Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Naerasa posted:

I would appreciate if this game is the game where peach's daisy alt finally has the obnoxious daisy voice

Peach should also have a Pink Gold Peach alt with that warbled voice. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Endorph posted:

Retro game prices have nothing to do with quality, for the most part. Heck, to a certain extent quality lowers price, since if something is good it has a better chance of selling well while it's new, and therefore causing more copies to be produced - meaning it's less valuable in the secondhand market.

Tell it to Xenoblade

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Reiley posted:

Ike is only attacking women in his screenshot gallery. Is that a thing from Fire Emblem?

:rolleye:

Ike attacks three people in his screenshots. Two of them are women (Samus and Sheik), one is a man (Little Mac).

I think you're just looking for something that isn't there.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Why can Olimar be blown up by a factor of dozens to partcipate in the game, but Ridley not shrunk down for the same purpose?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Lessail posted:

Ridley will not be playable because Sakurai personally hates every single one of you :)

edit: same with waluigi

edit: and all those other characters you love

I'm still holding out hope my favorite Pocket Monster will make it in.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Maybe scorpion203 is Sakurai's online handle, and it's his personal e-mail address.

Pokémon number 203 is Girafarig, it must be a hint that that is the new challenger.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That thing is real, yeah. There's another stage in between, a purple feathered komodo dragon-looking thing

Pretty cool and not too big to be a Smash Bro (look at the bottom middle sketch with Samus).

Ridley might just get in after all. Its middle evolution, like Ivysaur, Jigglypuff and Pikachu.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

PantsBandit posted:

By classic, do you mean the design from Melee? Because that's based on a way older game than WW and there hasn't been a more recent design of the character since other than LBW.
What about Skyward Sword Link?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Not a Children posted:

Put Banjo-Kazooie in. Dammit. That's all I want, now and forever

They're Microsoft properties now. They could replace them with Ursaring-Talonflame, though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Echo Chamber posted:

Seriously, I hope it's some character not mentioned in any of the supposed leaks and it represents a new franchise for the series and comes totally out of nowhere.

The eShop shopping bag.

"I carry my own weight!" will be his taunt.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bicyclops posted:

The Mii Fighters and Pac Man are freaking awesome though

Pac-Man is, but Miis are the lamest thing Nintendo has ever invented.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shelf Adventure posted:

The miis are the main part of Nintendo's most influential and successful new IPs in recent years. They absolutely deserve a place.

Nobody in the world bought Wii Sports (i.e. the Wii itself, really) for the Miis. By your logic the real newly playable character should be the Wiimote, which would equally dumb.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shelf Adventure posted:

No, by my logic it should be the character that best represents wii sports. You know, the characters from it.

I don't even consider them actual characters, tbh. Might as well include the tennis racket or the golf club. With googly eyes, classic Rare style.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MinibarMatchman posted:

Unironically want this

For his Final Smash he eats a plate of human babies. It doesn't do any damage but all the other players just forfeit in horror.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The female Robin's face looks a lot like Carey Mulligan's.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spatula City posted:

Can we talk about how it seems like Nintendo has made a deliberate effort to include more female characters (and/or female skins for characters)?

They should have had Brittany as an alternate skin for Olimar, I don't understand why they didn't considering they did do it for the Wii Fit Trainer, AC Villager, etc.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Endorph posted:

We don't know they didn't, yet.

Yes we do, Sakurai flat out stated she won't be playable but just a trophy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Reiley posted:

I wish the female characters' faces would come in styles other than Peach, Villager or Generic Female.
The Pokémon in the game like Charizard could well be female. :v:
The only one confirmed male is Pikachu, because of its tail. Female Pikachu have heart-shaped tails.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

They're like those twins from Black Lagoon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Remember too that Fire Emblem had two reps in melee when Kirby was still rolling solo.

I couls see it go either way. Though we already have the most iconic akirby characters except for.... Prince Fluff or a waddle dee? Who else is there really?

The main villain from Triple Deluxe would fit right in as a playable character in SSB. They could lift her moveset from that game as well and wouldn't even have to invent anything new, since she already has such a massively varied arsenal of moves and attacks.

Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede and her would be the perfect lineup.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Excels posted:

I would personally like them to relax on the Skyward Sword references for a while. I thought it was okay but as I understand it's not exactly the most popular in the Zelda community?

Some Majora's Mask love wouldn't kill you, Nintendo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Leadthumb posted:

Getting actual Ganon instead of Ganondorf would be amazing.

And then they could also make a clone of that and include it as the third Donkey Kong character: Wizpig from DKR.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Oxyclean posted:

I still don't hear much praise for Skyward Sword.

What about all the rave reviews that propelled it to a whopping 93,25% average rating on GameRankings.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

liquidypoo posted:

:aaa: I did not get that reference until you spelled it out. That's awesome.

IDGI, what does it refer to?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Supersonic Shine posted:

Captain Falcon fighting Chrom, Robin, and Lucina makes some sense if you think about it too much. Split-second decisions and staying in motion vs. taking time to plan out your next moves. Falcon and the FE characters represent games with drastically different paces.

Now I want F-Zero Tactics and Fire Emblem Kart

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm confused about Lucina. It only showed her for a few seconds in the video but the moves they showed were what Marth's always used. Is she just a reskin of him?

She'll probably have different speed, weight etc. and play differently that way, and have slightly different attacks. Like Ness/Lucas, Fox/Wolf/Falco, etc. in the past.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Wild Knight posted:

2000 new posts and not one person has pointed out that "____ Brings the Thunder!" is a line that Sakurai has used before?

You know who else brings the Thunder

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Robin's sword is the same shape as Pikachu's tail :tinfoil:

Now we know what happened to Pichu

(Robin used a Thunder Stone on it and then cut off its tail to forge into a Thunder sword)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's also not impossible that Rayman is an assist trophy because a Ubisoft character is in the game and currently unannounced

The Prince of Persia parkours onto the scene!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE loving MOON posted:

I forget, did they ever show off Charizards final smash? Is it a mega-evo?

Yes, it's Mega Charizard X.

I hope Y is in as well (and the final smash triggers one or the other at random) but they haven't shown it yet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso posted:

I wonder, with the inclusion of all these female alt costumes if we'll get a Mrs Pacman as well?

It's Ms. Pac-Man. She is an independent woman, thank you very much.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Now that Jigglypuff haa a new typing (Normal/Fairy) they can give it some cool new attacks that come with that like Dazzling Gleam, as well as immunity to Charizard's final smash (since it's a Dragon). I hope they shake it up a little bit compared to Brawl.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Anatharon posted:

One of them has to be Simon Belmont or Alucard or Shanoa right? :negative:

Jonathan and Charlotte will be in together, they will be clones of Popo and Nana.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE loving MOON posted:

Sorry, but Chrom's canon-wife is the nameless villager.

Indeed.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Endorph posted:

Did Fox have his Japanese or English voice acting?

What about Pikachu

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Leadthumb posted:

I wish somehow they could put a black mage in because of that basketball game nintendo made with square. The old final fantasy games are pretty iconic.
They could put in Vivi since he co-stars in a 3DS game (Theatrhythm)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso posted:

Where is Wario Sakurai :mad:

Wario is playing hardball and holding out until Sakurai adds Waluigi as well.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Endorph posted:

Pokemon's villains are all human with the Pokemon just being their tools, so even including Kyogre or whatever wouldn't be a real villain

Greninja is a Dark-type (Evil type in Japan)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

I have to say, I wish Sakurai shared this globally and not just to the Japanese press.

He did. It's not new information.

E:F,B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really not sure where you're getting "Ike has more enduring popularity" considering Chrom frequently outranks him whenever there's a cross-series FE popularity poll. It was a legitimate surprise he wasn't cut from the game and it would be again next game. That doesn't mean Chrom will be in the next game either but Ike seems like he's more the result of Sakurai not wanting to drop characters. (Which bodes well for other characters as well, honestly.)

I though Brawl Ike was the GameCube version and SSB4 Ike was the Wii version? (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, respectively)
That may have contributed to keeping him around. It's like how we went from OoT Link to TP Link between Melee and Brawl.

• Locked thread