Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That's not even his best instagram this week

http://instagram.com/p/osEhUfjYRh/

http://instagram.com/p/osDgPEjYQK/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Der Meister posted:

Lol Mattingly having Scott "I'm slow as literal poo poo" start in CF rather than Kemp, what a dick and also idiot

At least they won tonight

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wonder if Utley will Jeter his way into the ASG even in his late 30s.
Utley is hitting .319/.378/.517 this year

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also McCutcheon should be higher IMO.
Swap him with Blackmon and the NL outfield is fine.

But Carlos Gomez is arguably playing better than McCutchen this year and should maybe get that spot.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Has this been posted here already?

I don't know how to feel about this. :pwn:
It's fantastic

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

I really wish Rube was the GM of a team I hated. Like, I'd love and pay good money to see what that man would do to the Cardinals system as it is right now.
If Rube was GM of the Giants, absolutely nothing would change.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Groucho Marxist posted:

are you loving kidding me
I'd expect the Giants to luck their way into more success, because baseball.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Chad Billingsley apparently has a partial tear of his flexor tendon, and will not pitch again this year.
:negative:

no such thing as too many pitchers

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Clayton Kershaw threw one of the most beast shoulda been perfect no nos in history. From the game scores being tweeted about it might be the 2nd best performance ever?
15 K's (career high) no walks, only baserunner reached on a Hanley error in the 7th.

Oh yeah, and don't look now, but the Dodgers are only 4 games out of first place and it's still June.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Clayton Kershaw threw one of the most beast shoulda been perfect no nos in history. From the game scores being tweeted about it might be the 2nd best performance ever?
The gamescore was 102 by my count, and according to BRef that is the highest gamescore of any no-hitter ever. It beats the Koufax perfecto, Ryan's last, and Cain's perfect game which are each 101.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 19, 2014

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This event would be incomplete without a classic Magic tweet

@MagicJohnson posted:

Kershaw’s no-hitter tonight is the 2nd this year for the #Dodgers the first was by Josh Beckett against the Phillies earlier in the season!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

My dad has all the luck. Last night was the 3rd no-hitter he's seen in person.

The first was Koufax's perfect game (at age 12) and second was Ramon Martinez in 1995. I was at the first ~5 innings of the Martinez game but I got really sick and he had to take me home (I was 10). Dad drove back to the game to catch the final several innings himself.

He had an extra ticket last night too, I could have gone but I live 2 hours away and it was just another Wednesday night game...

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MourningView posted:

do you literally live inside dodger stadium because otherwise this is not possible and your dad is a liar
I don't remember because I was 10 and miserably sick. Maybe he took me home after like the 2nd, I dunno. But my understanding is he took me home and made it back for at least the final two innings.

We lived ~20 minutes away, it was 1995 so attendance wasn't that high, he had good parking due to season tickets, and the Dodgers scored 7 runs between the 3rd and the 6th.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 20, 2014

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MourningView posted:

It takes like 17 hours just to get from the freeway to the parking lot there is no way. Lies. This is like all those people who say they saw Wilt score 100 points even though the game was played in front of 12 people in Hersey, PA.
In those days it was actually really easy for us to get in and out of the stadium and parking lots. Attendance was lower then (30K on a Friday night compared to 46K that saw Kershaw last night) and we routinely made it from our house to our seats in under 30 minutes. Getting home was generally even faster.

Premium parking from season tickets and living north of the stadium combined to make it fairly simple.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 20, 2014

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mornacale posted:

bawfuls, can you get on Google Maps to show us a satellite view of your former home and chart out the route to and from Dodger Stadium so that we can judge your dad?

actually I totally can if we wanna be :goonsay: about it!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Senf posted:

Considering the man was awesome to witness three no-no's in person, anything else seems perfectly possible and I would be cool with him riding a unicorn to and from Dodger Stadium.
He saw Gibson's home run too, so maybe my dad really is a wizard.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

JediGandalf posted:

I saw his name pop up and was like, gently caress.

I don't care if they are Astros-level bad or even worse, just have a goddamn plan in place to make it not-bad in the future. There was talk of the Return of Kevin Towers. That happens, I renounce fandom.
yesssss please keep Towers in the division!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FairGame posted:

It is just an elaborate setup to troll kershaw, who went 0-4 against the cards last year.

Including like giving up three xbh to pete kozma
Thanks for the anti-jinx! I had a great time at the game yesterday watching Kershaw strike out 13 and the Dodgers offense come alive for 6 runs.

• Locked thread