood. In real life, you sell your soul one loving drop at a time.

New Contacts:

1)Winger, Alpha Company, Squad B1, Gunner: Contact Rating: 1d4 3 Winger seems like a decent gently caress, doens't run off at the fuckin mouth all the time, and when he does talk, fucker seems to know what he's talking about.

2)Mic Finn, Aplha Company, Squad C2, Armory Tech: Contact Rating: 1d4 4 Reggie introduced me to Mic as the loving tv poo poo was winding down. Said he was a fellow fan a cigars and blowing poo poo up. It's loving nice to have another ork around for a change, all these smoothies and runts make a guy a bit loving edgy.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches

After eating, Matches retires to his room and begins on a little project. See, despite his incredible rage over the whole "blown the gently caress up by a faulty proximity fuse" thing, Matches was always willing to learn from even unpleasant experiences. And what he learned from that incident was, in addition to loving up the operator, point blank ranged explosives really really great way to turn a squad of rebels into some flaming loving paste. But now, thanks to modern cyber-medicine and some fancy loving armor, Matches was pretty confidant in his ability to shrug off a pretty incredible amount of damage. But there are still those pesky fuckin proximity fuses. But he has plans for dealing with that.

I assume this is an extended test of some kind, I have a LOG+Armor(Heavy Weapons) at like 10d6, just let me know what to roll for. He will start with like a mag of HE, Frag, and WP grenades each, doing more as time permits.

This is an awesome plan btw and will not go wrong at all.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 14 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Most bigger things that launch and go boom have a fuze that only lets them arm when they have flown a set distance from the launcher to prevent the operator from getting caught in the blast. Matches would like to insure that his grenades are free to explode whenever he wants them too.

Modding HE Mag 1:
Target 12
10 Min Interval
Grenade Surgery (Log+Demo): 11d6t5 5
Grenade Surgery (Log+Demo): 11d6t5 2
Grenade Surgery (Log+Demo): 11d6t5 4
40 Min Total.

Modding Frag Mag 1:
Target 12
10 Min Interval
40 Min Total.

After nearly an hour and a half hunched over the desk in his room, Matches stops and surveys his handywork. Not fuckin bad. But even with Ares being fuckin reasonable enough to provide decently sized furniture his neck was still cramped. Matches was a good bit over 2 meters tall and it had been years sense passed 250 kilos. Huge for an ork, but smaller then a troll, uncomfortable furniture was just one more loving thing that existed to piss him off.

In any loving case, it was time for some lunch. Matches strapped on his flamer to his belt where most people wore a sidearm and put on his old armored vest, the one with the inside pocket for his cigar holder and the small, .5 kilo charge of semtex he always carried, mostly because it amused the gently caress out of him, but hey, never know when something needs blowing the gently caress up. He found that open carrying the flamer and leaving his huge, armored arms exposed tended to provide a nice subtle loving hint to any one he encountered to leave him the gently caress alone.

Sadly it seemed to have the same effect on the fuckin ladies, but poo poo, no accounting for loving taste I guess.

Matches is looking for somewhere that serves real fuckin meat and beer in a properly large fuckin glass, preferably where he can sit outside and smoke.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 7480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 14 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0
Balls, sorry about that. Yes, it is silly but I am feeling pretty cocky about the number of soak dice I can throw.

Matches, using all of his limited charm and grace, asks for a table on the patio.

Eschewing the liquor the other patrons seem to be enjoying, Matches orders beer, and asks for the largest glass they have. Ordering the largest steak on the menu, he settles in for some serious lunch and a nice smoke after.

QuantumNinja posted:

That makes sense, if it's a little silly. Also, extended tests lose one die every roll. So you should roll 11d6t5 + 10d6t5 + 9d6t5 + ... for each

You wander the streets looking for lunch, and walk past several poo poo holes in the wall until you find a place on a corner near the main strip. It's got an Arabic name, but under it in English it's called "Howling Cafe". Through the windows you see people in well-cut suits eating hundred-nuyen steaks and drinking scotches and martinis at lunch time: this was likely the place. Or maybe the one down the street that was selling dog meat, but this seemed a better bet if loving expensive. The hostess is looking at you nervously, though, like she's trying to decide if she should hit the security shutters before you start torching the establishment.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 7480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 12 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Oi, Mic, grab a seat. Matches tosses the ork one of his cigars. Just trying to get as much real fuckin grub as I can in me before we start spending all our fuckin time in the fuckin desert.

The grub here is fuckin tops but is pricy as poo poo and they don't have much in the way of beer. If you don't wanna eat then let's bug out and find somewhere else to grab a few quarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 7180 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 12 Edge 5/5 Karma: 5

As his comm alarm goes off, Matches guzzles the last of his beer, plays his tab, and saying goodbye to Mic, he heads to this loving training thing.

After the briefing, Matches sits in stunned silence for a moment. loving gel rounds and fuckin gas grenades? What kinda loving lame pussy rear end poo poo is this? I mean come the gently caress on, they are giving us loving armor. And our loving assignment is gonna be hand-holding some fuckers dumb enough to get caught? Such lame loving bullshit.

[i]Matches is looking to get the following gear, lame as this poo poo is:

A set of the Full Body Armor

1 @ 100r belt and 2 @ 50r clips of Stick-n-Shock for his M202. Also a pouch of 5 gas grenades for the underbarrel launcher

4 clips of Gas grenades for his Antioch 2

He is also going to bring along his riot shield and medkit. Unless he is searched he is also going to bring two .5kg charges of Rating 15 Plastic Explosive with some wireless loving detonators.

• Locked thread