Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nut Bunnies posted:

Vince is also obsessed with looks and age. In 2005 when JR was originally dumped, Mike Goldberg was going to be his replacement before friends told him what a terrible idea it would be to jump ship. Also see dropping Howard Finkel for Lillian Garcia, which at the time was like going from 1989 Ric Flair to Tamina

Mike Goldberg's only like 10 years younger than JR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Mike Goldberg's only like 10 years younger than JR

He looks and is perceived as much younger because JR has been around forever and at the time the average WWE fan had known about UFC for about a year.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Referring to the Miracle video I think.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

He looks and is perceived as much younger because JR has been around forever and at the time the average WWE fan had known about UFC for about a year.

Best thing about the Goldberg thing was WWE was actually going to pay him to no show a UFC PPV. You know, the same kind of tactics they whined about WCW doing during the Monday Night Wars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Best thing about the Goldberg thing was WWE was actually going to pay him to no show a UFC PPV. You know, the same kind of tactics they whined about WCW doing during the Monday Night Wars.

Same kind of tactics they used in the 80s.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Chris James 2 posted:

The Vince/JR relationship is just even further proof of why you don't want any kind of relationship with Vince. How he treats his friends is more horrible than most people treat their enemies

Read JJ Dillon's book if you really want to see how hosed up it gets.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

We haven't looked at TNAsylum in a while but it's dark days over there. Traffic is likely dropping so fast that they've allowed Raven Effect to publish another demented missive, this time about how much he loves fantasy booking:

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/the-return-of-nevermore

quote:

I guess my biggest claim to fame as an arm chair booker happened my senior year of high school. I had very recently found out my girlfriend at the time liked wrestling. She was a very good looking girl and I thought I had a real catch (I surely did not) but we turned on the TV and watched SmackDown that night (or maybe Velocity or something like that) and I saw the Reverend D-Von Dudley with this guy with him, Deacon Batista for the very first time. I turned to my girlfriend and said this Batista guy is going to be WWE champion one day. I’ve always been proud of that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That is really really sad

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The crazy thing is his girlfriend then accurately guessed the size of Batista's dick.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I encourage everyone to send their Hot Takes to TNAsylum. I know I will.

quote:

If you do not necessarily want to write a full article but have an opinion you would like to share, TNA Take is a great way to express it. You can send in your short opinion (about 1-3 paragraphs) on any TNA-related topic. We applaud diverse opinion here and could feature yours.

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/community-driven-content

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WrasslorMonkey posted:

The crazy thing is his girlfriend then accurately guessed the size of Batista's dick.

She had prior knowledge, it's not that crazy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

My friend on Skype who got a little bit too enthusiastic just now posted:

OH man how good would it be if the WWE signed Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows and AJ Styles and had them all debut at the Rumble, with Doc and Machine Gun enforcing for AJ then dumping themselves out of the ring at the end!

I :rolleyes:'d so hard I nearly fell over. Fantasy booking is one thing, giving a Mania title shot to AJ Styles is something else.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The worst part is this might actually be preferable to what we'll be getting :suicide:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The current featured comment on TNAsylum

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

The worst part is this might actually be preferable to what we'll be getting :suicide:

This is not the Cool and Good Opinions thread

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
"Roman is definitely winning the Rumble, no other possibility exists, I will kill myself" is a really loving stupid opinion

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

flashy_mcflash posted:

The current featured comment on TNAsylum

Money For Nothing is legit one of my favorite songs ever. This absolute butchering of the meter, and just general awfulness, makes me very upset indeed.

"Maybe get a blister on your TV remote control finger, Maybe lose some brain cells from watching Ghost Asylum"? He adds enough syllables there for a whole new line's worth of verse. Jesus.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ShootaBoy posted:

I would actually be okay with this, dude's kind of right about Kane getting shafted compared to Taker/Austin/Rock/etc.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I would actually be okay with this, dude's kind of right about Kane getting shafted compared to Taker/Austin/Rock/etc.

How is he right? Rock and Austin are the two biggest stars of the last 20 years. Undertaker is someone who remained a huge star for 25 years as a gimmick wrestler which is really tough to do, and has had some legendary matches and feuds while being a decent draw.

Kane has never drawn, is average in the ring, average on the mic and has been gainfully employed for twenty years, usually in a featured role. That's not given the shaft. Kane has been the most Kane he could possibly be, he and WWE have done as much with him as possible.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So does Kane still have an office job with the authority?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I hope Kane is not in the Rumble but still comes out, chokeslams everybody and leaves.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

No it isn't and it's not even close

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oldpainless posted:

So does Kane still have an office job with the authority?

he lost the Seth match and was fired!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

flashy_mcflash posted:

We haven't looked at TNAsylum in a while but it's dark days over there. Traffic is likely dropping so fast that they've allowed Raven Effect to publish another demented missive, this time about how much he loves fantasy booking:

http://www.tnasylum.net/home/the-return-of-nevermore

quote:

TNA world title contenders for the PPV will be determined like this: After BFG, there will be a handful of Joker’s Wild matches on TV and then the gauntlet battle royal will happen a week after all matches are taped, the winner of this will face the champion @ Genesis; The winner of the Victory Road ONO will be the one getting the title shot at LockDown; Unbreakable’s TNA title match will always honor the original PPV by always having the title defended in a three way match, a random drawing and tag tournament will take place where the winning team will be the two to face the champion; BFG will now have the BFG tournament which starts in June or July. It will take every male wrestler on the roster and a single elimination tournament is held to crown the # 1 contender concluding 4-6 weeks prior to BFG.

I don't know what about half of these words mean but I can tell it's a loving clusterfuck of boring.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

ShootaBoy posted:

Classic WH2K/PSP gold watch reasoning

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

How is he right? Rock and Austin are the two biggest stars of the last 20 years. Undertaker is someone who remained a huge star for 25 years as a gimmick wrestler which is really tough to do, and has had some legendary matches and feuds while being a decent draw.

Kane has never drawn, is average in the ring, average on the mic and has been gainfully employed for twenty years, usually in a featured role. That's not given the shaft. Kane has been the most Kane he could possibly be, he and WWE have done as much with him as possible.
If you use the deceptive list counting total main events at high attended shows Kane does pretty well!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

All the responses are about 1992. :allears:

(Including mine; @WWEVacant is one of my favourite wrestling parody twitter accounts)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Well it is the first time its been defended in the rumble

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Well it is the first time its been defended in the rumble

Are you saying Vacant didn't defend his title? :colbert:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Im saying vacant is a jabronie

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TinTower posted:

All the responses are about 1992. :allears:

(Including mine; @WWEVacant is one of my favourite wrestling parody twitter accounts)

Title was vacant after this Tuesday in Texas

smh

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

pathetic little tramp posted:

I don't know what about half of these words mean but I can tell it's a loving clusterfuck of boring.

Are we sure Raven Effect isn't an alias for Vince Russo?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I bring you

The Bad

The Huh

and The Weird

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008

This isn't really wrong, Naomi has always been very good she just had no one that she could actually go with. She definitely needs a moveset overhaul, starting with a finisher that isn't "HEY MAGGLE LOOK BLACK GIRLS HAVE BIG BUTTS SO BIG THEY'RE A WEAPON".

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Naomi is athletic but always seemed lost/just moving from spot to spot in her matches with nothing at all in between to me

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Naomi really needs to head down to the performance center. Like she has a bunch of potential but she doesn't seem to understand the concept of psychology and needs to develop a new moveset.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 8, 2016

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008
Some time off TV would probably help people forget the years and years that she was saddled with Not Tough Enough Cameron as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JohnnyHardcore posted:

This isn't really wrong, Naomi has always been very good she just had no one that she could actually go with. She definitely needs a moveset overhaul, starting with a finisher that isn't "HEY MAGGLE LOOK BLACK GIRLS HAVE BIG BUTTS SO BIG THEY'RE A WEAPON".

Or at the very least put in a few hours with Asuka to learn how to make it look like an attack and not just jumping with her rear end sticking out.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MotU posted:

Naomi is athletic but always seemed lost/just moving from spot to spot in her matches with nothing at all in between to me

This. She's more fluid than Eva Marie but her transitions are almost as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Do sites betting on the outcome of a predetermined match count? Because Paddy Power are offering odds of 150/1 to bet on Wayne Rooney to win the Royal Rumble.

Yes, Wayne Rooney. The soccer player.

Same odds as Donald Trump, which is probably something that Vinny Mac would book if it wouldn't tank the ratings forever.