Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Rascyc posted:

warning turn your audio way down for anyone who watches this

ouch

It does say to turn your volume down at the 23 minute mark in the description.

That sequence was great though, it's like some kind of Rube Goldberg machine of plot devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I am quietly hoping for Demonbane in Z3.2 UX gave me a taste of the magic, but I really think the eldritch horrors being related to Ba'al would make a good bit of sense. Mostly though, I want to punch things with an infinite heat fist again.

That being said, realistically Diebuster stands out to me as being the most likely addition. Hell, they even have a spare Earth to throw at the giant space monster now.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Looks like Stage 58 of Z3.1 has been translated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A90wx3tNBJ8

It's rather satisfying to see Gatorade the Space Hobo completely lose his mind.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Also always max upgrade all Scopedogs ever.

Always. After all, in the next episode, Chirico brings you with him to Hell.

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 4, 2014

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Ethiser posted:

People who didn't use that attack to kill the final boss of Z3.1 were playing a different game than me.

Yeah, Votoms is one of my favorite mecha anime series so I make a point of turning Chirico into an avatar of Death. And thanks to him getting some of the best cut-ins in the series, he ends up getting the kill on most bosses.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Kanos posted:

one of the most awful and lovely SRWs in modern history

I agree that the R originals feel like they got the short end of the stick but come now. OGG was a mess, but you've got to admit it was pretty great to run around with giant robot Kenshiro and see Dark Brain again after all these years. :unsmith:

EthanSteele posted:

Ryoto and Rio are forming a new cool team with Irm and Ing so we'll hopefully get their adventures at some point.

I hope this is the case, but I have a sinking feeling that the former two especially will just continue to be Original the Machinery Barshem's backup dancers.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Three sidekicks and two protagonists is a problem easily solved by giving the EXExbein a two-seater upgrade.

Only if it gets a bigger backpack with even more pointy bits sticking out of it.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

GimmickMan posted:

In my ideal dream world you'd get Granteed, Belzellute and Coustwell and you'd be able to slot in anyone into that third mech.

No Raftclans, no deal.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Hokuto posted:

Not to mention that they have complete creative control over the story in OG and can take it in whatever direction they want. The wild west days of Master Asia being an alien from outer space are gone now.

I miss the days of stuff like Touhou Fuhai fighting Alberto from Giant Robo. :smith:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

GimmickMan posted:

2nd OGs makes me genuinely pity the megalomaniacal murderous douchebag that is the main antagonist.

The way they handle a lot of characters is a travesty but the good outdoes the bad, I think.

Well, I've always found that Ultraman Zest Euzeth has always been a fairly sympathetic villain since he seems to be legitimately trapped in a cycle of bad decisions by his own destiny and transmigrated memories.

Besides, anybody whose origin story is "wanted to become an Ultraman and protect nature" can't be a totally bad guy.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Crummelhorn posted:

Did anyone end up doing one of those lengthy plot summaries for Z3-1?

http://pastebin.com/fwhsDG0b

There's this, which isn't complete but will supposedly be updated in the future.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

TARDISman posted:

What exactly are the other Z originals up to during Z3.1? That's been something I've been curious about for a decent chunk of my playtime.

Professor Fox mentions that they're coming to "save" Esther at some point.

The others get mentioned in passing, and I think ol' Foxy comments that Crowe ended up in another world during the timequake.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
The preview trailer got translated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5J_TXjhjes

And then there's a second subtitle track with... something going on.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
PV's subbed already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8GJ_vz9cV0

Laevateinn is looking better, I think. My hype is steadily becoming tumescent. :fap:

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

AradoBalanga posted:

It was inevitable. The thing is the most literal application of "Whatever junk we have lying around, bolt it onto the Gundam and don't look back, no matter how ridiculous it looks", to be fair.

Also, I wonder if "throw loving Jupiter at the enemy" will be an 1 ammo or 2 ammo attack.

Better yet, it's not even Jupiter but Jupiter-2 which I'm not sure they've even established exists in the Z world. So they'd have to explain that it exists, simply so that Lal'C can throw it at aliens.

Speaking of which, where the hell is the Exelio-class space monster going to come from? Are they just gonna go "oh by the by, there's this 12000 year old black hole past Pluto that got eaten by a space monster"?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Gyra_Solune posted:

...Also what the hell is that thing Alto's shooting at? Some sort of crazy Aquarion tree of life thing? Original stuff?

That's the Queen Frontier from the Sayonara no Tsubasa movie.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Zambot 3's new ion cannon sure looks Ideon Gun-like.

The Ideon Gun is based on the Ion Cannon, so that's not surprising.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Daler Mehndi posted:

So what you are saying is that it's a 2 ammo attack.

"Jupiter-2 is used up? No problem, got something right here." :getin:

That was one of the jokes that I kept seeing on places like Futaba or Niconico. "Oh dear, we're going to run out of planets two stages after we get the attack."

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Brunom1 posted:

drat it, I'm a loving grown man! I shouldn't be filled with childish glee after that video! :argh:

So much nostalgia...

You're never too old for guys in rubber suits punching each other in colourful explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Brunom1 posted:

Kaworu DOES make mention of Rahxephon in Alpha 3:

He says how the world he was previously in was reborn by the singing voice of a mechanical god but even that world was unable to escape the Apocalypsis; so, in the end, the MX world was gone and, in its place, the Alpha world was born.

What are the odds that in some future SRW, Kaworu will show up rubbing his neck?

• Locked thread