Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

hcreight posted:

The Leftovers was spectacular tonight and head and shoulders better than the first two episodes.

Still not crazy about the thread though!

That was a really good episode. I think it could be this series' Walkabout, where it shows just how good this show could be. Hopefully they keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Strain isn't good but it's pulpy horror fun. I'll keep watching for sure. Stroll is a good actor so it makes sense that they'd want him involved. I didn't find his wig too distracting.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Who could The Carver be? I don't know, but it couldn't possibly be one of the two new cast members.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just watched last weeks Rectify. It's the first episode this season where I need to see the next one already. I remember devouring the first season in two sittings last fall, but I haven't been feeling this season as much. We're cooking with gas now though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Just saw a gif that makes me want to check out The Blacklist. I'll have to get the DVD's before the new season starts.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I can't fathom why people are saying The Flash pilot was good. It was Smallville 2.0. Great action and effects but awful everything else. Arrow had a better pilot.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I thought the first season at least had decent effects for the era of television it belonged to. It did look way worse after that season though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Deadpool posted:

Lex Luthor was one of the parts that was very good. Along with the best live action version of Lois Lane as well. Smallville wasn't all poo poo, just mostly poo poo. It had just enough good stuff in it to string people along that were even vaguely interested in it for years.

That's about right. I quit during the season that aired right before Superman Returns released. I remember the exact episode too. Clark told Lana his secret and then reversed time to take it back.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I'm on episode 4, season 2 of Person Of Interest and I absolutely have to ask: Does Jim Caveziel ever receive proper stunt fight training? The hand to hand combat is always so painful because of the editing/stunt double work. I initially thought it was because Caveziel's heart really wasn't into it but after the show found an audience and got renewed I expected him to put forth some effort. I guess he didn't, or maybe he's just one of those actors that has terrible rhythm and can't do convincing fisticuffs. Or getting stuck by lighting sent his insurance through the roof.

EDIT: I just remembered the rumor that he can't remember his lines. That would explain why he couldn't do any kind of complex stunt training.

CV 64 Fan fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Sep 7, 2014

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Jack Gladney posted:

Did there end up being any truth to the story that Ana Lucia was written out of the show because Michelle Rodriguez got busted for drunk driving? I remember that being tossed around for quite a while in the episode threads.

Also Desmond fondled a stranger on the bus or something very unDesmondlike.

I thought it was Matthew Fox that punched a bus driver in the ovaries. Even if he didn't, there are plenty of rumors about him being a psychotic fuckwit.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Libby was also pulled over for drunk driving.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Nobody could ever guess Daredevil is blind!!

Also the trailer for the stupendously awful looking Powers adaptation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P02QmncDOzM

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love Strike Back. Good cinematography, choreography and practical effects backed by solid writing. I am so used to awful network espionage shows with shaky cam and CGI helicopters.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
After viewing the first episode...I'm gonna wait on Polo. If it turns out to be bitchin' in later episodes I'll check it out but I got unwatched Strike Back, Spartacus and The Americans to catch.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Nikita's alright so far. It has some network tv crap that I hate but it isn't bad. I'll continue watching it in between Strike Back and Spartacus.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I tried watching an episode of Agents Of Shield tonight. It's a shame it's lit like Grey's Anatomy. Hannibal has a shoe-string budget and is the prettiest show on network television, meanwhile a corporate product linked to a multi-billion dollar film universe looks like a loving soap opera with CGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Michael Pitt has been replaced on Hannibal, once again bringing forth the idea that Michael Pitt is probably a oval office.

• Locked thread