Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

+1 for Incognito , Bielema , Rovell , and the 12th Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

+5 for 12th Man , because not only is it douchey, but they pay Texas A&M for the privilege...

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I'd wondered which came first. They have to pay for it too? It would have been cheaper just to give it a different name. That is dumb.

A&M's use is definitely much older (but I'm pretty sure they didn't come up with it either). A&M trademarked it sometime in the 80s and sued the Seahawks over it semi-recently and they settled. I think the Seahawks had to pay a lump sum for their previous uses and then yearly fees to keep using it.

So yes, dumb school trademarks dumb idea. NFL team decides it absolutely has to latch onto dumb idea and uses it. NFL team gets sued over it, settles, and then licenses dumb idea from dumb school.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Voting for Shanahan because he may have deprived us of more of this (plus he looks like a tomato):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEepmb-KlDc

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Pete Prisco

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Brandon Meriweather, because his douche-iness is the most football related.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

GenHavoc posted:

Well I do watch college football and have literally never heard of this Bielema rear end in a top hat until this moment. But given the other caliber of douches in this tournament, I have every faith I'm going to be doing a whole lot of not voting for him.

Seriously? He coached the Badgers forever, was in multiple major bowl games (at least 2 Rose bowls off the top of my head). He recently left for Arkansas and sort of dropped off the face of the earth (aside from the aforementioned douchey statements).

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

GenHavoc posted:

Yes, seriously. I follow the Pac-12 primarily. If he were the coach of Oregon or UCLA I would know who he was. But there's three hundred and fifty colleges in the country and I haven't memorized the head coaches of every one of them, not even the ones who are occasionally in a Rose Bowl. It's hard enough keeping the 32 NFL teams straight, and especially not if he's one of the rotating cavalcade of failure that seems to run through Arkansas for some reason.

There is no question that what he did was douchy, but that's true of everyone else in this damned tournament.

Sheesh, no need to freak out. I was just commenting that he wasn't really an obscure coach at an obscure program. He was consistently coaching ranked teams (with multiple "star/hyped" players), playing in major bowl games, and even being nominated for coaching awards and honors that it would be strange for someone who "watches college football" to not have heard of him. I probably just have unrealistic expectations for the extent of what "watches college football" means to the average person.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Incognito, mostly because stories about him dominated football over the last year. It seemed like every week a new story dropped. Then, just when it most seemed to be over, even more things came up with the report and he attacked his car.

Basically, this was Incognito's defining year as a douche, and I'm certain that Lewan, who had a breakout rookie season, will put up even douchier numbers in the future and earn his place.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

This would be a lot closer of a debate in my mind, but I read this yesterday ( http://grantland.com/the-triangle/arian-foster-wants-to-free-the-cats/ ) and it made me laugh too much, so I vote for Aldon Smith

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Ray Rice, haha as if this vote matters

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

tarbrush posted:

Jameis Winston because:
a) rape
b) Florida
c) theft
d) Seahawks fans

Jameis Winston for pretty much all these reasons.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Greg Schiano, because he seems like a pure, distilled douche, whereas the Factory of Sadness feels like a stale, watered-down, knock-off douche. Both are still douches, but one is clearly inferior.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I think Douche4Sale should automatically have all of his votes count double.

I don't know about double, but maybe +1 per vote.

Haha, well clearly I can spot a Grade A DoucheTM as a reputable purveyor in vaginal irrigation implements.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Benson is clearly the douchier of the two.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Thaddius the Large posted:

Sorry, but Dolphins Front Office went all Joe Flacco in the '12 playoffs and unleashed the dragon at just the right time to finish strong, Haslam had a good start but blew his wad waaaaay too early in the season.

I was really torn on my vote (much moreso than others it seems), but this convinced me. So Dolphins Front Office, for consistent and reliable douching all season long as opposed to just a douche and run.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Bret Bielema, because I'm still not really sure what Fisher's transgressions are (outside of petty division rivalries) and vague "he wants his players to hurt guys", whereas Bret has a good list of specific douchey actions and statements.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Febreeze posted:

This is a story I did not know and would like to know more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/19/chris-johnsons-fantasy-owners-should-thank-espn-jack-del-rio/

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Wanvig posted:

Rovell mainly for those awesome fake tweets.

Almost went with this, but I can't vote against my conscience, which knows Prisco is the douchiest of the two.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Going with Cowherd because he has greater exposure, thus allowing for a wider range of spraying from his douche mouth. Plus, this just feels like the year he finally gets out of the first round.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Phil Mushnick

Is Hines Ward up here because he used to play for the Steelers?

Phil Mushnick.

I was never a fan of Ward, mostly because of him being a Steeler, but I'm not really aware of him doing anything douchey specifically in the past year, aside from uh, existing? I seem to recall he was sort of ok when he was on dancing with the stars, but honestly I was drinking a lot during those shows, so my memory is fuzzy.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Reilly, because he needs to go out as king of douche mountain.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Ole Miss

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Douche of the year is about what has happened in the last year. While you can make an argument to put ND in the tournament every single year for merely existing, as poster Homestar Runner has eloquently done, they have not done anything this year, especially compared to last years championship season.

Therefore, my vote goes to Northwestern Apologists

Yeah, I feel like if anything Notre Dame had a down year for douchebaggery. Northwestern Apologists, because really a major story like this deserves to get out of it's first matchup.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

TPD

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

12th Man. For all of the reasons listed, especially throwing crap at an injured player being carted off the field, that led to the nomination.

Everyone roots for a team. However, giving the fanbase a name and identity for solidarity is douchey. The fanbase doesn't need a name and their identity is rooting for their team. Nothing wrong with "Seahawk fans" etc. Most football stadiums are loud. Fans cheer for their team. There is nothing special about Seahawks fans. Yet they pay money every year to Texas A&M for the privilege of using the term 12th man; that is douchetastic.

http://www.nflshop.com/Seattle_Seahawks_Jerseys/Nike_Seattle_Seahawks_12th_Fan_Limited_Jersey_-_College_Navy
is a thing that exists and is one of the top selling jerseys for the Seahawks. Any person who buys that is a gigantic douchebag.

They refer to themselves as "12s", somehow taking the douchey 12th man concept and finding a wormhole of doucheitude that allows them to defy conventions of physics of logic and become even douchier somehow.

On top of all of this, they won the Super Bowl this year, meaning that there are even more 12s running around than ever. This is the year to recognize the true douchetacular nature of the 12th man.

Bama fans didn't do anything of note this year, except being typical, obnoxious Bama fans. Just like Notre Dame, or if you want other NFL douche material, the terrible towel, they too are strong in the douche. But over the past year, their douchebaggery pales in comparison to that of the "12s" that comprise the 12th man

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Kalli posted:

Richie Incognito is the platonic ideal of the douchebag.

Yeah, Richie Incognito for being peak douche.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Febreeze posted:

That's what I thought. We don't actually know. This is a tough fight.

This is essentially the toughest battle we've ever had. Lets look at this:

Jameis Winston
-Apparently a douchebag, goes on shooting sprees with pellet gun. acts like immature college student
-is viewed as savior and not punished for his actions because football
-crab legs
-may have raped someone, but we will never know for sure. He was never charged.

Rice
-Up to this point is supposedly a boy scout, no prior offenses to this
-actually is charged
-actually has evidence of dragging wife out of elevator. Remember, he dragged her out, he didn't carry her
-the wife then apologized for being smacked around
-but both are being charged

We don't know exactly what happened in that Elevator. Maybe the wife actually was assulting him and Rice got in a lucky shot. We also don't know if Jameis actually raped that girl. But what we do have is video evidence of the aftermath of Rice's incident which makes him look just awful. We also have Ray Rice actually getting charged.

When I don't know the truth to either, I'm going to pick the one with slightly more evidence. If Jameis is a rapist, then he deserves it, but we just don't have any real clue here. Ray Rice

To be fair, they are all coming from the Ravens PR office, and everyone is slamming them for it.

I was having a similar back and forth in my mind and this helped clinch it for me. Ray Rice

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Greg Schiano

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Bielema feels like a bigger douche, whereas the DFO just seems ignorant/incompetent.

Bielema is still a douchebag, but I forgot about them changing the insurance coverage in a super specific way so they could deny coverage to one guy's sick wife. That is supremely douchey. DFO

Douche4Sale fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 8, 2014

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Oh right; was phoneposting and just skimmed through stuff and forgot about the medical insurance stuff, since most people were talking about the Incognito debacle. That definitely tips the scales.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Rovell because that entire twitter crap and going after the kid by contacting his university is the epitome of douchey.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Rick Reilly. because he should go out as a top douche.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

OLE MISS

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Luckily this is a douche tournament, not a 'who did the most heinous act' tournament

12th man

Yeah, the 12th man epitomizes the word douchebag at this point.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Richie Incognito because he epitomizes a douchebag and put forth a word-class douchey year. He was so douchey, you could practically make an argument for the award to be renamed Incognito Douche of the Year...

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I am completely torn. I'm horrified by both the DFO and Schiano.

I know, jesus, what a choice.

I think I'm going to go with Schiano because he ruined lives, epitomizes douche more than evil, and is a singular douche as opposed to a collective of individuals that did douchey things (i.e. more concentrated douche).

Honestly though, I could go either way and can't really argue with anyone for going DFO...

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Incognito should win the whole thing.

Yeah, Incognito is gonna go all the way.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Darren Rovell because we can tweet him the results if he wins.

Yep, was going to vote Darren Rovell anyway, but this sealed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

Don't let the late push make you forget that Richie Incognito is basically The Embodiment of Douche

Yeah, Richie Incognito defined the word douche this past year. Rovell, while still a huge douche, shouldn't take it away from Incognito just because of recent news causing reactionary votes.

I'm sure Rovell will do plenty to better doucheify himself next year.

• Locked thread