Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol i a-smell an emmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I've watched Rick and Morty, and liked it, so I showed it to my sister, and she liked it, but my mom did not like it, even though she likes the Aeon Flux cartoon and has blue hair, while my sister is boring and does nothing cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If you consider any TV good, then you cannot consider any TV bad.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

raditts posted:

Have any of you guys seen this Hotwire commercial? Apparently it's two weeks old but I just saw it on TV and I was amazed that it featured a gay couple and didn't make light of the fact that they were a gay couple at all. Just treated them like totally normal people. I'm proud of you, TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BaOAJsBPRw

So when looking up a clip of it on Youtube I find that of course lovely conservative groups are against it. Why would "One Million Moms" give a gently caress about this kind of thing anyway?

Its called marketing dumbass and it looks like you bought it hook line and sinker

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

raditts posted:

So what if it is, what the gently caress does that have to do with anything? That Cheerios commercial with the interracial couple that idiots poo poo themselves over was marketing too but I liked that one as well, do I need to check in with you for a list of what is and is not suitable to enjoy on TV because they might be trying to sell me something?

Just keep enjoying commercials for no reason other than being planted firmly in the target demographic

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Either read the books or read Wikipedia instead of asking stupid questions

Answer:

The series places special emphasis on the biology of vampires as parasitic creatures, and the life cycle and physical adaptations of a human-turned-vampire are covered in detail. The vector for vampirism is a capillary worm, which, once introduced into the human host's bloodstream (either through a vampire's feeding or direct invasion by the worm through a wound or orifice), introduces an incurable and fast-acting virus. By manipulating the host's genes, the virus causes a human to undergo numerous radical physical changes.

Your gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The movie's point is that lies are necessary.

It's literally the worst reference you can make.

That's not the point of the movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Well this show seems pretty ok. I had assumed all CC was doing these days was hot garbage like Workaholics.

You're hot garbage.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Yeah Review was ok, it's like a poor man's Porkin' Across the USA. Nathan for You really does seem to have something to it though. Surprisingly dry for CC fare, which seems lately to opt for:

Oh, sorry, here let me tell you the funniest joke ever, Workaholics fan: LOL MARIJUANA!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps soothe your feelings.

I bet you think drunk history sucks because drunk people aren't funny.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
More and more this thread becomes a Tower of Babel

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
People who don't like Key and Peele, IMO, while not racist, are definitely capable of racism. There's a degree of racial empathy that comes with enjoying black comedy like Key and Peele, or Kevin Hart, or Katt Williams. Just because the subjects are unfamiliar to you due to your white racial lineage, doesn't mean the jokes aren't knock-down hilarious. Key and Peele is brilliant sketch comedy, even if you don't think jokes about how black women's vaginas look like a philippe's french dip roast beef sandwich left out in the sun for half the day are funny.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

If I hated a sketch they did about Hispanic gang members does that makes me racist against black people, or Hispanic people or both?

you're an idiot

You're racist against neither, you just don't get it. Enjoying black humor, for white people, is an acquired taste, unless you're familiar enough with black culture to be tuned in enough to laugh with them.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

What you're saying makes no sense. It's not like people dislike their sketches because they're too subtle.

So you think there's an objective standard quality for jokes that, if a joke is surface level enough, anyone can appreciate it, regardless of context, origin and tone? Because as far as I'm concerned, the only reason to dislike a joke is if you don't think it's funny, and the only reason someone wouldn't think a joke was funny, is if they didn't get it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
You're the same guy who gave up on Workaholics because you thought the episode where they beat a bunch of rats to death was in poor taste, right?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The Spoils of Babylon got a nom, you stupid motherfuckers, THE GODDAMN SPOILS OF BABYLON!!!! the motherfucking spoils. of. Babylon. BABYLON!!!!!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Basically, with Brooklyn 99's snub, the Emmys now have less credibility than the Golden Globes.

Think about what that means.

It means literally nothing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
u guys here about that muslim obama winning the primary?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im not comfortable with a black president

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

List of posters who have hosed or said they wanted to gently caress horses:

List of posters who have raped children:

Aatrek

add me to that first list lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ravane posted:

I don't mean to be pedantic, but the first line is not a list since it doesn't actually list any people. So the first list would actually be "List of posters who have raped children:"

But hey, if you wish to be added to that list, more power to you. Rape is, after all, about power.

yeah man.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bown posted:

The IRC is 99% much chiller than the forum.

On this forum, when places are described as chill, it means they are full of losers.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bown posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the people who constantly mock IRC or whatever are some of the unfriendliest posters in TV IV.

I didnt even know there was an irc until you brought it up a few posts ago.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I think declaring a tv show to be bad is inherently unfriendly.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
What was the report reason, deadpool? just curious

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Nah it's bad, it's ok to say that.

I dont like the leftovers because I am impatient, but its not bad.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Do you idiots need constant explosions and sword fights to be entertained? Jesus

Theres three kinds of tviv goons: 24 livewatchers, Lost livewatchers, and Dexter hatewatchers. 24 is back on so those folks are happy but the rest wander around hateposting like ronin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
actually there are hundreds of types of tviv poster idiot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I think the word you're looking for is "individuals."

There's an invisible comma after poster

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Slamhound posted:

No, I hate it.

U must be a Dexter hatewatcher.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy poo poo, Nathan For You is twisted genius.

its not that twisted imo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i hope it goes viral and gets millions.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

I like laughing at the Bone as much as anyone, but it's not a good thing at all if MS drops out of the console market. That leaves zero competition for Sony and we all know how that works out.

nintendo has always made the only games worth buying

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Dude, this is going to blow your mind, I'm from the future, and Y2K totally doesn't happen!

Once again your a dumb idiot

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Are you saying Y2K happened?

:confused:

are we still in the 1900s you stupid piece of poo poo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Deadpool posted:

As a result of pure happenstance a few us have stumbled upon the greatest television show ever made. We now present to you the new Official TV Series of TVIV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCg26VZ0bQ

is this canon with the barkleyverse

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Idk what the first bad episode was but ep 300 was the last one I saw(tony hawk)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bull3964 posted:

It's not confusing, it just has massive holes.

just like ur mom

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
likewise, I would like to make threads for ice road truckers and American pickers. any interest?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Shageletic posted:

After watching two seasons of An Idiot Abroad on Netflix, its kind of my favorite thing ever. Karl Pilkington is an enigma and is an incredible natural funnyman find. Like, not the comedian kind. The kind you used to know as a kid, whose entire life was perfect comedy.

Looking forward to diving into the appropriate thread of course. But the season finale just made it impossible to post about it. Finally have a reason to check out the podcast.

EDIT: The poo poo! There's no thread?!

instead of listening to a million hours of podcasst, just watch the hbo cartoon version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
rick and morty has a pretty all star cast. and brett gelman was on adventure time

• Locked thread