Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Oh okay, let's not scout at all and just draw names out of a hat. It's a crapshoot!!!!

I doubt they are just leaving it all up random internet strangers. See if anyone out there gives them anything slightly interesting for free and get some publicity out of it. Worst case, you disregard everything and just use your own data. Best case, you find some diamond in the rough to add to your front office.

Most likely case, Declan and dokmo get jobs in Sacramento

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

PDA seems like he has a sense of humor dokmo, so submitting penis charts to him could win you some points

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan, please do a write-up of Dope rear end Big Men Who Can Play Next To Cousins. Please go all the way until Adreian Payne

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 12, 2014

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Nothing will ever be funnier than that time nbadraft.net compared DeShawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan.

Maybe they were just looking at it from an rear end in a top hat point of view

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

roundmidnight posted:

Henderson also outed himself as human trash (surprise) by tweeting poo poo about Michael Sam, so.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...el-sam-coverage
marshall henderson
@NativeFlash22
One of my best friends, WHO IS GAY, is about to graduate in psychology, asked me to say these things so he can have responses ... TBC

The point of his study was to see how people react when others say things or act a certain way against another group of people ... TBC

He chose gays because of how he relates to it and has to live it EVERYDAY of his life ... He asked me because he knew I would get incredible

As far as what I said, Totally was 100% for the project ... as far as my ACTUAL views - its irrelevant because its gonna happen regardless!

Sorry for messing with everyone like that!!! Everyone really helped my boy AND FOR THAT WE ARE EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Combine was today and you didn't inform anyone Declan? What the gently caress man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Poor McDermott those are bad measurements

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

McDermott was never going to blow up the combine like Harrison Barnes. He is what he is

I don't mean athletic numbers I just meant height. Every knows he's not the most athletic guy but he's just 6'6" without shoes and has an unimpressive wingspan so now you might not even be able to hide him at PF

quote:

-Doug McDermott: McDermott didn't exactly help himself measuring only 6-6 ¼ without shoes, 218 pounds and an average 6-9 ¼ wingspan. McDermott already struggles athletically and has some serious tweener concerns on the defensive end. Although not quite as long, McDermott compares physically to Tobias Harris (6-6 ½ no shoes, 223 pounds, and a 6-11 wingspan). NBA Teams expressed some concern about McDermott's ability to spend time at the power forward position due to his underwhelming measurements.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm assuming most of the top prospects wussed out of doing the athletic tests?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nick Young put up a 39.5 standing vert

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Takeaways: Nik Stauskas is a fatty

:lol: he's doing his athletic drills wearing a long sleeve shirt under his jersey

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@DraftExpress
Dante Exum's standing (31.5 inches) and max vertical (34.5) are just middle of the pack. Standing vert is the same as MCW, max much lower.

Does this mean the next Russell Westbrook won't be dunking over fouls :(

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Noah's measurements are so good that I have to resign myself to the fact that someone will take him before #7 and I'll have to settle for Aaron Gordon. That's probably not the worse thing in the world since he sounds like an amazing defender

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

On reddit, someone asked if he could turn it around and you had all these people coming out insisting that he'll be an all-star and that it was only because of a terrible situation that he put up historically bad numbers.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think we can all agree that Bennett can improve on his terrible season and that he has some tools, but I can't even imagine the mental gymnastics it would take to look at that season and say "yep, that's a future Jamal Mashburn all-star right there".

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings haven't drafted in the top 3 since Billy loving Owens and we have a new owner so where is our rigged lottery bump drat it :mad:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vivek sent his daughter to represent the Kings. I'm assuming we'll hear some creepy goony girl chat over it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Well, at 8 it's probably unlikely Noah falls that far. All aboard the Gordon train

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

warcrimes posted:

Remember that time everyone hated LeBron for leaving Cleveland?

LeBron is a patron saint obviously

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

vegaji posted:

It's pretty impressive that the Kings are totally disappointed with their pick but still get Vonleh, who I think would have gone #1 last year (to a sane front office).

Nope

@SHowardCooper
Just filed to http://nba.com : Kings put No. 8 on the trade block, wanting veteran instead of next rookie to develop. Link to come.

:smith: Yay I can't wait to see what kind of Rajon Rondo package we are getting :smith:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

vegaji posted:

Please move the Cavs/Kings to KC/Seattle. Or purge the front offices or something. The Kings wouldn't make the playoffs even if you put Melo or Kevin Love on that team for 2014.

I hope it just means that the #8 pick is available for the right package otherwise gently caress off the team will see what's left when they draft...otherwise bleh

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aaron Gordon is The Matrix... please???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Emanuel Collective posted:

Carlos Boozer + the 16th & 19th picks for the 8th pick. Everybody wins!

If the Kings don't like Gordon and Noah is gone might as well trade down and get in on the Payne Train

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento fans seem to absolutely hate the idea of Aaron Gordon because who wants to use the #8 pick to draft a super athletic forward who plays really good defense when he's an inch too short and has no jumper

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Thompson is a serviceable big man who was drafted because he beat Derrick Williams in 1-on-1 sessions during their team workouts

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bigass Moth posted:

Can someone explain what happened with Dion Waiters' agent influencing the pick because it sounds like a very lol moment.

Dion Waiters agent completely shut him down during the Combine and refused to do any workouts or interviews. People assumed he had a promise from some team in the lottery but no one knew who. Cleveland panicked and took him at #4 (because someone else will snatch him from us if we trade down!), which was considered a reach at the time.

It's pretty amazing because usually from the Combine to the draft a player's faults and short comings are put under a microscope. In Waiters' case his agent completely turned this around and used mystery to build his hype

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Icy Penguigo posted:

I don't care what reasoning they have to draft someone, if the pick turned out OK in retrospect than it's a dumb thing to be mad about.

Generally, if a person makes bad decisions, bad results will happen even if it manages to work out for them every once in awhile. Which explains how Cleveland got to where it is at.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TheGreyGhost posted:

He did the Hawes trade which has worked out fairly well all things considered

Wait, since when is trading two second round picks in a loaded draft for a half-season rental of Spencer Hawes considered good?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aaron Gordon looks/sounds like he's already a good defender and is really athletic, so he should at least have some kind of decent floor.

But then I thought the same thing about Corey Brewer so I don't know.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

After looking at all the Bleacher Report-esque trade scenarios for the Kings, I'm now 100% onboard the Aaron Gordon train and believe he'll fit a Paul George mold right down to having two first names

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lolsonic posted:

Noel is like a #1

Whoever the Sixers draft is like a #1

Two 1's and a 10 in two years

Thx Hinkie

A haul only surpassed by Cleveland.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DOOP posted:

The Kings almost did a Thad/Cousins deal last draft, so it could be possible.

:lol: yeah sure they did

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DOOP posted:

It wasn't a straight swap, if you believe the rumors

IIRC, it was #11 + Thad + Jrue for #7 + Cousins

Cousins was targeted as the franchise cornerstone the second Vivek took ownership of the team and they gave him a max deal pretty much as soon as they could. I have a very hard time believing that Philly not only almost landed Cousins but also convinced Sacramento to trade down from #7 (they were trying to trade up to get McLemore); all of which happening without anyone on the Sacramento side getting wind of it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DOOP posted:

That what the rumors said anyway. Kings/Sixers working on a deal until an hour before the draft, the Kings pulled out, and the Sixers dealt with the Pelicans instead. No one knew about the Sixers/Pelicans deal either before it happened fwiw

A lot of rumors are dubious at best (hello Hoopshype!) or are partially true but completely miss the mark on how progressed the talks are or how interested the parties are. It's entirely possible the Kings talked with Philly about a Cousins deal but when they found out Philly wanted to turn two lesser players and lower pick into a better player and higher pick, Sacramento just hung up.

kiimo posted:

Any Kings fans want to tell me what's wrong with McLemore? Is there hope for him becoming more of a consistent scorer?

He had a really rough rookie season. He had no dribble game (which we already knew), but he had a lot of trouble adjusting to the NBA 3pt line. He was gassed too. Unless he makes some major strides, I don't see him being a go-to 20ppg scorer. But he's got great physical tools and moves really well off-the-ball already so he still can be a great offensive cog.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ty1990 posted:

That deal is a loving joke but is it really that much worse than Jrue Holliday for 2 top ten picks?

Well, New Orleans' thinking was that they were making a playoff push. So it was Jrue Holliday for a top 10 pick in a weak draft and a (hopeful) mid-first rounder. Not quite as bad. Contrast that with Sacramento giving up a better player and a better pick.

To get back to the original topic, Thaddeus is a nice player but I really wouldn't want to trade the #8 for him and I'm worried the FO will. He's both young, experienced, and a forward which sounds dangerously close to the ideal candidate to the FO

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 28, 2014

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

November McLemore was my favorite McLemore. Every game he would try to take off from the free throw line and throw it down over fools in traffic. Literally every home game I went to that month he would try to do this. But he never managed to pull it off, so between getting gassed and Malone benching him for Thornton he completely stopped trying to do this

If McLemore develops any kind of dribbling skills, it might open things up for him offensively. If not, then we basically have to pray that he finds his NBA 3pt range to be of any kind of use

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento had a secret private don't let the local media know interview with Gordon today. I'd be totally down with him but the Kings never draft who I think they will so I better get ready to hear Saric's name

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick posted:

Are these interviews to be taken seriously? Cuz the Lakers seem to be working out and interviewing just about everyone, including Gordon.

It's usually just teams doing due diligence and checking out anyone who might be available around the team's spot. After Gerald Wallace, Petrie vowed to never draft a player he never had a chance to interview/workout. He later broke this rule by drafting Thomas Robinson...drat it Petrie why couldn't you stick to your guns.

What is interesting is when teams work out players mocked way below their current pick, making you wonder if they are thinking of trading down or picking up someone else's pick

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-celtics-%E2%80%98locked-on%E2%80%99-aaron-gordon-no-6-pick

quote:

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated:

Several league sources believe that Celtics GM Danny Ainge is locked in on Gordon

Oh boy I better get excited about Marcus Smart :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

You could get Randle or Vonleh too. Vonleh actually seems like a good fit next to Cousins.

I'm assuming Vonleh is gone at #8 and that Randle isn't a good fit next to Cousins so why bring on another PF that we can't figure out what to do with

• Locked thread