Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Okay, I got all caught up with the new thread in an attempt to answer two questions.

The answer to the first one is "We’ll start here: a semi-colon is a place in a sentence where the author has the decision to stop with a period, but chooses not to. A semi-colon is a reminder to pause and then keep going." and aaaaaaaaaaaaag (Question: "Why am I all-of-a-sudden seeing misused semicolon tattoos all over social media?")

I need help with the second one, though--who/what is to blame for the recent wave of roman numeral tattoos that I assume denote significant dates?

Here's payment in advance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

This is great :toot:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I dunno, they're not the worst tattoos I've ever seen done in the moshpit at an ICP concert

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Oh jesus christ

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I'm assuming it refers to the A-shirt (otherwise affectionately known as a "wifebeater"), frequently worn by kitchen tattoo "artists."

Kwyndig posted:

Well Illinois has the issue that literally anybody can set up a shop with very little paperwork. You basically just have to buy an autoclave and tell the state you're going to do tattoos.

Nah, they're actually pretty nuts about health and safety. Before they'll give you a license, they come by and inspect your equipment and the condition of the premises, and will do periodic inspections. Recently, a couple of my buddies that run a parlor were bitching about being told by the state they had to relocate because the building they were in was too old.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stringbean posted:

B-But I have my children's names tattoo'd on my wrists. Surely thats innocent and not horrible :(

If your kids' names are some poo poo like Jaydynn and Cayeitlynnynn, you need to have them removed.

Your wrists, not the tattoos.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stringbean posted:

Their names are Zoe and James

You may keep your wrists and children :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

spudsbuckley posted:

It's objectively dumb as gently caress. You already know your kids names already and no one else gives a poo poo.

It is just the sign of a person who is so starved for attention that they daub names on themselves hoping some random rear end in a top hat will come up to them and ask "Who are Jocelyn and Brad?" so they can bore yet another person with a rambling soliloquy about their kids and how they are soooooooo amazing.

All tattoos are loving stupid and have no meaning. They are merely a desperate attempt to make yourself look more interesting when you have gently caress all going for you.

Awesome gimmick, duder. You should head over to Games and tell everyone in the Dark Souls 3 thread that videogames are a waste of time for children, then stop by AI and tell them that owning an car is just compensating for the fact that you have a small penis.

A good takedown for CC would be that all hobbies and artistic endeavors are futile wastes of time that nobody cares about.

You've really got something good going on here so I'd hate to see you run out of steam

• Locked thread