Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Slamhound posted:

If I introduce myself as the new mod before the actual new mod appears, do I steal their mod powers?

What if we all claim to be the new mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Annakie posted:

Deadpool, is it too late for me to change my mind?

No.

Cause then we'd be stuck with Occupation.

Way to go! You're a great replacement for Deadpool

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bown posted:

She has the star! Let's go hog wild! *throws a chair*

How's that Game of Thrones thread Annakie? :unsmigghh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

They never resolved this loose end, did they?

Oh god please don't :gonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

Is Poison Ivy trying to hold in her pee or something, what the hell is going on.

Crabs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xeria posted:

I finished watching season 1 of 24 last night, and it...kind of felt boring? I didn't really care at all about what happened with Jack's wife, and everyone felt like they had exactly two emotions: :geno: and :qq:. And then Jack's third emotion, :tizzy:.

Should I bother watching more if the first season didn't really grab me?

No, it never shows any more than it does in the first season. It just ramps the elements up to 11.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hcreight posted:

I um

So how about that Orphan Black?

Donnie motherfucking Hendrix :rock:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched Rick and Morty. It was ok. Nothing special.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow, I can't even muster up the interest to watch the season finale to Game of Thrones. It really must have been a bad season.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

AmericanEducation.gif

It's so beautiful! :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This can't possibly be as bad as the movie, right?

...right? :negative:

Judging by the head writer and the cast that's been announced it's gonna be awesome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

It was great!

I disagree :unsmigghh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zaggitz posted:

Was there a thread for the first season of the british show Utopia? And is someone planning on making an s2 thread? It's starting up again in July.

We just talked about it in the UK thread last time. Also hell yeah Utopia is back woo!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who watches TV in the summer? Go out and get some sun you nerds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Worst ones are Lost, for starting the practice of 10 second long opening themes and Friends, for that loving song.

But how about we talk about the best opening themes instead? Mine are Game of Thrones, E.R., Sleepy Hollow and Arrow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

Did you just slam Lost for having a 10 second opening theme and then immediately say Arrow is one of your favorites when it's about the exact same length?

Arrow is the exception that proves the rule because that high-intensity music sting is perfect for the show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why did nobody tell me Paterson Joseph was in the Leftovers? :neckbeard:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Irish Joe nominating The Talking Dead as best show of 2013 shows he is still relevant in the modern era

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Are you guys forgetting they shot up a school?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Season 2 was a step down but it still had its moments. Helena and Donnie both got really good character arcs, the main problem was that the structure just didn't come together well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

There's literally no other show on tv with that same level of staleness, including much maligned shows like The Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls.

What happened to you, Irish Joe?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wish we could lose 2% of TVIV

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You know what's a funny show? How I Met Your Mother. I hope it keeps running for years!

NBC have Christian Slater on TV! This is gonna be huge!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The most ironic OP

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

ABC's latest crazy reality/game show is on right now.

It's some kind of LARP/Fantasy TV show/game show.

What's it called?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gravity Falls is popular and has two solid names in Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal. Or did I just make up that entire show?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Quest is the goofiest poo poo I've ever seen. I don't know if I love it or hate it but 2 guys did the Spartacus handshake :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

But that's literally exactly my point, that it being a kids show gives it constraints that rick and morty doesn't have, being on adult swim, and as a result the latter is a much, much better show

Gravity Falls is better than Rick and Morty in animation, voice acting and humour, actually.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

thexerox123 posted:

Do you both just not know how opinions work?

Please make this the new thread title

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's not what I meant and you know it :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

So now that The Killing is over and ignoring the marketing foofaraw, is it worth watching the whole thing?

Absolutely. Watch it all, you don't want to miss a moment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bown posted:

My housemate works at Dominos and it's not real. Just on a timer.

Everything I knew is wrong :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone cast David Boreanaz as an Irishman please

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok so imagine you're allowed to choose X slices of a delicious deep pan pepperoni pizza. But other people want that pizza too and they're going to be choosing slices as well. Now the pizzeria is poor and can't afford to give you a whole pizza. They only have Y slices to give. Now in order to maximise efficiency they're going to give those Y slices to the person who's X is closest to Y. But! If they're X is above Y then they're going to be disappointed and the pizzeria can't have that so they get no pizza. In the end if someone else chooses X slices and you choose X-1 slices you only get pizza if the pizzeria's Y slices is the same as your X-1 slices.

Simple, really.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PriorMarcus posted:

So, last week you ordered Pizza from a brand new store. It was amazing. The restaurant did everything right. Then, this week you ordered from them again and as you excitingly pay the delivery boy your mouth is salivating - it's going to be amazing again and... WHAT THE gently caress!? This time it's just an empty box.

That's lost.

Make this the OP of the Lost thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DrVenkman posted:

I wonder if Lindelof/Cuse will ever admit to that of if it was just coincidence. As it happens though, no he wasn't. He, for some reason, didn't want to live in Hawaii and wanted to pursue other roles. The only other thing I saw him in was GI Joe.

He was in the second Thor movie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

-Blackadder- posted:

How are Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Blue Mountain State, and The League?

The Big Bang Theory is like a margarita pizza, aggressively bland

Blue Mountain State is like an anchovy pizza, an acquired taste.

HIMYM is like a pepperoni-stuffed crust meat feast where it starts out really tasty but then there's too much of it and you end up forcing the second half down and it all ends with a smelly dump in your loo.

The League is like a cheeseburger.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The first half of Selfie was bad jokes about those kids today and their internet. The second half was a sweet tale about two lonely people connecting and helping each other be a little happier. I'll stick with it in the hopes it's less of the first and more of the second.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

-Raditts has been here for 13 years and doesn't get jokes!

Halfway there, guys!

Jokes are funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bown posted:

- Rarity will always be a grump

I think you're confusing me for IRQ

• Locked thread