Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

If you really must watch it, stop after 4.

Even better just stop now.

Even better go back in time and don't start it in the first place.

I'd stop after 5. It has it's downs but it's ending is really the best way to end the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I really enjoyed Red Band Society but nobody wants to see "the breakfast club" with dying kids so it will be cancelled.

I found "How to get away with murder" to be pretty boring and Gotham was alright.

I haven't watched Forever or Blackish yet though.

I enjoyed Scorpion but it's a little silly.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah it's doing really well which is a little surprising considering how awful it is. Maybe after the pretty cool ridiculous action in the pilot, people, like me, watched the second episode to see if there would be anything close to that level of excitement in the continuing series. Of course the answer is a resounding no. More likely is it had Big Bang as a lead in so it's capturing that demographic of people who enjoy cringe worthy stereotypical nerd characters on TV. Only this time in a bad NCIS style package.

Scorpion is what would happen if the guys from BBT decided to fight crime and the general public loves bbt

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

I've heard Agents of Shield is good now.

From where should I start watching to avoid the bad?

I'd say episode 12 is where you can see an actual change from total poo poo to "ok show"

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

precision posted:

I know most people probably wouldn't want to watch 9 1/2 seasons of Supernatural just for one episode, but you should totally watch the latest episode even if you've never seen the show before.

This. Also, watch the first five seasons and pretend it ends after season 5.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Supernatural 1-5 was definitely great, and the show is still good but I definitely gave up on it mid season in both 6 and 7 and only caught up before the next season started.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Blue bloods is a show I really enjoy. I like the whole cast. I don't watch any other regular cop show, but I'm hooked on it.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

pentyne posted:

If had just stuck around the extra 30 seconds you'd have also seen the EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: KATHERINE HEIGL

Usually I just don't give a poo poo when someone is notoriously hard to work with but she's a terrible actress as well, so I completely agree.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Le0 posted:

Bates Motel is pretty drat good, that's all.

Is it back?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Netflix won't even revel information to the Canadian government who where threatening them with a huge tax, I don't think anyone has seen viewship data from them.

They are just loving with us at this point.

Is the character playing Robin also 15-20 years older than Bruce?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Machado de Assis posted:

I started watching Jericho (like 5 episodes in), the premise and main plot parts are good but there's an annoying amount of soap opera stuff that seems pointless and utterly forgettable (worst offenders are ~awkward teenage romance~ and the beard dude/bar girl/doctor love triangle), does that get toned down or at least in some way tied into something relevant to the rest as the series goes on?

Yes. Season 2 is incredible.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

zoux posted:

Couple of items of note:

Black Mirror series 1&2 is now on Netflix.

Kristen Schaal and January Jones were just cast in "Last Man on Earth" so I guess that answers that question.

Why do people keep casting Schaal in things?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Manos del Sino posted:

Scorpion is such a drab show. I can understand why it has broad appeal, but there's nothing the show does that hasn't already been done better dozens of times. It's not even hate-watch worthy because that would be like hating on store-brand vanilla ice cream.

I thought it was a cool concept but lost interest quickly because it was so boring. The new shows (besides flash and blackish) are terrible.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

thrakkorzog posted:

Probably because Schaal has a decent track record. The worst thing I've seen her in was her bit on 30 Rock, playing Hazel whatshername. And that was more bad writing than anything else. Schaal seemed game, but her character really felt out of place.

I stopped watching 30 Rock because she was cast. Everything I had seen her in before was terrible and unfunny.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Ascension is crap, even without the twist. I can't buy the loser from Cougar Town as the Captain of his ship or that racism seemingly doesn't exist anymore. Also, that twist would have been awesome with a better cast.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Lycus posted:

They did. Prime is good for having select shows that Netflix doesn't have. Though i stopped binging on it towards the end of my free month. It's up to you whether it's worth the money to have both.

I forgot to cancel prime, but I got 95% of my purchases before christmas.

If I'm choosing between netflix and Amazon, is Netflix always better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

IRQ posted:

I buy enough crap off amazon for it to be worth it, although I don't pay for prime. What you save on shipping really is a ton if you use amazon enough, and when it's free you can do silly poo poo like say gently caress it I don't want to go to the store that sells the cat treats Cat likes I'll just get it on amazon.

In tv news, I am watching Agents of SHIELD based on all the claims it got good and so far I don't quite see it but I'm still in the doldrums of mid-season 1.

Season 1: boring until episode 12, somewhat decent until the episode after captain America comes out, and pretty good for the rest of the season.

Season 2 has been consistently good and keeps getting better, but Arrow and Flash are still better.

• Locked thread