Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

Geop, you said in the videos that this is your first Suda game, yeah? Well, most of the Suda games I've seen don't exactly have deep, meaningful combat. Lollipop Chainsaw was as deep as Suda combat gets, and even then you basically used one combo through the whole game because it was way better than anything else, and it was one of the first ones you bought. Suda games basically live off their batshit insane stories, and the gameplay is just there because it's a video game, not an anime.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Suda stopped making games and started just making cartoons instead, but that's just me.

Give Suda half a dozen people to design the game, let him have final say on what will be put in so we don't end up with Gigolo mission nonsense again, co-op him with Platinum and have SONY/[COMPANY] bankroll them for their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samovar posted:

OK; this might seem a bit... I dunno culturally insensitive or what have you; but why on earth does the main character's assistant act so unrealistically ditzy? I mean, I am ok with any character being a klutz and that being played for laughs (as long as, you know, it's done well, with the character being more than these adjectives); but this level of clumsiness is obnoxious and un-funny whenever it isn't flat-out confusing. Is it some kind of a... Japanese cultural-meme thing? And if so, why? I mean... isn't it seen as very irritating over there too?

The only other person/thing/caricature I've seen that clumsy is Colette from Tails of Symphonia. But the one thing she has going for her is that she's not aggressively unpleasant to listen to. The only thing more annoying is that one short chick from Scrubs; Josephine.

Neruz posted:

It's an anime stereotype

Oh god no.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Demonbait posted:

Getting people from Platinum games is a sure fire way to make near as anything better.

Yeah! I mean, just look at what they did to two of the Nintendo higher ups.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is going to go to a bad place, the more you two keep going on about the Gigolo missions and constantly bringing them up to be argued over.

Was it this level or the next one that Geop says it takes off the training wheels and gets really fun and meaty?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kuvo posted:

At this point the puns don't even phase me any more.

That's a shame. They're pretty funny. But then again, you've never been one to have a reaction to puns anyway.

Panzer Skank, if you're here, please weigh in on this matter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Panzer Skank, if you're here, please weigh in on this matter.

Geop posted:

Steam-chat leak:

Thank you for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo that animation for Mondo flailing around after David broke in was Heavy Rain levels of ridiculous. :stare:

• Locked thread