Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm not reading any of that. Lance Storm is so boring that I don't even want to bother reading him going full pants on head insane.

Let me sum it up for you: Lou Gehrig didn't work out enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

oldpainless posted:

I was a fan of Kronik :downs:

You must have been because it takes some serious drug use to like that tag team.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The argument that anyone could get a reaction with the pipe bomb promo is absurd because Punk came up with the promo. He wasn't handed the script; they were his words. That's like saying that the Rolling Stones weren't that great because anybody could have played "Satisfaction" and people would have liked it. It discounts the fact that the end product was the direct result of Punk's creative output.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

If I remember right, he didn't always take the traditional flat back bumps because he felt they weren't realistic for every situation. Some people perceived this as him not being able to work.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

When I was a kid I always wanted to drink beer cause my dad did and smoke cause my dad did and wear a bra around the house cause my dad did.

Did you have dogs and a pool area? :ohdear:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

coconono posted:

Murder Vince in his sleep and fire Kevin Dunn into a volcano.

Do you really think that striking him down wouldn't just lead to him returning stronger?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mods, rename me Wild Pegasus Consciousness.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

:laffo: at the El Rey Network part

TNA is propping up the industry at this point. That much is obvious.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

ayn rand hand job posted:

nah that was cm punk

BITW =/= GOAT, hth

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Brussels sprouts are awesome when you cook them properly :colbert:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Sauerkraut only good cabbage dish

I hope hot dog-related tangents aren't bannable offenses

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

coconono posted:

Joe Rogan and Dixie Carter show.

"This company is done. There is no way they can escape this Russo mess...oh wait they are out of it."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

They pushed him really hard and did a lot of things to make him look special so it's not like it's shameful if a fan was super into him. They gave him a special theme, a motorcycle and as usual he rarely lost. If he didn't get over with all that it'd be quite the story.

Also ABA let Taker start working a different in ring style. His early time in the gimmick sucked but he also had good matches with the likes of Angle and Lesnar (not hard to do granted) that likely never would have happened as the Deadman. Thankfully Kane killed him and he returned but maintained his moveset.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

There is no way that the dude hired specifically to get that mask money is going to become a flippity Zohan.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That pay is nowhere near what he would make for a UFC fight when you factor in the massive PPV bonus that he would get because he is the biggest draw the UFC ever had. If money was the only factor, Brock would have gone back to MMA. Re-signing is the happy medium between getting paid a fuckton of money and not working that much/getting punched on the dome.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

who would want to watch young vs. roode in 2015

It's a confluence of elements: Young has always been very charismatic and Roode has quietly become a great wrestler and some people suffer from massive brain damage.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

I'd rather join Heaven's Gate.

At least you'd get some Nikes. All the TNAMecca posters are going to die in the iMPACT Zone while wearing Skechers.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The fact that Madden worked in wrestling and doesn't understand that flip modifiers multiply damage is shameful.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

Lucha Underground gets about 35,000 viewers on Wednesdays.

Great art isn't always appreciated in its time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This may be peak internet.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

epitasis posted:

lol yeah he's a giant fuckin moron

measured, sustainable growth = "seedy"

I agree. I know I won't step foot in a family run restaurant because they have no aspirations of going national with their business. loving shady rear end mom and pops.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Spermgod posted:

it begins

I like the idea that someone would flip to a channel an hour early just because a show airs before their favorite show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I was curious as to how many followers Dixie had and it is 333K :psyduck:

This does, however, mean that more people follow Dixie on Twitter than watch her awful loving show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

NomDePlume is special

Please don't dox people by quoting confidential school records.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mods please take their faces...off

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MotU posted:

I almost got into a fistfight at work over which of the Lay's flavors were the best this year

I've only been able to find the gyro and it was disgusting. It would be better marketed as garbage flavor.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Yeah gently caress 51% percent of the world's population and then another 10% of wrestling's fan base too!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

One time I was in a parking garage and a dude rolled up in a tricked out import blasting Gangrel's music. Probably one of the coolest moments of my life.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

ayn rand hand job posted:

why do you want to give Rob Schneider more work

Xavier Woods as Rob Schneider
Big E as Ernie Reyes, Jr.
Kofi as Ernie Reyes, Sr.
The Trombone as Tone Loc

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

poo poo, if Dynasty has literal dragons and people rising from the dead, then maybe I need to watch me some Dynasty.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

There's no reason outside of bone headedness that the Raw womens division shouldn't be really great and interesting.

NXT Womens division elevated itself from "haha, this is a lot better than the Raw Divas" to "holy poo poo, this is the best part of NXT" over the last six months, and this is all it took:

- Becky Lynch becomes #1 contender
- A couple of segments culminating in a contract signing/brawl. Nice video package.
- A really close match where Becky came up just short.

- Bayley becomes #1 contender
- A couple of segments culminating in a contract signing/brawl. Nice video package.
- A really close match where Bayley wins

- Sasha requests rematch. Granted. Main Event! Ironman!
- Nice video package.
- A really close match where Bayley wins

Super, super basic booking. It wasn't even given all that much time outside of Bayley's winning streak (The ironman build was literally one live segment and video packages). They just set the matches up and let the wrestlers do their thing.

All of this requires treating women as athletes and well-rounded characters, which is impossible for those in charge on the main roster. The most telling thing is that all main roster women's matches are prefaced with, "The following is a DIIIIIVAS match..." instead of the standard, "The following is a one fall/tag match/etc." Once you treat the match as some sideshow attraction, it will never be taken seriously by the audience.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

CoolCat posted:

Stiff shot.

Just banter

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Davros1 posted:

Same place Christopher Daniels did, I presume.

If appletinis are the key to youth, then I am fine going gray.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

It's his dick

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Did Consequences Creed and Nash cross over in TNA? Xavier is definitely the best because he's over and only has to take like 3 bumps a week. He might have studied under the grand master.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Even if Bryan could have a final match without risking any physical harm, the idea that he'd have it in a promotion that he never worked for is utterly laughable.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Also, I think she snuck in and got rolled up immediately. Wrestling logic has always held that attempted interference thwarted by a babyface attack is not a DQ.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

keevo posted:

Did the WWE ever address the original issue where they were getting paid way less compared to every guy on the roster?

Based on the WWE being a company in the US, the answer is no.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Shameful, shameful posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why does anyone, anywhere need another Mark Jindrak

Maybe somebody wants to replicate the greatness of Velocity twice and that would require two Reflections of Perfection?