Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

All I got was stupid suggestions for a comedy thread title.

What else is a thread title supposed to be :confused:.

Super Robot Wars - This is serious business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hokuto posted:

Original Generations 2 came out just last year, and it is literally the best SRW game I've ever played to date. It has amazing graphics/animations, incredible music, and even somehow manages to have an engaging and entertaining plot against all possible odds. I would strongly suggest not letting OG Gaiden spoil this for you because you are seriously missing out if you skip it.

But hey, welcome to the thread! Get hype for Z3 next week.

Agreed with this. Especially after the delays and them being weirdly quiet about it, I was assuming it would be hot garbage.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do they really need a human to flip the switch that makes the game downloadable?

If poo poo goes wrong, there are people there to fix it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

So someone in a chat I watch just dropped an amazing spoiler:

Guren Eight Elements has a MAP attack now.

A post-move MAP attack.

:getin:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

It also has some cool kung-fu action, especially with regular Genion's Storm Bringer attack.

Storm Bringer is shown in an /m/ webm video, in the #101 General Thread.

vvvv Edit: Ah, well.

But what are its stats like? Is it built like a real or a super?

KoB
May 1, 2009
To me the most ridiculous part is the cleavage seatbelt.

KoB
May 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows of plans to do chapter by chapter summaries of Z3.1 like that guy did for OGs2nd and Dark Prison?

I think the same guy was talking about it in GameFAQs.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Got mine!

Now I just have to wait through the entire work day :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The Combo/Tag system honestly does a lot to make the gameplay more fun since you have valid reasons to think about your attack order and such.

Can you/someone go into detail about that stuff for us feeble non-japanese readers? Worst part about new systems is that I have no idea what to do for weeks.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Cool, thanks. Are the Tag and Combo systems for the whole team or for individual units?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Has anyone translated the D-Trader stuff yet?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Portable Staplefrog posted:

The wiki still doesn't have translated mission objectives for the later part of 2nd OG. I was hoping to finish it before starting Z3.

Are you stuck on something? 90% of them are just "Kill everything."

KoB
May 1, 2009
e: or that^^^^^

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I forgot where I got stuck, but it was not a kill everything. Will check later today.

If its one of the ones with Raioh, lower his health and surround him.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Every time I've ever paid for Fedex from Play-Asia I've gotten my game in less than 24 hours. I got my copy of Miku 2nd in like 14 hours after it shipped out from Hong Kong.

Yeah, got mine Thursday morning after release. Still dont feel like dealing with a Japanese PSN account, but Ill probably figure it out for Dark Prison.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

The W Original is pretty much my upcoming SRW dream, in the realm of the OGverse. That thing was something else.

I cant wait :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Considering 2nd OGs ditches the Kurogane around the midpoint of the game, I think we can assume that they are definitely making room for the Valstork.

Especially when Z had like a dozen battleships, and Z2s had like 5 or 6. It cant kill them to give us another one.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

Well I just got my copy today, much sooner than I expected. Now I need to get my custom soundtrack music actually on my PS3. Is there anything special I have to do beyond dumping it into my music folder?

Apparently it only allows 4 pages of music or something? It will just display the first 4 pages, so if youve got tons you just wont see the rest.

KoB
May 1, 2009
If Im downloading Dark Prison on a Jap PSN account, can I switch to my normal account to play Z3 without interrupting the download?

KoB
May 1, 2009
God drat Zech's Ace bonus is great.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I had to go look this up and my jaw dropped.

"At launch, applies "Accel" Spirit Command to every ally"

I saw it on Akurasu and just had to B-line him straight to Ace. Its just so nice.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Whats this choice I'm getting before mission 49?

e: oh nevermind, just another recap thing.

KoB fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 20, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
How do you combine Gurren Lagann with the CG Dai Gurren?

e: not sure what I did but the option finally came up.

KoB fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 22, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
Finally get Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Mazinger still has more defense :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Based on what I read, Char joins you at the end regardless. I think it affects other secrets like whether you get the 'Fight Destiny' route or get to keep the Kshatriya.

You definitely get Char regardless. I didnt trust him and got "Accept Destiny" and Char still joined.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, the new Buster Beam animation is nuts.

Did you see the dynamic kill? Its amazing :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Anyone know the major differences in the final route split? The choice reads kind of heavy and I'm just wondering

Accepting fate vs defying your fate?

Wiki seems to indicate you get at least a few secrets on the second route I guess.

Secrets, different stages, etc, but the last 5 stages or so are still the same it seems. Not quite as drastic as the Zueth/Zero routes.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rascyc posted:

Yeah I just don't see the point of taking the accept fate route basically but I guess that's par for the course.

Its like the other end game routes, you need to meet requirements to take it.

KoB fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 23, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Am I wrong, or do you need to reload the game when you die after getting the Skill Point in order to be able to get it again?

Yeah, you cant get the SR point if you die and retry the stage.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I hope we get Diebuster. It would be the ultimate excuse for Triple Inazuma kick.

Or even a quadruple Inazuma Kick with Gurren Lagann :allears::allears::allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hellioning posted:

Never expect good things out of women in robot shows. It doesn't tend to happen often.

Godannar was great and Shizuru was awesome. :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Personality-wise Marguerite seemed generally fine (I say this knowing little to no dialogue and going off her attack line delivery only) but good lord that cheesecake design.

The design was alright to me, she was even fully clothed! It was the dumb "push tits together for final attack" cut-in that was dumb.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tribladeofchaos posted:

And if you got enough skill points in Impact CCA Char was the final boss! :eng101:

Scirocco in the Valsion Kai was amazing in SRW3.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Not really though. There are plenty of characters, even in shows represented in SRW, that step outside that role (sometimes they have their own issues, but still), and even if there weren't going 'well that's just the way things are' isn't a good way of deflecting criticism.

Just give me a Star Driver-esque Tau Missile :c00l:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Z-Chips are people.

KoB
May 1, 2009

crowbb posted:

I have never seen the show, but oh how the Z games have made me hate Aquarion so much. It manages to combine the weak armor of a real robot with the inability to dodge anything of a super robot all rolled into one big bag of suck. Then the bastards decided to force me to use it a over and over.

Sorry, Aquarion is amazing hth.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

It's really noticably not very good until stage 28, when the Element powers of the non-main pilot turn on with the Element System. For instance

those aren't on Amata, so you don't get them at the same time as Mugen Punch until then. (It also doesn't start with Mugen Punch, so if he just got it he's stuck with what, Flying Love Attack?)

It also hurts that he starts with 0 kills. His Ace bonus isnt the best but it still takes a while to get.

KoB
May 1, 2009

crowbb posted:

Well since I haven't seen a list yet for Z3 on what the pilot skills translate to (And I can't read Japanese) I haven't spent a single PP the entire game and I'm now entering mission 53 in Z3. I figure I have gone this far without them, I may as well finish it up and save that for new game+. I have been doing unit upgrades of course and have maxed out over a page of units. It's been easy going so far until I hit 52. Which took me 4 tries to get through because enemies were making a beeline at Aquarion and that jet it comes with and the boss types had extreme range and with some luck could one shot either of them, particularly the plane. On the plus side when I finally did it (By hiding both of them behind a wall of my units the entire mission and making sure I trigger enemy reinforcements at the beginning of a turn so I could toast any who appeared inside the wall) I had over 2 million credits to blow on my other units.

Since I can't read Japanese I tend to brute force everything and not use a lot of spirit powers, though I do recognize the damage up and to hit up ones so I will use those for some extra oomph on bosses.

I'll try to give Aquarion a better shot next time through but even early before everyone else's upgrade outpaced it, it seemed awfully squishy.

You know you can put units inside the battleships right?

edit: vvvvv Aquarion can fly when the Element system activates.

KoB fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 9, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
At the end of Z3 do they address Nia at all? Is she still dying or do they just ignore it?

Just finished my second run getting all the SR point and got the 30,000,000 cash trophy on the last stage :v:

Now just have to fill out the scenario chart to clear it completely.

KoB
May 1, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

Symphogear, and busts.

Godannar and butts.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

What does Miracle do again?

Pretty much every spirit activates on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hokuto posted:

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. They've done so great in the past. Even prior games before OGs2 had generic boss themes like The Arrow of Destiny to mix it up a bit.

I also miss all the Insalaum music.

The Arrow of Destiny is still so amazing. :allears:

• Locked thread